• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glocks Work. Period. End of Story.

Glock fanboys are just as fun to mess with as kimber fan boys.

I used to work with a guy that bought a higher end..er...i mean high cost kimber and i used to talk shit to him about it.

Then he converted to glocks and again i had to rag on the guy. It was so entertaining.

I am currently culling my handguns to glocks. They work

I am currently culling my handguns to glocks. They work
I just got back from the range with my new gen 5 G-19, 600rds of all types of shelf ammo(Steel, brass, aluminum, 115gr to 154) not one firing issue. The single issue is the rear sight is not tall enough, other than that it's GTG. Course my G-23 has never given an issue so I was not worried much going in.

I just got back from the range with my new gen 5 G-19, 600rds of all types of shelf ammo(Steel, brass, aluminum, 115gr to 154) not one firing issue. The single issue is the rear sight is not tall enough, other than that it's GTG. Course my G-23 has never given an issue so I was not worried much going in.
Nice. Yea ive never had to be picky with ammo for ny g34. I did replace the front sight, the rear sight was manageable.

Load a mag with every other case being a fired case and see how the "others" stack up to Glocks reliability...

Glocks work. Period. End of story. Period. With an extra period. ;)

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
I just can't get use to the feel for a Glock in my hand,I wish I could because it is a fine pistol.

I'll have to check the new Glocks out it has been about 5 year since I handled one.

Newer models have interchangeable back straps.

"newer models" ... the Gen 4 models introduced the interchangeable backstraps. They've been out for nearly 20 years. Sucks to be in California though...they can only buy Gen 3 Glocks, no backstrap interchangeability.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you are buying a weapon because of how it looks...you are stupid.
I wouldn’t go as far to say that. Just bear in mind that everyone has their own taste... and in the very end theirs comes second to yours.

"newer models" ... the Gen 4 models introduced the interchangeable backstraps. They've been out for nearly 20 years. Sucks to be in California though...they can only buy Gen 3 Glocks, no backstrap interchangeability.
20 years ??? Only been here for just over 10 years. I seen I was thinking shot 2010 was first roll out.

But glocks are ugly to look at. Lol flame on!

Not only are glocks ugly to look at, some of these glock haters' "significant other"s are ugly too, but they keep them uglies around because they perform to dem peeples' satisfaction. Some peeple like blondes, some like dumb, some like skinny, and some like red, fat, and smart ass. Some even like the dog...

I still like my ugly glock, shes a lot like my sistah...... she will hurt yo ass if u mess with her... ??????

Not only are glocks ugly to look at, some of these glock haters' "significant other"s are ugly too, but they keep them uglies around because they perform to dem peeples' satisfaction. Some peeple like blondes, some like dumb, some like skinny, and some like red, fat, and smart ass. Some even like the dog...

I still like my ugly glock, shes a lot like my sistah...... she will hurt yo ass if u mess with her... ??????
Oh i know, i had to stir the pot, had one whirling around in a post above. Lol.

I do like them, just prefer the full frames vs the compact and even with the new backstraps i may give a g19 another try

So, you have to buy one in a private-party transfer ...

Reactions: jff_stvns
I'm up to 6 or 7. Carried a G27 for years but got sick of dealing with the width. I don't carry them concealed anymore, too big. In winter, if I have a jacket and I'm in a shitty area, G22 strong side. Gotta admit, I have no issues with any of them. They need a slightly smaller G43 for front pocket carry.

2nd best thing about a Glock is if you do use it to save your life and it gets seized, who gives a shit. It's an $450 tool. Nothing there to fall in love with but the reliability and you can just buy another that'll work exactly the same out of the box. I would be pissed if they took my STI...

I'm up to 6 or 7. Carried a G27 for years but got sick of dealing with the width. I don't carry them concealed anymore, too big. In winter, if I have a jacket and I'm in a shitty area, G22 strong side. Gotta admit, I have no issues with any of them. They need a slightly smaller G43 for front pocket carry.

2nd best thing about a Glock is if you do use it to save your life and it gets seized, who gives a shit. It's an $450 tool. Nothing there to fall in love with but the reliability and you can just buy another that'll work exactly the same out of the box. I would be pissed if they took my STI...

Exactly.

My STI pistols are for range and gun club.

Put another 400 + rds threw my gen 5 19 today after I changed out the rear sight to raise POI, added the extended mag release, an the pierce mag base plate with the cut out adder. Why they went back to the stupid cut out makes no sense to me. Anyway she has just a shade over 1K rds threw her and she has proved to be a real whore. Now the carry options open up more.

We just got a CZ P10 S and P10 C in for eval.
My God, so much better than Glock!!!

Last edited:
Put another 400 + rds threw my gen 5 19 today after I changed out the rear sight to raise POI, added the extended mag release, an the pierce mag base plate with the cut out adder. Why they went back to the stupid cut out makes no sense to me. Anyway she has just a shade over 1K rds threw her and she has proved to be a real whore. Now the carry options open up more.

My 5g always seems to shoot low. Maybe I need to look into replacing the rear sight.

Glocks work. Anyone who disputes that is a fool.

The part I don't understand is liking them. Unreasonable attachment to an inanimate object that has no quality workmanship or artistic value. It is the shoelace of the gun world.

Like it..............because it works.

don't give a shit if it gets dinged, scratched, left in the glove box for a year. Hell, don't even need to clean it and it will still go bang (I still clean mine.

Cheap as fuck, cheap mags, dead nuts reliable, plentiful.

The point is...............what is not to like?

oh I get it. some of you want it to be pretty too for $420 out the door.

"Oh, my CZ will kill people so much better than Glocks will."
You got to love these idiots.

If you can aim your CZ better than you can aim your Glock then use whichever one you can aim and shoot better because all things being equal, better aimed shots tend to provide better results.

The ceiling thing was a mention of Wrist angle".
Life long 1911 shooter and self taught to point shoot. Shoot from leather etc.

If you can aim your CZ better than you can aim your Glock then use whichever one you can aim and shoot better because all things being equal, better aimed shots tend to provide better results.

I can "aim" my Glocks just fine. No worst than the CZ handguns.

The ceiling thing was a mention of Wrist angle".
Life long 1911 shooter and self taught to point shoot. Shoot from leather etc.

Cool...I can "point shoot" with my Glocks too. Your point would be...what?

The 1911 is a nice old antique.

So if you soak a Glock in acetone long enough can you use the remnants to make a Lava Lamp?

Reactions: Mr. Z
Cool...I can "point shoot" with my Glocks too. Your point would be...what?

The 1911 is a nice old antique.

My statement was not a point. I wanted to clarify the obvious.
BTW, my 1911 is not antique, Doc Holiday is my hero and you can point shoot your Glock.
All the best.

Precisely the reason why I tell all novice shooters looking to acquire a handgun to go and try out as many different types and models as possible before settling on a decision. There are places where you can rent them. And me and many other shooters will let ya' try out ours if you are tagging along with us.

Bottom line is, choosing a defensive handgun is an investment. It is something that your life may depend upon in the future. Everybody got their preferences and comfort zones. Some people may feel that a .45 ACP is entirely "too much to handle", while others may not even look at a cartridge as useful for anything unless it is a .454 Casull or higher. Heck, my 10 year old nephew from China who has never fired any handguns before, now developed quite an affinity for my .357 Magnum Ruger Vaquero from just one range outing when he and his folks came to visit us. Granted, I made a batch of low powered handloads just for him to shoot, but he is smart and immediately told me that he is sure that the cartridges have the potential to be much more powerful and he wants to try them out next time.

The OTHER bottom line is: The Glock is not meant to be a looker. It was NEVER meant to be a looker. It was built for one purpose: To send bullets downrange reliably with every pull of the trigger until the magazine empties. If some methed up fucker with a machete were to bust down my door at zero dark thirty, I am sure I can pick up my soon-to-acquire G-21 while still in my underwear and put him down dead right there with two rounds of .45 Auto center mass.

Glocks work. Anyone who disputes that is a fool.

The part I don't understand is liking them. Unreasonable attachment to an inanimate object that has no quality workmanship or artistic value. It is the shoelace of the gun world.
Until you drop $1k in modifications! I hear you though.