• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Go to online store for ammunition?

In no particular order:

sgammo
Brownells
Midwayusa
Selway armory
academy
Target sports USA
Lax ammo
Mass ammo

Reactions: SAMR
Ammoman, people say he's expensive but every order over $99 ships for free (seriously who spends less than $99 on "bulk" ammo). Compare his price to others AFTER you have seen what they charge for shipping, he doesn't always beat them all, but its consistent enough to get my loyalty. Also you get $2 in rewards points for every $100 you spend, ever get a few thousand rounds of factory ammo for free? I have.

Reactions: Queequeg
None Frog
I shop. Sg ammo for my aks. Good prices on Winchester right now in 40 and 45. Target sport has over run hst 40 at a real good price. Armsunlimited for Winchester t. Bonefrog has best overall price on tap and hst.
Bone Frog has quit selling to non Leo’s on cases of HST. They were cheap even with shipping. I got an email to that effect. I’m not Leo nor ever have been.

Bought from grab a gun last week. First time dealing with them. Ordered Friday, delivered following Tuesday. Decent price, fast shipping.

Hornady Black 123 Grain ELD-Match Brass 6.5 Grendel 20Rds

SKU: GAG_RES-H81528
10 $168.90
Subtotal $168.90
Shipping & Handling $12.99
Grand Total $181.89

Bought from grab a gun last week. First time dealing with them. Ordered Friday, delivered following Tuesday. Decent price, fast shipping.
yeah i just used them to buy a bunch of different 300wsm ammo to try. they were lowest per ammoseek or close on each plus the flat rate shipping.

Ammoman, people say he's expensive but every order over $99 ships for free

every single time i've checked there vs everyone else on ammoseek, ammoman was def not the cheapest nor even close. not sure what happened because years ago he seemed to be the cheapest. for case purchases, targetsportsusa.com is normally the cheapest when i've bought.

Reactions: Centuriator

Hornady Black 123 Grain ELD-Match Brass 6.5 Grendel 20Rds

SKU: GAG_RES-H81528
10 $168.90
Subtotal $168.90
Shipping & Handling $12.99
Grand Total $181.89

Just bought a TacSol barrel from them. Cheapest by far and quick ship. Still waiting for it.

Not a store per-se, but does anybody know what happened to ammospy.net. Very well organized user interface that would allow for all sorts of searches. It now redirects. Did they sell out? The new website is pathetic compared to the original ammospy.net.

I cannot find anything online about this so far. I was actually looking for bismuth & tungsten matrix shot to try to stock up for next season.

Yep. For my biggest need, Hornady 6.5 CM 140 ELD-M, Outdoor Limited is usually the cheapest to the door, even though they don't have free shipping. But as said by others, I go through AmmoSeek to find the best deal. It just usually happens to be Outdoor Limited for that product.
Don't know if you're in NC or not, but you can schedule a pickup from them. I live about 50 miles away and plan to place an order in a month or so for primers and 5.56. The wife wants to hit the outlet mall near by, so its a win/win.

How does your discount level with TargetSportsUSA Prime go up? Yearly? By how much you order?

Target Sports USA does free shipping for 1000 or better and some others do too.

https://ammoseek.com/ is a great comparison tool.

Target sports has 5.56 Federal for $225 a thousand after rebate.
The stuff I bought came in 20 round boxes and wasn't bulk

Ok, just curious about Prime website ? Everything is literally sold out. Is this the norm with this company ? Scratch the question I just found the answer in the Snipers hide equipment forum in case anyone else does not know.

Last edited:
Sgammo first
Target sports USA 2nd.
I had forgotten about ammoman until this thread lol

99% of my stuff is Target Sports,if they don't have it,they'll get it for you.
Always free shipping and cheap prices with prime

SGammo is almost always my go to
For certain things, but they hit you pretty heavy on shipping.
$28 on a thousand rounds,yeah right, there are way too many willing to ship a case of ammo for free.
I've bought 10's of thousands of rounds off of them over the years until they got greedy.

For certain things, but they hit you pretty heavy on shipping.
$28 on a thousand rounds,yeah right, there are way too many willing to ship a case of ammo for free.
I've bought 10's of thousands of rounds off of them over the years until they got greedy.

Free Shipping is just a fancy way of making the uninformed feel good about the price because shipping is rolled into the price.

What you need to do to decide the deal is what is their cost of the item + shipping vs. what the cost someone else is offering with "free" (or rolled in) shipping.

Sometimes on small stuff you come out ahead.
Often on larger orders, you come out ahead with someone that breaks out the actual shipping costs.

With Prine,everything ships free.
During the Federal 5.56/223 rebates I didn't see SGAMMO offering free anything,in fact they wanted $16.00 shipping per thousand.
I bought 10,000 rounds of Non-Bulk NATO @$225 a thousand,now add the shipping SG wanted-$160
CCI high velocity 22 LR @ $.03 a round,SG shipping was $12.00 so where are you price wise?

I also from time to time order different types of ammo for the same gun untill I find out what it likes.
Their price per box goes through the roof when you add their shipping on miscellaneous boxes of pistol ammo.
When you have a large number of purchases during the year Prime makes perfect sense.
Is it for everyone, no, but 5% over wholesale and free shipping on anything they sell it works fo me.
Something else with Target sports, just because you don't see something listed doesn't mean they can't get it
I've had them order in ammo for me before.
The reason I quit using SG is because they jacked the prices on the Malaysian 7.62 I had ordered.
I still do occasionally buy from them, but as a whole, they could bury the competition if they weren't so greedy.
I don't live far from one of the larger online wholesalers and personally know the people and even he can't match Targets prices.
I understand a person's gotta eat,but think about it when just about everyone is offering free shipping on cases and your not,you lose business.

In no particular order:

sgammo
Brownells
Midwayusa
Selway armory
academy
Target sports USA
Lax ammo
Mass ammo
Yep, just cycle through to see who has the best price at the moment.

Online was way better prior to taxes being charged for internet orders.

Anyone ever use Able Ammo?

They were the only ones that had both of the 6.5 Creedmoor ammo from Berger that I was looking for.

None- Ca Banned Online ammo sales :(

www.ammoseek.com is a great search tool

http://www.sgammo.com/ is good
Move!

Edit: I just realized I was reading this thread from the beginning and replied to a year old thread. Sorry, my mind is elsewhere.
For the record, I have been getting 6.5 cm american gunner from LAX, but I have had good results from SG Ammo, Georgia arms, and brownells when there is a sale plus 10% off. Also, Palmetto State has some of the beat prices for .308 175 FGGM from time to time with free shipping.

Last edited:
i use ammo seek to get a idea of price
but i find myself using target sports more and more
price is always close
ships on time
gets to my front door when expected
actually had them search for a specific lot number of 22lr last month and they found me 1500 rounds more, no extra charges etc

I use ammoseek just to see if there is a significantly better deal than grabagun, which almost never happens. Grabagun is local for me so I can pick it up if I’m in a hurry, and they only charge 12.95 to ship any amount of ammo to my door. That makes them a good choice for high dollar ammo where I’m likely to be buying less than a case at a time. But if you buy two different types of ammo, it’s 12.95 to ship each type, just FYI.

Move!

Edit: I just realized I was reading this thread from the beginning and replied to a year old thread. Sorry, my mind is elsewhere.
For the record, I have been getting 6.5 cm american gunner from LAX, but I have had good results from SG Ammo, Georgia arms, and brownells when there is a sale plus 10% off. Also, Palmetto State has some of the beat prices for .308 175 FGGM from time to time with free shipping.

It's actually a good thing you dug that up. Target Sports just sent out their final emails to those who have an LE account. In the email it states that tomorrow 6-21-19 is their last day to ship to LEO in CA. They still ship to the stores who are already dealers, but no more direct shipping for LE to CA.

I was trying to get clarification on this. According to my research ( and a recent Target Sports email) CA LEOs CAN still purchase online. Target Sports USA was (still is..?) my go to.

Loaded Ammo I usually buy from brownells when they have 10%off w/free shipping.

Target Sports USA in case nobody else mentioned it lol

The reason I stopped using them. I could drive up there and pick it up for way less than shipping but they don't allow pick ups.

That sucks they don't allow local pick ups. I see on the questions page they say "If you are an Oklahoma resident shipping to an address in Oklahoma and order $200+ worth of ammo we do offer 50% off regular shipping rates to help off-set sales tax and keep your total cost on par with what our out of state clients pay. "

Don't know how true that is lol But depending on the size of your order and how they stack up price wise they maybe still an option for you.

Another for SGAmmo here.
Sam gets all my business.

I have no "favorites" .... whoever has the lowest per round price and lowest shipping, gets my business. And that usually means I am buying from SGAmmo or Target Ammo. But...it's all about lowest price, shipping included.

And I start every search here:

The swine out there like Carolina Munitions who stick it to you on shipping I hold in particular contempt. For instance, Carolina will gladly sell me a case of 168gr .308 PPU Match for $551, awesome, but ... they require $112 for shipping! The dogs.

Last edited:
SG Ammo. I swear these guys are in bed with Nachez. They seem to run offsetting deals based on the other's volume.

I just received an order from Outdoor Limited last week and am very pleased with their website, prices, and speed of delivery.
Being just a couple of hundred miles from me is a big plus!

It has changed for me over the years, but lately it's usually Grabagun. I still use Ammoseek to look for best prices.