• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Go to online store for ammunition?

Outstanding thank you for that greatly appreciated.

Does anyone here have the ammo membership with Target Sports? Would be great to know what the pricing structure is b/f dumping a membership fee only to maybe find out the discount is peanuts....or maybe it's large! Thanks if anyone knows the scuttle on that as multiple emails have gone unanswered the last month I know they are busy! If it's a % discount I can apply off all bulk buys that would be easy peezey.

8%

Reactions: atepointer
Does anyone here have the ammo membership with Target Sports? Would be great to know what the pricing structure is b/f dumping a membership fee only to maybe find out the discount is peanuts....or maybe it's large! Thanks if anyone knows the scuttle on that as multiple emails have gone unanswered the last month I know they are busy! If it's a % discount I can apply off all bulk buys that would be easy peezey.
You get a discount on ANY product plus free shipping.

Want to try a box of ammo,no problem it ships free

I don't know the exact % on the discount, but it's well worth it.
I remember stocking up on 22LR and the regular prices were $0.05 and I was buying for $0.04 - $0.03 a round.

I did notice that Target sports hasn't really price gouged.
Over the years I bought a ton of ammo from SGAMMO,what made me quit them was their shipping.
The last time I bought from SG, I spent over $1,000 on shipping in one year
That grand bought a shit load of 22LR, literally

You get a discount on ANY product plus free shipping.

Want to try a box of ammo,no problem it ships free

I don't know the exact % on the discount, but it's well worth it.
I remember stocking up on 22LR and the regular prices were $0.05 and I was buying for $0.04 - $0.03 a round.

I did notice that Target sports hasn't really price gouged.
Over the years I bought a ton if ammo from SGAMMO,what made me quit them was their shipping.
The last time I bought from SG, I spent over $1,000 on shipping in one year
That grand bought a shit load of 22LR, literally
SG lost me last year as well to Target Sports, but I periodically check in on Sam to see if it's changed. TS is slowly LOWERING prices and SG just raised again on 7.62x39.....going the opposite direction. Both just replenished their stock on Tula 122g HP.....TS went down to $239 shipped.....SG up to $271 shipped.

Reactions: Ravenworks
SG lost me last year as well to Target Sports, but I periodically check in on Sam to see if it's changed. TS is slowly LOWERING prices and SG just raised again on 7.62x39.....going the opposite direction. Both just replenished their stock on Tula 122g HP.....TS went down to $239 shipped.....SG up to $271 shipped.
What really done it for me was when he was selling the Malaysian 7.62.
He started out selling it for $311 shipped to my door for 900 rounds,so I bought 6,300 rounds.
After a month he said they only had a little bit left but they were going to raise the price a little to help equal out shipping

Their new price was $359+$28 for shipping ,so now we are @ $387.
Three years later he's still sitting on a pile because people didn't want to pay that much.

Midway when they have sales going. Target Sports is always good.

Vizards sucks a fatty. Bought some stuff from them 3 months ago and they only sent half the order. Had to email multiple times to get a response. They eventually sent everything two weeks later. Ordered some more 22lr subsonic due to the good price 3 weeks ago and crickets. Emailed mid week last week for a update.... and still nothing. Gonna try calling in the morning. Annoying part is not their stock shows sold out so I'm guessing ill just be requesting a refund.

Last edited:
I’ve ordered from ammoman several times in the past but that ended this week. Tried to order a case and it said my area is blocked from deliveries now. I emailed and asked why and they said They aren’t delivering to certain areas of the country because of everything that’s going on. I live on the gulf coast. There hasn’t been anything going on anywhere near here so I ended up ordering from ammunition depot. first time going through them so I guess I’ll see how it goes.

Update on Vizards. Called again after 3 emails with no response. Lady picked up and proceeded to tell me my order had damaged boxes and they were waiting on another shipment which would be a few weeks. Seemed like a bs excuse but didn't even want to deal with it anymore. I asked for a refund and let her know it was the second order they screwed up. She had nothing to say other then it would take a week to process and we hung up. Last order they'll ever get from me.

Ordered some more from SGA and its already processed and shipped.

Reactions: TheDalmore
Selway Armory (esp. hunting loads)
BoneFrog (esp. defensive in 556 and nine)
TSUSA
SGAmmo
Ammoman

SGAMMO, Check often before they send out the emails
And I have gotten lucky at Midway for a couple cases of 9MM but again
you have to keep checking
For quality rifle ammo there is still plenty out there

targetsports for me... they are sometimes a little slow, IMO, on the shipping, but I adjusted to that by buying a month out so, it's worked out well once I got my orders ahead of my demand.

I'm having trouble finding quality 223 ammo online. I'm looking for quality 75-77gr ammo that will shoot MOA or better out of my Tikka 223 and my White Oak Armament barreled AR. Seems all I can find is the 77gr PMC X-Tac, at about 80 cents a round. Are there any better deals to be had right now?

Is the PMC ammo decent ammo? Typically don't shoot PMC.

I'm having trouble finding quality 223 ammo online. I'm looking for quality 75-77gr ammo that will shoot MOA or better out of my Tikka 223 and my White Oak Armament barreled AR. Seems all I can find is the 77gr PMC X-Tac, at about 80 cents a round. Are there any better deals to be had right now?

Is the PMC ammo decent ammo? Typically don't shoot PMC.
Look for the hornady black 75BTHP or Hornady Match 73ELDM...

Another Target Sports USA fan here. I've saved well over the cost of the membership in shipping alone so far. It takes a bit to ship but I've been ordering a little ammo every time I get paid, building up my stock. That works out really well with the free shipping.

Whatever you do, don't get any of the back-ordered stuff from Sportsmansguide.
I ordered 2k rounds of 9mm from them back in early April [before this product was even listed as back-ordered]. In my email confirmation they said that due to high demand, it would be June when it came. No big deal, I'm a patient person.
June comes, and I get an email saying it will now be July when it comes, but I have to confirm that I still want to wait. I click confirm. Things are crazy, so I understand.
July comes, so I check my account to see if there's an est. date for my order to compete.
It's cancelled. WTF?
So I call and they said it was probably a glitch in the system... No problem just reverse the glitch right?
They say that they can't reinstate my order because they don't have an estimated time for when the ammo will be back in stock.
WTF?
I asked for a manager, they refused to connect me to one. But... they put a note on my account. A freaking note!
So now I'm relying on a "note" for them to honor the price of the ammo which I tried to purchase back in April, but I can't redeem this promise until the ammo is back in stock.
I will never use Sportsmansguide again.

Rant over. Heed my warning.

Whatever you do, don't get any of the back-ordered stuff from Sportsmansguide.
I ordered 2k rounds of 9mm from them back in early April [before this product was even listed as back-ordered]. In my email confirmation they said that due to high demand, it would be June when it came. No big deal, I'm a patient person.
June comes, and I get an email saying it will now be July when it comes, but I have to confirm that I still want to wait. I click confirm. Things are crazy, so I understand.
July comes, so I check my account to see if there's an est. date for my order to compete.
It's cancelled. WTF?
So I call and they said it was probably a glitch in the system... No problem just reverse the glitch right?
They say that they can't reinstate my order because they don't have an estimated time for when the ammo will be back in stock.
WTF?
I asked for a manager, they refused to connect me to one. But... they put a note on my account. A freaking note!
So now I'm relying on a "note" for them to honor the price of the ammo which I tried to purchase back in April, but I can't redeem this promise until the ammo is back in stock.
I will never use Sportsmansguide again.

Rant over. Heed my warning.
I had a case of 9mm ordered with them in march/april, backordered, several weeks later i got an email asking me to confirm if I wanted to remain on the backorder waitlist or cancel. I chose to continue waiting. Last week I got an email saying they cancelled my order anyway d/t inability to predict when they will get more stock. Plenty of good companies to do business with, I will be looking elsewhere in the future.

Reactions: Bakwa
Maybe not the cheapest but very competitive, but has plenty in stock. I'm happy with the 300 BO I have received.
American Marksman

Recently bought from Outdoor Limited and Rareammo.com both were great to deal with

Sportsmansguide used to have decent prices, last time I ordered 2k of 308 they never reboxed it. There it was sitting at my door for all to see, never ordered from them again.

Outdoor limited seems to always have some stock.

They have done a decent job of keeping prices higher than most which deters the poors...

I recently purchased a membership at Target Sports, having previously bought most of my BMG ammo from them for the good pricing, no bs fees and people that actually answer the phone when you call (at least pre-Covid). And the free shipping.

The good thing about the membership is you get a short text / email when new ammo comes in, and have been able to buy 9mm, BMG, .44 Mag, and several .308 match rounds.
**The catch** is you have to be prepared to buy it within a few minutes of getting the notice as the ammo usually goes within minutes to hours as there are a fair number of members also buying ammo.

But I'd do it again.

Follow up on TargetSports:

(and I really do like their alerts)

Thursday they sent out a 9mm alert.
I don’t need 9 but decided to test their 1000 round “deal” for $550, thinking geez nobody is going after that at that price...
but it indicated they had “99+” available. So I put 100 x 1000 round “deals” in my cart.
It accepted the deal so it appears they had the goods in stock.
I cancelled and checked 20 minutes later.
All gone. Zero available.
My question is, do you think they will sell me the list of who paid $550 / 1000? :) I got a land deal for them in Texas...

Reactions: Chevoke
Follow up on TargetSports:

(and I really do like their alerts)

Thursday they sent out a 9mm alert.
I don’t need 9 but decided to test their 1000 round “deal” for $550, thinking geez nobody is going after that at that price...
but it indicated they had “99+” available. So I put 100 x 1000 round “deals” in my cart.
It accepted the deal so it appears they had the goods in stock.
I cancelled and checked 20 minutes later.
All gone. Zero available.
My question is, do you think they will sell me the list of who paid $550 / 1000? :) I got a land deal for them in Texas...

Hey there Rip Van Winkle. While you were sleeping a few really BIG things happened and as it turns out, $.55/round for 9mm is actually a decent deal. Yes, we all know you bought it for wooden nickels just last year but that is long gone and you might want to keep up.

Hey there Rip Van Winkle. While you were sleeping a few really BIG things happened and as it turns out, $.55/round for 9mm is actually a decent deal. Yes, we all know you bought it for wooden nickels just last year but that is long gone and you might want to keep up.
Wooden Nickels...Priceless 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Interesting shift. BassPro and Academy locally seemed well stocked in 9mm at 20 cents and 26 cents per round but not online.

Good hunting,
Rip :D

Reactions: Jip4012
I found some at Big R for $.28/round locally. 2 Box maximum.

Did you grab a couple thousand rounds at that price?

Reactions: TXAZ
I’ve been lucky by looking locally. Academy had 147 ELD 6.5 CM that my CM uses about two weeks ago for ~$35 / box of 20 rounds in the store in Plano Tx but none this week. Also check Basspro.com they list individual stores in your area.
Good luck.

Reactions: BigBlastin300win
They both looked like good websites but no academy here in Idaho or surrounding. And cabelas/basspro is out. The search continues.