• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing going from Badger to Surgeon DBM inlet?

Evol ways

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2012
Nor Cal
I just purchased a McMillan A-5 that was inletted for a Badger DBM, stock didnt come with bottem metal, but i have a Surgeon DBM i've had and would like to just have that installed. Is it possible to get it to wotk with the stock? I have searched and couldn't find a answer. Sorrry in advance if it has been discussed, i looked but couldnt find anything.

Yea that's what I thought. Thanks!! Now to find some one who's willing to do it. MY local shop didn't want to because he doesn't have a mill and wouldn't want to mess up the stock.

Can any one recommend me a shop that does this type of work? I emailed GAP and was told they don't offer this type of work.

I send mine straight to McMillian. Depending on when they have the fixture in the mill you may wait a few weeks, but they do an awesome job.

I send mine straight to McMillian. Depending on when they have the fixture in the mill you may wait a few weeks, but they do an awesome job.

I emailed them but haven't got a response back. I'm hopping for a quick turn around time.

I emailed them but haven't got a response back. I'm hopping for a quick turn around time.

You are slowing down the process- they will do your stock when they have the machine set up for it. That's the wait.

Throw it in a box, enclose a letter and UPS it. They will email you an invoice, call them back and pay it. All done.

A friend of mine just sent an A5 back to McMillan to open up the channel for M24 contour. It was 10 days doorstep to doorstep. They still haven't sent him a bill. YMMV.