• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Guys With Guns

Hi all,

My wife is doing a walkathon this weekend to provide a donation to the AIDS Orphan Care organization. They are a NP that works to provide food, water, education and shelter for children in Lesotho, Africa. I have done some preliminary research on the organization and it appears very legitimate.

They and their partners take no salaries and have minimal overhead and waste to really maximize everyone's donation to fulfilling their mission. The founder has an interesting story and sacrificed her time and energy to make the children's lives there as livable as possible.

If you would like to donate something...anything to help my wife reach her goal of $500, it would be great. Her donation page is at

Donation Page

If you would like to learn more about this organization, please read the following

AIDS Orphan Care

Thanks for any help you can provide

In.

Bringing this back up in current topics for those that have not seen and want to play. Only a short amount of sheckels needed to fund. Looks like McKenzie may be perplexed by who Good Guys with Guns are.

In.

Bringing this back up in current topics for those that have not seen and want to play. Only a short amount of sheckels needed to fund. Looks like McKenzie may be perplexed by who Good Guys with Guns are.

Thank you sir!

McKenzie is confused about most things in life...LOL

Heads exploding over GGWG.

Hmmm.

Those barbarians care about little orphans with AIDS?...... whodathunkit

• Haha
Reactions: QuickNDirty
She texted my wife and said "Who are these good guys with guns?"

My wife told them the story.....she burst out laughing and said "I figured it had to be your husband's cohorts"

• Haha
Reactions: Tucker301
Guys,
I started this thread, but anyone can bring any project at any time.
This story is getting national attention and the GoFundMe for him has already met its goal, but if you guys want to do something then go with it.
I'm personally tapped out for a little while as there are some hefty expenses on the horizon around here, but you guys can do this or any other project whenever you want.

Thanks Tucker.

I know its national. We are just cooler than most. ?

Plus with Uncle Schartz living close we can deliver $ in person, so no fees and no taxes........

Relatives of a friend of mine had their home burn down. It also took out their vehicles.

It's a fuckbook donation thing so I'm not sure how that works exactly for people that aren't "friends" , but if anyone wants to donate I can get the proceeds to them.

@QuickNDirty

how these folks doing on getting the help they need? I found a wad of cash in a dresser drawer. Not sure what I sold, but it was a while ago and knowing me, not illegal or a gun.

Hit me your PP addy and I will send some along.

And we gonna be helping Alabusa before ya know it, or he knows it........ :)

@QuickNDirty

how these folks doing on getting the help they need? I found a wad of cash in a dresser drawer. Not sure what I sold, but it was a while ago and knowing me, not illegal or a gun.

Hit me your PP addy and I will send some along.

And we gonna be helping Alabusa before ya know it, or he knows it........ :)

It's a fucked up situation, but they've got a good support network. We've got a box of diapers, clothes, toys, and misc reserves (toiletries and whatnot) headed out tomorrow. They're at 1,160 of a 2,500 goal so far.

The bible made it:

Hot fire...

Tom and Kelly (my Aunt and Uncle) are the kindest two people you will ever meet. They not only raised their two kids, but also still continue to help raise their three grand children. Kelly also spent the last several years devoted to taking care of her mom (my grandma, Maw Maw) when she suffered from dementia so that she didn't have to spend a single second in a nursing home. Their house was completely rebuilt after Ike. But with this fire they lost all of the memories from their their time living in Germany (Tom is a vet), and everything her mom (Maw Maw) left her. The three cars and motorcycle were also a total loss in the fire, so none of them have their own transportation at this time. Their two adult children live with them as well two of their children (grand babies) - Rylan (9 years old) and Saylor (6 months old). They were able to salvage a handful of pictures and her fathers bible. They are currently living separate with friends and a neighbor.

Sweet Caroline Project

Some are already familiar with this effort via PM's, but I am adding the information here for all to see.

First things first - Please scroll up and see the last few posts regarding the family who lost virtually everything in the house for last month.

Caroline
Caroline is one of a pair of twins born with cerebral palsy. They are my across the road neighbors.
Their stepdad is an officer with the Virginia State Police.
They also have a set of younger twin girls together.

Caroline and Riley have been undergoing extensive therapies all of their lives.
Caroline just got home today from her biggest surgery to date - a spinal fusion operation intended on giving her the ability to hold her head up on her own and to be able sit upright unassisted or nearly unassisted.

Before and after photos of her spine.
68448532_10220391972336041_1016414507498471424_o.jpg

Caroline came home today, after a rough week in the hospital at UVA
69160438_2611373278875487_7415017219840540672_n.jpg

Who doesn't love their own bed?
68922325_2612150698797745_4801543145076555776_n.jpg

I am rounding a little bit of money to help the family out with ongoing expenses.
Obviously, we cannot raise enough here to begin to touch their needs, but a little extra cash in their pockets for gas, travels to and from therapy sessions, groceries, etc. certainly can't hurt.

If you want to send Caroline a card directly, and or get in on the lump sum we're rounding up then PM me for details.
Thanks for the consideration and I'll keep things updated here.

Caroline's mom shared this a while ago.
I had no idea such a doctor still existed.

"You know you have a good surgeon when he calls on a weekend just to check and make sure Caroline has settled in at home ok. “Is she eating, going to the bathroom ok? Are you comfortable washing her incision? How did she rest last night? Has she smiled yet? And then he said “this is my cell, if you have any questions or concerns, please call me!” Makes me feel great to have him on her medical team."

Caroline's mom shared this a while ago.
I had no idea such a doctor still existed.

"You know you have a good surgeon when he calls on a weekend just to check and make sure Caroline has settled in at home ok. “Is she eating, going to the bathroom ok? Are you comfortable washing her incision? How did she rest last night? Has she smiled yet? And then he said “this is my cell, if you have any questions or concerns, please call me!” Makes me feel great to have him on her medical team."

Damned dust........Thanks Tuck. (y)

Reactions: Geno C.
Sorry but I see no link or direction for contributions

Please enlighten me

We took it to group PM and finished it there, but if you want to throw another log on the fire it's still very much welcomed and appreciated.
They've got a LOT of expenses ahead of them.
I'll PM you.

Reactions: Geno C.
Anyone want to pitch in? Another lawn care company got popped in my city.

"That's how we make our living. I mean, we're the only veteran-owned, all veteran law company in this area," Milner said. "This is how we take care of our kids and pay bills."

Anyone want to pitch in? Another lawn care company got popped in my city.

Are we pitching in to fund tracking down the bastard thieves and doing some multi-cultural Muslim style justice to them?

This was submitted to me by @Rthur
It's a bit tricky for here because I don't think anyone here is directly involved, and I don't think you can buy tickets online.
That said, it's certainly a worthy cause and perhaps making a phone call is worth the effort.
I don't think there would be any issues shipping guns to winners, but getting that confirmed up front would be part of that phone call.

SWAT raffle ticket.PNG

SWAT Raffle 3.PNG

SWAT Raffle 2.PNG

Thanks Tuck.
Here is a bit of the back story on this deal:

Unfortunately he didn't make it.
This hits close as I have a family member on this team.

BTW- If those that donate to this cause if you would tell them you are from the hide or GGWG I'd appreciate it greatly.

R

BOOM!
GGWG Strikes AGAIN!

A huge THANK YOU to @tmanners of Manners Composite Stocks for generously donating back to GGWG the full cost of the stock we bought for @1J04 !
This morning $1500 was transferred back to me by @1J04, and I just got finished using the funds to complete in full EIGHT Classroom projects on DonorsChoose!
7 of the projects were in Kansas City, where Tom and his amazing company are located, and I threw in a little bit of my own cash with the remainder and knocked out one more near my home! We lucked up and found projects that were being doubled by matching donations from other charities, so our overall impact, with those matching funds, exceeded $3,000 in funding!

As you can see from the screenshots below, all projects received a unified message.

Thanks to all members who have contributed to this and other GGWG projects! You guys ROCK!

Beckemeir.jpg

JenkinsLB.jpg

Johnson.jpg

MCKenzie.jpg

R.jpg

Rolf.jpg

Sachs.jpg

Tillman.jpg

BOOM!
GGWG Strikes AGAIN!

A huge THANK YOU to @tmanners of Manners Composite Stocks for generously donating back to GGWG the full cost of the stock we bought for @1J04 !
This morning $1500 was transferred back to me by @1J04, and I just got finished using the funds to complete in full EIGHT Classroom projects on DonorsChoose!
7 of the projects were in Kansas City, where Tom and his amazing company are located, and I threw in a little bit of my own cash with the remainder and knocked out one more near my home! We lucked up and found projects that were being doubled by matching donations from other charities, so our overall impact, with those matching funds, exceeded $3,000 in funding!

As you can see from the screenshots below, all projects received a unified message.

Thanks to all members who have contributed to this and other GGWG projects! You guys ROCK!

View attachment 7196249

View attachment 7196250

View attachment 7196251

View attachment 7196252

View attachment 7196253

View attachment 7196254

View attachment 7196255

View attachment 7196256

Wow ! Awesome ! :) :) :) :) :) (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

"Dear Tucker,

This donation just brought tears to my eyes as well as to my students. We will be able to carry out our holiday projects now because we have the supplies we need. When I read the email that we were fully funded my students jumped up and down with excitement. I am so happy to report that we will put these classroom supplies to good use. I cannot express enough how grateful I am!

With gratitude,
Ms. Beckemeier"
------------------------

Mrs. R. responded
You all made my day! It was such a surprise to see this project completed. Thank you so much for giving to our school. I can't wait to show my students all of our new books. Have a blessed day!

BOOM!
GGWG Strikes AGAIN!

View attachment 7196249

View attachment 7196250

View attachment 7196251

View attachment 7196252

View attachment 7196253

View attachment 7196254

View attachment 7196255

View attachment 7196256

Dude, you ought to be times man of the Year for some of this shit you've started.

Well that was fun as hell. I personally would be in for another round of fund procurement that we hold in reserve until the right time.

My idea would be this.

See if we can set a goal for funds. Pick a number I don't care. Once that goal is reached then look for a place to bombard with donations such as today.

Some weeks I can give $20 some $200. And some can give $5 a week reliably. So if it went 5-6 weeks to meet the goal personally I would probably donate 2-3 times.

Anyway, just me thinking out loud. Today was a good day for sure.

Oh and for me personally the large PM works wonders.

Dear Tucker,

Thank you so much for your generous donation! These resources will be used for the benefit of our whole school community! Words can't express enough of what this means to our school. Take care and you'll be hearing from us soon! Have a great holiday season. Best wishes.

With gratitude,
Mr. Jenkins