• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Guys With Guns

She has $110 total so far. She's making a shopping trip Wednesday morning after 12PM CST to pick up the supplies for the shelter.

After that, she'll send me pictures of receipts and supplies, and deliver them to the shelter.

If you want to jump in and contribute, just let me know what you sent so we can keep track of what donations are being put toward supplies for the shelter.

Well done, fellas. She sent a video too but i dunno how to share it.

This is ported over from a post in What's Your View.

There is now a GoFundMe setup by a trusted family friend.
You can contribute through there or you can message me on how to send directly to the family, through me, or through @powdahound76.
Either way you choose, we will document all contributions and post back here with details.

Details:

Many of you remember Christine, Leah's mom, from the videos opening the cards and gifts sent from so many generous members here for Leah's birthday a while back.
You may have also glimpsed Matthew in one or two of the videos. Matthew is Christine's husband and Leah's step dad.
Matthew is a Virginia State Trooper as well.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here in Virginia, and Matthew was off. He decided to get out and ride is motorcycle and enjoy the nice weather.

He rounded a turn on a secondary paved road and hit loose gravel where the state had been patching some rough spots earlier in the day. There were no warning signs and by the time he was in the slide and realized what had happened it was too late.

They think the bike got on him at least once and he and it went for a tumble.

Christine is an EMT and she gets a text when the calls come in. She also has GPS tracking on Matthew's phone.
She knew he was out riding.
She saw the alert on the text.
She immediately checked his GPS - he was there.
She prayed and reasoned that he'd come upon an accident and stopped to help. It's exactly what he would do in such a case.
Her dad is also on the local volunteer rescue/fire crew. He called her a few seconds after the alert came and confirmed her fears.

He was flown to MCV/VCU in Richmond.

I got word late, because I'd been outside all afternoon doing my things around the place and enjoying the day.

As soon as I knew what was going on I got cleaned up and headed to Richmond.

She was a mess and she started bawling the instant I walked in the ICU bay. I hugged her for a good long while and talked to her, trying to calm and comfort her as best I could.
She's got a million things going through her head - the costs, the time, how it will affect her work, their lives, the long road ahead.
I told her, "None of that matters right now. It will later, but not now, so put it aside. He is here. That's all that matters. You're not making arrangements and he has a good chance of being whole again."

The list:
Broken shoulder - left
Shattered humerus - left (will need surgery)
3 fractured thoracic vertebrae
3 cracked ribs
2 minor brain bleeds, which have improved today
A fractured artery in his neck (spine) with clotting concerns * Edit - The bleeding has stopped with the artery.
An irregular heartbeat
Tons of pain

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I'll update as significant events occur.

He was pretty loopy last night when I was there, but he was conscious in and out and communicative.
I messed with and told him that they'd found his other foot and it would be arriving today via FedEx.
He grinned a little and said, "Good deal man!"

He's got the button and he knows how to use it.

Get some boys! My PP is ready. Or donate the old school way via mail. Done a lot of those with our “work” here on the Hide.

PMs may be spotty in response tomorrow. Leaving at 0530 to take the kids skiing all day......
I will get back to ya.

Reactions: 1J04 and Tucker301
Update.
His back brace should go on later today. Then they'll give a couple of days for the swelling to reduce before fitting him with a body cast. Surgery on the shoulder and arm will be scheduled for early next week.
He's still in a bunch of pain, but they've got him pretty juiced and some of the conversations are pretty funny. She sent me a video this morning. I'll see if I can post that on a little while.
Thanks for all the support, whether it's through the GoFundMe or direct. It's all very much appreciated and needed!

That's fucked, man. Just goin' for a drive and BOOM, life is turned upside down. I sent a little, will send more once I recover from the last couple weeks. So much folks to help, so little $$$.

I also received a video confirming delivery of the stuff to the shelter. Christie done good :love:

Get some boys! My PP is ready. Or donate the old school way via mail. Done a lot of those with our “work” here on the Hide.

PMs may be spotty in response tomorrow. Leaving at 0530 to take the kids skiing all day......
I will get back to ya.
Can you shoot me your ppal address please? Thanks.

My wife and I spent the afternoon with them yesterday.

They had fitted Matthew with a turtle shell back brace, but it needs some modifications, so it came back off for now. They should have it worked out today when the technician is back to work and make the adjustments.

Surgery on Matthew's humerus is scheduled for Tuesday.
They are hoping that he can go home towards the end of the week.
Support plans are being implemented in that regard, with home health care, devices, and a meals program.

We took Christine out for a late lunch. Just about had to force her to get out of there for a couple of hours, but he had a good stream of visitors and her best friend had promised to stay with him until we got back.
It seemed to do her some good. She was completely drained and needed a break.
She still won't leave his side overnight or for any extended period of time.

We got a to-go of Matt's favorite from the establishment and he scarfed that shit down in a hurry when we got back to the hospital. He was the most awake and alive I've seen him yet, so that was nice to see.

Looking down the road a bit, it's going be a struggle for them.
Financially, they'd just gotten to a point in their lives where things were shaping up.
Matthew was working as much OT (about $20K/year) as he could get and her regular job plus the photography business were beginning to bring in good money for them.
She's already had to cancel a number of photography sessions, and unfortunately, her regular job only pays when she is able to be on the job.
She'll be able to work from home some once things settle a bit more, but I have no idea when she'll be set to resume a normal life again. Perhaps a couple of months?

Thanks again for the efforts, thoughts, and prayers from so many good people here!

I'll keep you posted.

From last night.
Great to see these smiles!

"Two victories tonight!!!! UVA won the championship game and tonight was the first night I’ve been able to hug my husband and he not be in excruciating pain! He asked that I cuddle with him for the second half of the game and thats where I stayed! Surgery tomorrow!
#gohoos "

Surgery yesterday went well and our boy got his new and improved back brace today and was able sit up for the first time in a week.
Christine and Matthew send their deepest thanks and appreciation for all of the support they have received both locally and from you good people.
We're still hopeful about getting them home this weekend!

Glad to see he has turned that corner to healing mode.

1J04 is right (oh how that pains me to say), that is a huge milestone. Even more for a man who takes his role as the head of the family seriously.
Freakin awesome!

I must've missed this one in all the other stuff going on. Glad to see it's going well for the officer.

Reactions: Tucker301
Just got the news and our banged up trooper is on the way home!
Still a long hard road ahead, but this is a big step in the right direction!
Thanks again, boys, and if anyone still wants to pitch in there's still plenty of holes in their budget that need filing.
PM me for Paypal or the address to send cards, letters, ammo, whatever.

@Tucker301

Sorry for not reading this thread even though you tagged me on it a while back. It just got too far ahead of me and I didn't take the time to go through it. It was mentioned elsewhere here and now I know a little more of what's going on. @1J04 is going to help me direct some real money into internet money to send for this. A small contribution will be headed that way shortly. Thanks.

Reactions: 1J04
PS - I noted that Donors Choose now "INCLUDES" a 15% take from your donation to fund themselves.

You must "Edit" that 15% donation down to "0%" so Donors Choose does not siphon off money going to the recipient.

Im not for funding Donors Choose and made sure to edit the donation to 0.

saw my fuck up after I posted. Thank you for correcting. Massachusetts allows self identification so we will leave it up to Mr/Mrs Godino.

Great message.

Id love to know what is going through the mind of the recipient when they are subject to one of our efforts.

I think we have been fortunate to get people that can express just sheer appreciation but I think one of these times we will get someone that declines our help because they do not want to consider us "worthy" considering the firearm connection.

Than again in all the SJW activity I have seen where historical figures are condemned by todays PC none of that criticism has reached the point they will return charitable works that figure may have committed during their lifetime.

As I see it Yale University needs to change its name and refund the heirs of Elihu Yale as well the charitable efforts of Tom Yawkey need to be returned to his family due to his current shaming for being a man of his times.

Reactions: Dewey7271
Hi all,

My wife is doing a walkathon this weekend to provide a donation to the AIDS Orphan Care organization. They are a NP that works to provide food, water, education and shelter for children in Lesotho, Africa. I have done some preliminary research on the organization and it appears very legitimate.

They and their partners take no salaries and have minimal overhead and waste to really maximize everyone's donation to fulfilling their mission. The founder has an interesting story and sacrificed her time and energy to make the children's lives there as livable as possible.

If you would like to donate something...anything to help my wife reach her goal of $500, it would be great. Her donation page is at

Donation Page

If you would like to learn more about this organization, please read the following

AIDS Orphan Care

Thanks for any help you can provide