• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Good Non-Fiction Sniper Book...?

Re: Good Non-Fiction Sniper Book...?

can anyone tell me why there are two different titles for the book sniper one.....one is sniper one:eek:n scope and under seige with a sniper team in iraq....and the other one is...sniper one:the blistering true story of a british battle group under seige...are these books different in anyway or are they the same?

The ultimate sniper

FM 23 10 Sniper Training

Illustrated Manual of Sniper Skills by Spicer

Sniper One by Mills

Hogs in the Shadows was ok

A must read book is "Lone Survivor". It has it all. You won't be able to put it down.

Some would say that 'Shooter' isn't non fiction.
grin.gif

Try 'Trigger Men', chapter five.

I read Sniper One because of the reviews here. It was alright and sometimes it was hard to follow the British slang.
I also just reread Dear Mom: A sniper's Vietnam. I thought this was much better than Sniper One.
I have 20 hour flight I am saving Hogs in the shadows for. Hope it is good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some would say that 'Shooter' isn't non fiction.
grin.gif
</div></div>I know, that was so wrong of me to post that.
whistle.gif

Just picked up Trigger Men and Shooter. Hope its rep pans out.

Looks like I might be heading to the book store this week.

Do not read Ronin it sucks green Donkey Dicks. The first chapter is a Bitch about the Major that wouldn't let the Snipers take a high value target and each subsequent chapter is the same bitch told the same way by a different person.

I couldn't finish the book it sucked so bad.

hunters,hogs in the shadows, sniper one, trigger men, FM 23-10, Applied ballistics for long range shooting.

I really like Trigger Men and Sniper One. I just got a flier from the military book club and I'm going to pick up "Hunters, US snipers in the war on terror". Its not a sniper book but I think get "They fought for each other" too.

sniper one, great book if you can get over the language barrier! on par with some other recent great reads, hogs in the shadows, my men are heroes

I have read the following in the last month, listed in order of reading:
Sniper One
Hogs in the Shadow
Shooter by Jack Coughlin
Trigger Men

I enjoyed all of them, but definitely had favorites.
Ranked Highest to Lowest:
Shooter - I enjoyed the complete story and not a bunch of short stories like the Hog and Trigger books. Can't take everything word for word, but overall great.
Hogs in the Shadow - This is well written, but seems like short stories.
Trigger Men - It seems to jump around a lot during the book, but talks a bit about 5.56 sniping (quite interesting to me). Similar to Hogs.
Sniper One - It is more about the siege and the patrolling sniper teams, but still good.

One of the most exciting and non stop reads I have read is Lone Survivor. This is a must read and has some sniping in it.

I agree with ya, Recko555... Lone Survivor is a helluva good book! I read it from cover to cover in one day, just could not put it down. Not a lot of technical sniping info like some of the other books mentioned, but the story is riveting & 100% worth reading.

I've also read Hogs in the Shadows, Sniper One, & 13 Cent Killers in the last few weeks, thanks to this thread. Working on Trigger Men now...