• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good sale on old school pants

170 bucks for a single pair of pants?!

Ever priced up Crye pants?

Filson worsted wool, imported wool, cut and put together in USA. They are north of $250 when not on sale but in their heavy wool scratchy way they probably didnt appeal to Seattle hipsters so now they are on sale.

These are going to be some solid snow shoeing pants.

Warm when wet, built to last. This is the gear you see in the old camp photos and say "I wish we could still get stuff that well made".

Ever priced up Crye pants?

I did just now, thats even stupider. Its like they charge 50 bucks extra per pocket.

Who the hell need to keep a water bottle on their thigh? Buy a pair of jeans and a back pack and come out 200 dollars ahead.
1545410690483.png

I bought a lot of filson used on eBay.
Love their Alaskan weight wool thermals.
Vests, work coats, waxed coats and pants. Good stuff.
I'm not growing anymore so.... pay extra for quality and I've had this stuff for years.

I did just now, thats even stupider. Its like they charge 50 bucks extra per pocket.

Who the hell need to keep a water bottle on their thigh? Buy a pair of jeans and a back pack and come out 200 dollars ahead.
View attachment 6989931
LOL, posers I guess

EDIT: Agree with PMclaine, Filson stuff is legit and will last a lifetime with basic care.

View attachment 6989931
but dude....they are fucking multicam.....how do you miss this?

You are like the Avicado of clothing for fuck sakes.

I have Filson stuff I got from Mom and Dad 30 years ago that I still wear regularly, and you'd hardly know it was used.

I got their classic, bridal leather, soft briefcase about twenty five years ago as a gift from a girlfriend. I've carried it everyday since. About five years ago it got a tear in the canvas that got bigger and bigger. I sent it in asking if they could repair it and expecting it be charged. They called me and were very sorry to say they couldn't fix it and would have to send me a new one under their lifetime, no questions asked policy. "You're going to send me a new one for free and are apologizing?" He said that a majority of their customers who send stuff in it came from a dad or a grandfather, has sentimental value, and they don't want a new one.

I have a pair of Filson tin cloth chaps that I use for hunting. They're about 18 years old and still look brand new. Of course I re-wax them every couple of years with . Which got me thinking, with all the positive reviews of the waxed canvas game changer bag, I wonder if oiling/waxing a bag with a can of Filson oil finish wax would turn out well.

Thanks,
Ted

Reactions: Fig
I have a pair of Filson tin cloth chaps that I use for hunting. They're about 18 years old and still look brand new. Of course I re-wax them every couple of years with . Which got me thinking, with all the positive reviews of the waxed canvas game changer bag, I wonder if oiling/waxing a bag with a can of Filson oil finish wax would turn out well.

Thanks,
Ted

After you hand wax your bag let us know how it works out for you.

One thing I dont understand about the tin cloth.....is there ever any cleaning of them?

I imagine you basically stiff brush them to remove big dirt but otherwise the body oil and grease they pick up is all part of the waterproof process.

View attachment 6989931

I have no idea who would buy those for the price Crye wants for them. Ironically, anyone who I ever see wearing them has suspiciously clean pants/clothes/gear on.

Best pants for shooting are the OCP pants that SOC guys got that are a relaxed fit compared to the Crye pants but take the Crye knee inserts. I still have mine and love them.

When London Bridges second fiddle company LBX has a sale on tac pants thats when I usually buy at about $50 per. Good field pants/good for use at the work range but leads to the stupid "Are you in the military" questions.

The LBX pants also fit the Crye knee pads have to give them a try for a work class this January.

Nice to see that MultiCam is now gauche and the Woodlands that I was actually issued back in the eighties are what real operators are donning today.

What goes around comes around but Filson wool is timeless.

My brother owns a .ab, Swedish company, and I was in Stockholm helping him out and one of his guys took me to a store to buy work cloths. I got these safety-nazi, eurofaggot looking work cloths with integrated knee pads, reflective strips, and tool pockets. They are as tough as Kevlar, incredibly comfortable, but man are they Euro looking and ugly. It is incredibly well made stuff.
http://www.snickersworkwear.com/

Haha, I have a pair of those filson wool pants. Love em. When I was young we wore filson double tins to work in, talk about long lasting.

My brother owns a .ab, Swedish company, and I was in Stockholm helping him out and one of his guys took me to a store to buy work cloths. I got these safety-nazi, eurofaggot looking work cloths with integrated knee pads, reflective strips, and tool pockets. They are as tough as Kevlar, incredibly comfortable, but man are they Euro looking and ugly. It is incredibly well made stuff.
http://www.snickersworkwear.com/

Fucking Europussy-SJW-Metoo-toxicmasculinity shit going on right here: http://www.snickersworkwear.com/des...erviews/with-passion-for-tiling-and-equality/

I'll take Carhartt and Red Wing boots any day

What kind of world is this that the conversation started out with old school wool pants from the epitome of historical American cool, and ended up with a link to a lesbian tile layer wearing European pants. WHAT KIND OF WORLD IS THIS!!!??

Reactions: Fig and 308pirate
Speaking of Red Wings,

Been wearing the same pair of 2406s for work for over ten years
1545440559244.png

And this past spring got a pair of 8119s for casual wear
1545440607338.png

That's over $550 for two pairs of shoes, but they are lifetime buys

Fuck Chinese boots

Last edited:
What kind of world is this that the conversation started out with old school wool pants from the epitome of historical American cool, and ended up with a link to a lesbian tile layer wearing European pants. WHAT KIND OF WORLD IS THIS!!!??
Sorry