• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s good shooter?

Re: good shooter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: missed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well it is going down june 20th at the oklahoma full auto shoot. They have a sniper compitetion earlier in the day on a 500 yard range. this is where he says that he will be making his money. He also said that he will get the money from the bank before we go. I told him that i posted his challenge on here. He just laughed and callled me a p.o.g. then walked off.
smile.gif
</div></div>
Today was the day. Any news?
smile.gif

Yeah, this story will be good to hear. As it is, I have this voice repeating in my head again and again. In the voice of the 'announcer-dude' from "the Price is Right" from 30 years ago:

....A NEW CAR!!!!

No idea what his name was, but after this STORY, seems like the dad is about to get one.

Your right, we have heard nada, you don't think that the kid made the shot? Maybe he is some wunderkin of shooting. We want to know!

WOuld like to hear what happened. And we know he aint the wunderkid, thats Ms. Sherri Gallagher...certainly so after this weekend.

John

We all just have to face reality. The Marine Wonder-kid must have come through with the shooting.

After all the speculation, claims and counter-claims. Missed is just too embarrased for his dad about paying the $1000 that he dosn't want to update us.

it did not take place at the event it was supposed to.

the version i got from the "Father" goes as this

he stapled a milk jug cap to a target at 100, gave the kid his ar10 with a 10x on it and said if he could hit the cap with one shot he could keep the rifle. the rifle still belongs to original owner and the kid spent a clip and never hit the cap offhand from 100 yds. guess he needed the 5.56 and open sights!!

the father was able to hit the cap so we know it could be done.

I had a friend who was a hell of a shot, off hand he was pretty damn consistant with peep sights out to 250 yds. He was a Korean War Vet. He even said after 250 forget peep sights off hand.

Gib told me a story about Korea, they could see the Chinese walking back and forth from the shitter on the next hill. He got an idea to mount a scope on a M2....I'm sure you can figure out the rest, but......it got so bad for them they also watched them crawling back and forth to the shitter after a few got picked off.

As Gunny Dmax2500hd said, this young Marine won't be the first one to stick his foot in his mouth. Damn shame, I wanted to put a $100.00 on this. :~) I saw some amazing things when I was in the Corps but never shooting like this kid said he could do.

Is the kid still dating your sister? ;~) If I can hit the milk cap do I get a date with your sister? :~)

Forget about his sister, I want a crack at shooting the milk cap for the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oneshotman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude your sister is dating Chuck Norris! </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I can hit the milk cap do I get a date with your sister? :~) </div></div>

hahaha

okay guys sorry i havent reported anything. Well here is the story. We all planned on going to this fullauto shoot and see if this kid could pull it off. Well of course something came up with him so he couldnt go. My dad of course is giving him a rash of shit for a few hours at lunch, and the marine of course kicks into killer mode and says"well lets do it right now". Of course the only range that we have access to around here is 100 yards. Sooooo we load up the guns and head to the range. I had just put a nightforce on my 700 so i was wanting to sight it in plus i had to see how great this kid could shoot. So we get to the range I get my gun sighted in and my dad verifies that his ar-15 is on zero as well as his ar-10 t is zeroed. Since we couldnt get a m-4 the cmmg ar15 and the ar-10t was as close as we could get to a m4. My dad puts up some new paper down range (storm tactical targets from our data books) my dad hands the marine the ar-15 and tells him "do some work son" and by this time everyone at the gun range has heard the story of the bet. So everyone is hanging around our shooting lanes watching and waiting. So he picks up the ar15 looks thru the scope and he says "can we take the scope off and i use just iron sights" so dad was like cool man. throws on some iron sights hands him back the gun. Everyone at the range is whispering and waiting. The marine shoulders the gun and pulls the trigger and you here the bullet hit the bullet catch. I look thru my scope and i dont see any hits on the 8x11 paper. I tell him "miss!" he then says "bullshit!" He tells me that the bullet is in the 1 inch black dot on the target and i just cant see it, But he can see it with his just his eyes at 100 yards. Everyone at this point is lauging and giving him shit. He finishes the mag and did manage to put 15 out of 30 rounds on the paper. So dad was laughing and says " where is the 5 in the head and 5 in the cheast?" He of course tells my dad that it is not sighted in right. Dad then grabs the ar-10t and puts it on the bench puts 5 round in a 1 inch black dot on the target. Dad gets the target and shows him that is shooting dead on with the ar-10t. So the marine tries to shoot the ar10t and puts about a 2moa group on paper and tells my dad that his scope sucks (falcon 4-14 ffp mil/mil) so dad is of course telling him that he is stupid and he cant shoot. The marine is calling bullshit and tells my dad that he can out shoot him. Everyone is laughing and poking fun at the marine. The marine says that doesnt want to embarrass us. So dad staples a milk jug cap on the target and tell the marine "if you can hit this cap with one shot I will give you the ar10 no strings attached" The marine is like alright get ready to loose your gun. Im like that would suck if he hits the cap. My dad is like i dont have a fucking worry about this. So the marine gets behind the ar10 shooting off the bench (not off hand ) and we wait and wait and wait some more then finally he shoots. Im looking thru the nightforce and low and behold he missed about a inch high and 1/2 inch to the right. I tell him "miss" and of course he blames it on the scope. Everyone there at this point has lost interest in the windbag and leave. The marine tells my dad if he had some iron sights for it he would have showed him up. Dad then laughs and pulls a set of a2 national match sights out of his drag bag for the ar10 and tells him there you guy. The kid has a look of "well shit" on his face. They take the scope off and put on the Iron sights and he manages to shoot a 6 inch group off the bench with the iron sights. He then looks up and says those are all kill shots!!! we all laugh at him. So dad puts the scope back on and we are all plinking around the marine tells me that he can out shoot me of course i laugh and blow him off at this point i have been shooting sub 1 inch groups all day. He then tells me since im just a civilian i cant hold a candle to a trained marine. Of course i have been shooting since i was 6. After about 30 mins of him telling me he shoots better than me i was like ok lets see it. My dad puts up a fresh milk cap he takes the ar10 with the scope. I take my marlin 22lr model 881 with my trusty 3-9 utg scope
smile.gif
(varmint gun for around the house). I didnt want to embarass him real bad by using my rem 700. So he loads the ar10 with 10 rounds and I put 10 rounds in my 22 and he tells me that he will put more rounds in it than i will. He then starts to shoot and i cheat a little bit by using my ipod ballistic computer. I start shooting we both finish and walk down to the target and check it out. There was 10 .308 holes all around the cap but none in it, but there was 3 22lr rounds thru the cap and one on the out side edge of the cap. I then told him I hope that i hope a army of milk caps never start shit with us because he is screwed. At the end of the day he proved that he shoots like ass didnt pay any money and still tells us that he is a better marksmen then us. Altho he just went to re qualify last week and qualified at a sharpshooter and then my sister just re qualified as a expert 38 out of 40 so that has been the latest shit talking event.
smile.gif
next time we go out shooting my sister is going to go. So we might just see a real good ass whoopin. Army vs. Marines man i love this shit!!!!!
Thanks skins for the short version!!!

Well; I'm disappointed but not shocked. Had I bet, I would have lost my money, but there are no complaints. The kid couldn't back up his claim. Not his fault I'd hoped he'd acquit himself favorably.

Greg

Ah well, prehaps he has other qualities that your sister appreciates.

Prehaps some glasses might help. After all he saw a bullet hit in the black where there was none.

This young Marine is a section 8 waiting to happen!!! Really, your sister need's to evaluate her relationship with this guy. He is a ticking time bomb. Please keep him away from weapon's and pointed object's.

My couch is alway's open on the weekends.
wink.gif

Thats what you gotta love about a Jarhead, you can hand him his ass on a golden plate, whether at the range,bare knuckles, or in a hot zone and in no way shape form or fashion can you convince him that he's been beat.

Semper fi.

God. Country. Corps. And most importantly to yourself.

Keep in mind that the Corps, just like any other segment of the populus has our share of complete morons.

Now we did qualify with open sighted M16A2's unsupported prone with a sling at 500 yards. That was the last stage of qualification and you also got spotters on every shot so you could correct for changes in wind if you were fast.

I have also shot my M16A2 with irons at 600+ just screwing around. With a spotter it's totally possible to get on then get reliable hits on a man sized target with a rack grade -16.

Having said all this, I smelled bullshit when I read the first post. Shooters that ARE that good are generally very humble folks unless they are disrespected. Then they will be happy to either walk away or make a fool of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I
Is the kid still dating your sister? ;~) If I can hit the milk cap do I get a date with your sister? :~) </div></div>

x2

I'm pretty sure my SKS is more accurate that the moron marine

WOW, that kid needs to have his shooting badges taken away. I havent fired an M16 in over 5 years. And I liek to think, given after 5 shots, sighted in or not, I could hit a milk cap at 100 yards. Figure out where it patterns and kentucky windage.

I know a guy who shoots for the USMC rifle/pistol team although he can hit consistently 10 out of 10 standing at 200 Yeards. I would take the 1000 bet against him standing at 500 yards. he may hit the target 5 out of 10 times, But not as the young devildog states he can.

To me the first indication that someone is lying to me about shooting, Is "Offhand" or "Standing" and then whatever size coin they can shoot, followed by anyting more that 25 yards. Real shooters usually just show you what they can do.

"With a standard “rack grade” M4 and M855, the rifle is a 3MOA gun to standard (set by the US Army). 500 yards at 3MOA = 15inchs of shot dispersion."

If the army calls it as a 3 moa, the marines would call it a 1.5 moa!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shootnblanks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not buying any of this story until, I see pictures of your sister. </div></div>

+1

I hate wind bags. I had a kid walk into the sniper section room one day and say he could hit a 6 inch plate at 1000 yards with an m4... i told him to get the F@ck out of my room and dont talk to me again.

Yeah, I am sure your dads about to make a bunch of money, and add to his wad of hundreds

Cool thread, just goes to prove the old addage about alligator mouth and Hummingbird Butt. Course I can't poke fun, probably couldn't hit the proverbial barn with an M-4 myself.

i just picked up an AR for the very first time last month and put every single shot within 6 inches with cheapo russain ammo and im only 15. this guy obviously didnt grow up with a rifle in his hands. he must be one of the few bad apples in the corp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18ssp2md</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shootnblanks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not buying any of this story until, I see pictures of your sister. </div></div>

+1 </div></div>i knew if i kept reading someone would have already posted what i was thinking, lol