• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got a camel? Need a hotel? Here ya go.

We have a horse “hotel” here in the neighborhood. It’s called a stable. There are several families that keep their horses there. Better than them crapping in the lawn, I guess…

Reactions: Fig and Maggot
Ironiy of ironies.

I fly to KSA in 2 days.

Since when did the Arabs treat their camels well? Wonder why they're all mean as shit? Because, they're treated like shit, beaten, and generally abused.

They eat them too! When was the last time you heard of a cowboy eating a foal? Fuck the Arabs.

Article: Saudis have a camel hotel and a big camel festival and women are going to be allowed to enter their animals in contests.

Last photo of the article:
1672766736224.png

Those are some weird looking camels right there...

Since when did the Arabs treat their camels well? Wonder why they're all mean as shit? Because, they're treated like shit, beaten, and generally abused.

They eat them too! When was the last time you heard of a cowboy eating a foal? Fuck the Arabs.
The book on the Apaches was that they’d run their horses until they died, eat the carcass in the spot, and then run off.

If it weren’t for laws banning the slaughter of horses for human consumption in the US (because of bleeding heart horse lovers) horse meat would likely be available in supermarkets.

Would benefit horse breeders as there’s more money in meat than there is in glue and gelatin…

Reactions: sgtsmmiii and BCP
Probably.

I find it funny that people are laughing at the Camel Hotel when America is covered with Cat and Dog hotels.
It was more a backhand at the Arabs. Fuck the Saudi's and fuck joe biden.

We don't eat dogs for the very same reasons. There are ten-thousand-year-old alliances we have with a few animals that deserve to be honored. I've met some very sweet camels who have been treated like horses. The few camels I've gotten close to in Saudi were spitting, biting mother fuckers, and I know it does not come naturally to them. Their idea of a "hotel" is putting up an unsheltered pen in the middle of the desert. Not impressed at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
Hotels with no roofs in 100+ weather. why don't camel jockeys jump in the pen for a whole day in that fucking heat with very little water and no food.
Edited: btw those camel jokeys treat their women worse than they do the fucking camels

We don't eat dogs for the very same reasons. There are ten-thousand-year-old alliances we have with a few animals that deserve to be honored. I've met some very sweet camels who have been treated like horses. The few camels I've gotten close to in Saudi were spitting, biting mother fuckers, and I know it does not come naturally to them. Their idea of a "hotel" is putting up an unsheltered pen in the middle of the desert. Not impressed at all.
The members of the Lewis-Clark expedition traded wild game to native tribes for dogs. Not as pack animals or for companionship or protection, but because they preferred dog meat over venison. Note that this was not a survival strategy, it was purely culinary. And, it was common to eat dog amongst the native tribes.

I have a buddy whose mom is a FOB Chinese American. They were a family of hunters and kept labradors for waterfowling, There was never a shortage of game in the house, but to hear him tell it, she was most interested in the dogs. “Black dog is best dog.”

On a somewhat related note, I will attest that mountain lion makes for fine table fare.

I’m told that horse is fairly common in European markets.

Bunch of unwashed savages up in here, eating bacon and swilling down shell fish…

I’ve never knowingly eaten dog, but leg of lab sounds a fuck load more appetizing than a tray of oysters on the 1/2 shell.

American culinary sensibilities are heavily influenced by the lobby efforts of organizations like the APHA, AQHA, ASPCA, HSotUSA, and peta among others. You know, the same people that would see you relegated to wheel guns and single shot rifles. More than an imaginary pact between humans and animals, it’s people saying “there ought to be a law agin’ it” what we do or don’t eat.

I would eat a pile of dogs to stave off starvation, but I'm not going to choose it. To your point the butcher shops in France that serve horse are all adorned a yellow or gold horsehead sign.

I'm sorry your tastes go more towards dog and horse, but I'll eat mollusks and crustations over just about anything. Not eating dog or horse is a mark of civilization IMHO. I'm not a subsistence hunter/gatherer.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
I would eat a pile of dogs to stave off starvation, but I'm not going to choose it. To your point the butcher shops in France that serve horse are all adorned a yellow or gold horsehead sign.

I'm sorry your tastes go more towards dog and horse, but I'll eat mollusks and crustations over just about anything. Not eating dog or horse is a mark of civilization IMHO. I'm not a subsistence hunter/gatherer.
Ummmmmmm crustaceans.

Just dont eat the ones off Cape Cod. (See adjoining thread)

From the people who pioneered the robotic camel jockey!!!

Why not?

Why didn’t Americans invent the robotic camel jockey? We have a camel jockey robot gap! They camel jockeys are ahead of us in camel jockey technology. We need to put DARPA on this.

Sirhr