• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Gotta get a new NV

calico22

jackball
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2014
San Die go
Anyone wanna give their thoughts? I have a Osprey Gen 3 Russian. Good to 200yds have had it for about 8 yrs now. Want another one for the .308 gas and be able to put it on a bolt gun. I want to spend the money once and be happy yall know. ? also would you do front mount or scope? Money is not the ? quality and being able to take the recoil or beating. Looking at to many options is making my mind wander tks. Just want others advise, would be nice. Tks again.:confused:

I talked with Vic at TNVC about a front clip on for extreme long range and recoil. I want to be able to use it on everything from 5.56 to 6.5G to maybe .300RUM to .50BMG. I forget the model he mentioned, it's costly but it's the only one that meets all my requirements: long range, high recoil, quality image and works well at higher magnifications. Give him a call, tell him what you need and he can match you up with the right device. It may not be the most expensive one either.

Regardless, I'd go with a front clip on no matter what, just because of the flexibility of using it on other rifles! Hell, you could even sell your other scope and get a PVS-14 and a nice head mount if you don't have one already. Or whatever, you just won't "need" a NV scope anymore if you have a nice clip on.

have a # for him pls. it's been along time for NV for me. tk u guys. That's what I want durability and LR. tks again. Sorry for my lack of computer skills, I'll make it up somewhere else. I'll start by being nice to others what some lack but that's another discussion. tk u.:)

I've got a sale going on solid clip on units with a bulletproof warranty. If it doesn't make you happy I buy it back.

loma linda got it. Delta4-3 got your post too. good food for though tks guys i'll let you know what I'm leaning to do before tks.

FYI, I'll throw it out there that you'll be satisfied whatever route you choose. TNVC is good people as well with a solid product line. There is not a sponsor on this forum that will give you bad info, or bad product.

loma linda got it. Delta4-3 got your post too. good food for though tks guys i'll let you know what I'm leaning to do before tks.

FYI, I'll throw it out there that you'll be satisfied whatever route you choose. TNVC is good people as well with a solid product line. There is not a sponsor on this forum that will give you bad info, or bad product.

That's good people there! Saying good words about another dealer instead of just making his self look better. Watch and learn people.

I talked with Vic at TNVC about a front clip on for extreme long range and recoil. I want to be able to use it on everything from 5.56 to 6.5G to maybe .300RUM to .50BMG. I forget the model he mentioned, it's costly but it's the only one that meets all my requirements: long range, high recoil, quality image and works well at higher magnifications. Give him a call, tell him what you need and he can match you up with the right device. It may not be the most expensive one either.

Regardless, I'd go with a front clip on no matter what, just because of the flexibility of using it on other rifles! Hell, you could even sell your other scope and get a PVS-14 and a nice head mount if you don't have one already. Or whatever, you just won't "need" a NV scope anymore if you have a nice clip on.
Get a Simrad, it'll meet all your needs. Long range, high recoil rating. gen3 ITT tube. It's big but a big performer!

Last edited:
Am i the only one nostalgic for one of vic's pvs 4s in a gen three? beefy. bullet proof. rated to 50bmg, price is right. (yes i know there are better products, i just used it when i was in the military)

On a more realistic note, They are heavy tho and the clip ons are more versatile, but what a field of view. Its kinda like wanting an m1, people love it for the nostalgia.

Am i the only one nostalgic for one of vic's pvs 4s in a gen three? beefy. bullet proof. rated to 50bmg, price is right. (yes i know there are better products, i just used it when i was in the military)

On a more realistic note, They are heavy tho and the clip ons are more versatile, but what a field of view. Its kinda like wanting an m1, people love it for the nostalgia.
No you are not the only one, I like the PVS-4. I think it was ahead of it's time as far as NV scopes go. I have always whined about the weight though.

Try NiteSite they have units that will adapt directly to your scope with detection ranges from 100 yrds to 550 yrds. The most exensive unit they have is
$1250.

If you use the promo code HFAC (Hogs for a Cause) they will waive shipping and no taxes for internet sale. I have 4 pieces of thermal and 3 of NV and this is the bomb.

And so no one is side swipped HFAC recieves a donation for each sale attributed to the ministry.

Dave