• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grand River Tactical

Re: Grand River Tactical

I will update everyone that pm'ed on either Saturday or Sunday. That is the earliest I can get over to his place. I am a full time student on top of working 12hr days, so please understand if I respond at werid times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rak187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will update everyone that pm'ed on either Saturday or Sunday. That is the earliest I can get over to his place. I am a full time student on top of working 12hr days, so please understand if I respond at werid times. </div></div>

I can't speak for everyone, but given you're helping resolve a problem that wasn't of your making, we'll cut you all the slack in the world. I just appreciate someone being able to get this issue put to bed.

+100!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AzDak</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rak187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will update everyone that pm'ed on either Saturday or Sunday. That is the earliest I can get over to his place. I am a full time student on top of working 12hr days, so please understand if I respond at werid times. </div></div>

I can't speak for everyone, but given you're helping resolve a problem that wasn't of your making, we'll cut you all the slack in the world. I just appreciate someone being able to get this issue put to bed. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AzDak</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rak187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will update everyone that pm'ed on either Saturday or Sunday. That is the earliest I can get over to his place. I am a full time student on top of working 12hr days, so please understand if I respond at werid times. </div></div>

I can't speak for everyone, but given you're helping resolve a problem that wasn't of your making, we'll cut you all the slack in the world. I just appreciate someone being able to get this issue put to bed. </div></div>

My guess is you DO speak for everyone. Thanks for the help!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AzDak</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rak187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will update everyone that pm'ed on either Saturday or Sunday. That is the earliest I can get over to his place. I am a full time student on top of working 12hr days, so please understand if I respond at werid times. </div></div>

My guess is you DO speak for everyone. Thanks for the help! </div></div>

Yes, it is very appreciated.

First off, let me start by saying I let this get way out of hand. There are very good explanations of why and how this happened, and would be glad to expound on them, however, that is not going to resolve this issue.

So let me start with this, GRT Gear is a part time business for me. Beyond that, I have already stated the facts in posts in the past.

Secondly, let me start by saying that I owe all of you, a major apology, and my utmost humbleness. It was never my intention to allow this to drag on so long, mislead anyone, give anyone the impression that I am taking anyone's money and running, etc., etc.

I am taking Grand River Tactical in a completely different direction, simply because I do not have the staff or capabilities to continue at the same break neck speed. I started this group buy with the expectation of business slowing, adding my little bro as an employee, which did not work out, and being able to handle current volume while putting in extra time to be able to accomplish this task. The drag bag themselves turned out to be a nightmare to build, and couple that with the custom options that many people wanted, my time frame soon became all too unrealistic. Instead, I decided to plow on, but all at the same time, bury myself further and further.

To remedy the situation with GRT Gear, first my product line is being cut by nearly 75%. The stark realization is I do not have the capabilities as a one man shop to support such a product line. My problem is I am a habitual optimistic, with severe tendencies to put more work on my plate than I can comfortably handle, and after doing this for nearly 4 years now, this situation needs to be rectified at once.

As far as this group buy goes, I am going to refund everyone's payment. The details are this:

Everyone who paid by Paypal, will get the exact refund that I received. I very sincerely apologize to everyone involved with this, but I am discontinuing this product, and no more will be made.

If anyone would rather substitute their order for a PRSM, we can discuss this, there will be absolutely no charge for the price difference. If you want to get a look at a PRSM, please see here (http://www.grtgear.com/Products/PRSM) Obviously, this is not what you were originally interested in, however, I am just offering up an option of a bag.

Refunds will be made withing 3-5 weeks, there are a few variables that may make this sooner or later, and again, I apologize for the huge inconvenience that you all have suffered. I will be mailing everyone a check so no more Paypal fees will be assessed. Please understand this time frame because I am looking at a ton of cash. Unfortunately, when all these payments were received, materials were purchased right away for this project. This is the huge mistake that I made, taking on this project, completely over estimating my capabilities.

Obviously, I am not trying to hide that fact that I am not a savvy business man, I have no business experience, nor do I ever care to be or have either. I am a guy with a few talents, and few interests, sewing and shooting being them. I completely understand that devastation of the public image that this has, is having, and will have on my business name. I am painfully aware of the comments that will come up every time the question is asked "What about GRT Gear?", or "Has anyone dealt with GRT Gear?".

I know this site's members are ruthless towards companies who do not provide at least the most basic levels of customer service or support, because they do not want anyone to suffer the same experiences they had, hell, I am the same way. Maybe the better way to put it is, we all look out for each other, so no one has similar bad experiences with "X" company. It really bothers me that out of the hundreds of successful orders that I fulfilled last year, that this one product, and roughly 15 orders are the ones that may ultimately tarnish my business' reputation indefinitely.

I will not be one of the many that will roll over and change my business name because of this one epic mistake. This and my past mistakes are what will help me revise my own capabilities and overcome future obstacles and hopefully resurrect my company's and my own names reputation.

To all of you, I am very sorry it turned out this way, however, I hope that everyone will be satisfied within the coming weeks. I am about to make a large post in the "for sales" to help facilitate some of the refunds in the quickest manner possible.

Chris (rak187), is a very good friend of mine, as well as Graham. I would very much appreciate everyone treating both of them with respect, as they are very good friends of mine, who have helped me in every way imaginable. Chris is helping organize the refunds, so please forward your information(name, mailing address, and how you originally paid, and the amount) to make sure this gets handled quickly and efficiently. Many of you have already contacted him, but as he forwarded information to me, it only contains sniper's hide handles, and since no one goes by that on their billing addresses or Paypal info, you will have to be more clear.

Again to all who participated in this, I apologize in the most humble manner, and will be making this right with each and everyone of you in the quickest manner possible.

Nick

Jed, to you and all the others, Graham, Erik, everyone, thanks for your support. You guys have shown tremendous support and enthusiasm about my gear that even baffles me sometimes. Thanks a shit ton.

Nick is a good guy, and sometimes things don't turn out as planned. Heck, this happened to me with ghillies, I had a few I had to make, and with school and everything, the time frame I quoted was unrealistic.

We all gotta remember, everyone on this site is human. Some have different abilities, but we have to realize the fact that mistakes are made and sometimes, lets face it, crap happens, we just gotta deal with it.

Well, Nick, I wish the best of luck to your business, you've helped me immensely when I first started making gear and all that stuff.

Cheers

Shay, what goes around comes around. I was helped very much by the gear makers on this site, and was my pleasure to assist in anyway then, now, and in the future.

Well dang, I was just gonna wait it out... That being said, what is the procedure for the substitution? Contact you directly or will you be contacting folks later once you have things situated?

-pd

Dennis, your an asshole, and stand by everything I have ever said.

And your advice sucked.

Thanks for chiming in here where nothing you had to say had anything to do with a single thing in the last 5 pages of conversation, or in the past 3 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dennis, your an asshole, and stand by everything I have ever said. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And your advice sucked. </div></div>

Thanks for the apology, yea I knew you wouldn't like it. I shoulda kept my mouth shut and thank you for deleting all the other nice things you said about me before many people read them. I decided not to post a lengthy response I had all typed up also which quoted everything you deleted prior to my reading your edit.

Last thing I have to say is if you would have met me in person before I TRIED to give you the advice you didn't want to hear you would have had a way different opinion of me than you do now with your internet perception. Guaranteed!!!!

PM sent to rak187 for a refund. I really appreciate the chance to get a refund. It (seriously) means alot to me and is the right thing to do in order to straighten out this whole issue.

Nick are you still going to honor orders that have been place for items other than the bags in this thread? I have a data book cover on order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick are you still going to honor orders that have been place for items other than the bags in this thread? I have a data book cover on order.</div></div>

Only the drag bags are affected, and with these off my plate, things are about to take off again. I just could not handle orders while making these, while making vendor items. Way too much, and I can not continue to try. Refunds are the logical answer, along with discontinuing the product. Your cover is done, and I will box it up tonight, however your name tape will ship directly to you, and avoid coming here at all to expedite this order.

I am working on selling the design, and it may be available through another gear maker from the Hide, but I am not at liberty to discuss this as nothing has been finalized, or passed yet so do not ask about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM sent to rak187 for a refund. I really appreciate the chance to get a refund. It (seriously) means alot to me and is the right thing to do in order to straighten out this whole issue.</div></div>

Robby, your a repeat customer of GRT Gear, and I still have scraps of the material you sent me for that custom project a couple years ago. I am really embarrassed over the whole shit storm that I let develop here, and should have done this in August when it first seemed insurmountable. I know that this may have lost me a good bit of business in the future.

It is very humbling to stare at a mountain of work that just doesn't seem to be getting any smaller, despite the orders leaving out everyday.

Nick,

Did my bag get sent out on the 19th? Rak187 posted a few days ago that it had been completed and was slated to ship (hopefully to my new address) on the 19th, but I hadn't heard back from him when I inquired about it last Friday.

cluebat, I did make the mistake of confusing your order, with another gentleman's from PA named Pat. I am sorry for this, as I am dealing with snipers hide handles, and not names on orders, and made a mistake that I failed to clarify. Your receiving a PM in a few moments.

I'm feeling philosophical, so bear with me.

There is a pretty cool idea here, if you can ferret out the internet static from the underlying story.

How cool is it, that in the US, there are still customers who are willing to pay a premium and wait for extended periods, in order to get quality made, hand crafted gear. Screw second rate communist made knock offs.

We need more companies popping up to do this stuff full time. Value isn't all about price, and on gear where it matters, there is demand out there.

As a nation, we need to quit trying to out China, China. Let them do the cannon fodder, grunt work. Skilled craftsman with pride in their work will always make a better product than the guy who's just putting in his 12 hour day for a bowl of rice.

The design is good and the demand is there. Here's hoping that one day you can make this a full time endeavor, hired skilled craftspeople to broaden your business.

Well, the downside to this story is that unfortunately none of us ended up getting our bags. I'm hoping that it works out for Nick and he's able to reign things in and hopefully sell the design off to someone who has the resources to crank these things out.

I'm glad there was resolution to this, but still disappointed that I'm coming away empty handed..

Well, the UPS driver delivered a package to me as I was leaving for work today............. When I got to work and opened the box........ WOW My bag arrived. It's like Christmas all over.

Nick, your work is truely a work of art and the best dang bag I've owned thus far.

To everyone else waiting........Hang in there...... your day will come too. PAT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, the UPS driver delivered a package to me as I was leaving for work today............. When I got to work and opened the box........ WOW My bag arrived. It's like Christmas all over.

Nick, your work is truely a work of art and the best dang bag I've owned thus far.

To everyone else waiting........Hang in there...... your day will come too. PAT.</div></div>

Only it's not coming, since Nick said earlier that he isn't making any bags and is refunding everyone.
frown.gif

Having spent days shooting w Nick, I can say he's good people, if he says he'll make this right I believe him. In his post he has asked for some time to get $$$ to everyone, he's even gone as far as selling his personal shooting shit to expedite this. He'll turn it around.

As one of the people that DID get their bag after an extended wait (8 months in my case) I would like to say that the stuff is just as good as advertised, no complaints there. Even the 8 month wait wouldn't have been a problem (I was building a custom rifle; the case was ordered before it was done) if I had initially been quoted 6-8 months (not 6-8 WEEKS) or there was some sort of communication. I had even beend told my stuff was shipping the next week........and nothing ever came until 6-8 weeks later. That was the kind of stuff that makes a person worry about their cash (about 350 paid up front in my case). Waiting I have no problem with.......Form 4s.........USO scopes (waited 1 year for one once, but when I did check after the eta passed they gave me an EXACT reason for the delay as well as an updated timeframe) etc. But dammit, when the wait is FAR, FAR over the quoted time with no real communication it gets frustrating.

It is no secret that my wait times are way out from what my goal is, and that is being corrected by reducing my product line to what I had originally intended it to be, match use gear. I am at a point where this will keep me busy enough, and will be able to manage things far easier.

By spring, I will have all the kinks worked out, and will start to have a little recreational time again. That is the plan anyways.

Nick, I think you'll find that all of us other mere mortals such as yourself, completely understand. I, for one, will be behind you, like John Wayne and John Deere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick are you still going to honor orders that have been place for items other than the bags in this thread? I have a data book cover on order.</div></div>

Only the drag bags are affected, and with these off my plate, things are about to take off again. I just could not handle orders while making these, while making vendor items. Way too much, and I can not continue to try. Refunds are the logical answer, along with discontinuing the product. <span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Your cover is done, and I will box it up tonight, however your name tape will ship directly to you</span></span></span>, and avoid coming here at all to expedite this order.</div></div>

I still have not received my data book cover. Any updates? I have been told the above probably 3 times now going back as far as July I think. I have also recently sent you a pm and email with no response.

Refund IM request went through on 1/22. Three weeks later and no refund.

With all due respect to Nick, he did indicate that refunds would be anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks. It was also noted that he would be traveling out of the country for a few weeks this month, so perhaps that is the situation and he will 'check in' on the thread when he is back in the country. I know that there have been two people that received refunds thus far...

We will see...

Patience, Nick is selling rifles and gear to get the refunds to you. They will come, Nick is a good dude, have no worries.

Yep Yep, got my Refund like 3 weeks ago after Nick chimed in.. Yep Yep lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chinaski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all due respect to Nick, he did indicate that refunds would be anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks. It was also noted that he would be traveling out of the country for a few weeks this month, so perhaps that is the situation and he will 'check in' on the thread when he is back in the country. I know that there have been two people that received refunds thus far...

We will see... </div></div>

Nick is out of town for training for is normal job. I talked to him yesterday and he will be processing the remainder of the refunds when he returns. He has a week and a half until he flys back.

I have had recent dealings with him, and he seems like a stand up guy.

I have no skin in this game, but it's nice to see somebody try to give recourse on a bad deal. Too often, people are left empty handed, but Nick is doing the right thing here.

Friends,

I bought a vest for hunting pigs, negocei with Nick and I waited a long time, I came up to me impatient with him, I was very nervous about the delay.

But when I received the package, even being taxed through customs of my country 100% of the value of the product plus shipping, the cost was nearly $ 750.00, I felt satisfied by the quality of the service run by Nick. It was very expensive, indeed, before long, it is also true, but I have to take into account that is a product of exceptional quality and craftsmanship that will last my whole life.

Therefore, I apologize publicly to Nick at some point I was clumsy with him, and also to recommend as a supplier, will I buy so it opens the site for new applications.

Selva B.´.

Still waiting for a vest that I purchased from the For Sale section on January 20th. The vest was pictured as complete but 45+ days later I still have not received it. PM's and emails have gone unanswered.

No refund, 8 weeks and counting on this Saturday.

PM'd Rak187 a day or two ago, no response. Posted in another For Sale thread that Nick Painter started and no response, although he did reply to another person on the thread in which he had sold something and they didn't receive what they had bought, so I guess he just ignored me.

Frustrating to be out over 300 bucks with no end to this nonsense in sight. I sent him money for my bag 7 months and one day ago. I don't care if he is a good guy or not anymore, what he is doing to people is WRONG. It's flat out THEFT.