• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Griffin Armament "Beast" Suppressor For 338LM

TXBodean

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2011
Texas
Finally got my stamp and picked up "The Beast" for some sighting in. I was a little concerned at first that without the TRG-42 Muzzle Brake that extended shooting sessions would be a thing of the past but "The Beast" tamed the recoil almost as well as the OEM brake. Of course it weighs a ton, so that could account for some of it. As far as it's suppression performance, I was very pleased. Pretty much made the TRG hearing safe without protection, but of course I have permanent residual ringing so that may be biased by the observer. As far as cosmetics, the suppressor is pretty "plain Jane" but it makes up for it in functionality. At the price that I paid for a suppressor that can handle the 338 LM, I am a happy camper.

Attachments

• bfe93f28-46a8-46c1-8145-0b9dcbd40e28_zpsa820ad10.jpg
    bfe93f28-46a8-46c1-8145-0b9dcbd40e28_zpsa820ad10.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 39
Glad you like it. That's a legacy product for us now. We went the way of the world and now do muzzle device attachable .338 cans. But the beast is still a great suppressor, it will provide a life of enjoyment.

Thanks for posting,
-Evan

I have experience with both and the standard thread attach is more capable for long range work than the quick attach mounts that I've experienced. IMHO the threads hold the suppressor more securely which help eliminate variability when every fraction counts.

I have experience with both and the standard thread attach is more capable for long range work than the quick attach mounts that I've experienced. IMHO the threads hold the suppressor more securely which help eliminate variability when every fraction counts.

In todays vast expansion of technology, the old QD vs thread on being more accurate is going away. Most suppressors on the market currently today have a QD option and they perform just as well as their thread on counter parts.
Check the TBAC 338P and 338BA.

KYS is right.

Our new Precision Hunter line of cans has the mounting interface CNC ID cut, then the bore is wire EDM tapered to the mounting system on a Taper mount Jig. It's blueprint accurate in terms of manufacturing. Thread mounts have nothing on properly machined thread over muzzle brake suppressors, IMO.

As a huge plus thread mounts will shoot loose with moderately rapid fire schedules. Proper mounts will not. That is a large advantage. It isn't so much a concern with bolt guns, but anything semi-auto that might see a decent amount of round count in a short amount of time should not have a direct thread mount interface. We don't do direct thread mounts for this reason. They are slightly cheaper but give up practical usability.

But yeah, for a precision gun either is a good option. It really depends on if you want a brake under your can protecting threads as well as giving you some recoil reduction when shooting with the suppressor off.

KYS is right.

Our new Precision Hunter line of cans has the mounting interface CNC ID cut, then the bore is wire EDM tapered to the mounting system on a Taper mount Jig. It's blueprint accurate in terms of manufacturing. Thread mounts have nothing on properly machined thread over muzzle brake suppressors, IMO.

As a huge plus thread mounts will shoot loose with moderately rapid fire schedules. Proper mounts will not. That is a large advantage. It isn't so much a concern with bolt guns, but anything semi-auto that might see a decent amount of round count in a short amount of time should not have a direct thread mount interface. We don't do direct thread mounts for this reason. They are slightly cheaper but give up practical usability.

But yeah, for a precision gun either is a good option. It really depends on if you want a brake under your can protecting threads as well as giving you some recoil reduction when shooting with the suppressor off.

That is true, I shoot a suppressed AR and use either Teflon tape or Locktite to keep it from backing off.

That is true, I shoot a suppressed AR and use either Teflon tape or Locktite to keep it from backing off.

Loctite on your muzzle threads? Not a good idea.... The teflon tape trick works for awhile then it just melts off.