• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Guess I'm gonna have to call Mr. Potterfield

Tripwire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2006
VA
Ordered an 8 lb jug of AA No. 5 on the 3rd of January. Website said "available" and ships from manufacturer 2 to 3 weeks after order is placed....um, okay.

Card charged 139.99 + 27.50 + 9.99 "additional shipping"....um, okay.

First time EVER in over 35 years of reloading not just buying powder locally.......

Still waiting for my jug of powder......6 weeks after order.

Checked the website just now.....that powder is now temporarily unavailable and now ships 10 to 12 weeks after order.

So is my powder that WAS available when I ordered it not available now and I might maybe get it in another 4 to 6 weeks?

The gravity of the shortages is not lost on me but Larry has my money for something he said he had to sell AT the time I ordered it........and at a time when the panic buying hadn't really kicked in hard yet.

As far as I'm concerned this is a damn good way to lose a long time customer.

PLENTY of other places to spend my money.........

Re: Guess I'm gonna have to call Mr. Potterfield

I hear ya...I prepaid nearly $3000 for an LMT308MWS 2.5 months ago...we all have our issues...

So then why don't you just file a charge back on your credit card and let Midway discuss it with your cc'd company. Same thing happened to me. Don't let one mishap ruin all the good experiences with Midway. They're pretty much the most solid company out there when it comes to customer service and actually getting things in stock.

I've had decent luck with Midway in the past, but I'm guessing they're a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

I ordered two 10/22 magazines in December, which had a backorder availability date of something like 1/14/13. I called them at the end of last month to ask where my magazines were, and they told me that they couldn't give a ship date, but thought that it would 'probably be in the end of March or April'.

Midway has been setting really low purchase limits on items in order to SOAK PEOPLE'S ASS'S on shipping. It's a crock that if I want 6 pistol mags I have to place 3 separate orders and get boned thrice on shipping and handling charges.

I used to purchase alot from them...But now.....I look elsewhere.

Natchez is worse BTW...

I ordered a good bit of powder and primers last summer and they shipped the powder separate from the primers which gave me a bonus of 2 shipping charges and 2 hazmat charges. I have throttled back my spending with them since then. I only buy there if I need it and no one else has it. Powder Valley almost always has better prices.

I did the same thing. It showed in stock so thats why I bought it. Guess it wasn't.

I ordered in stock powder from Midway early December and got it and the end of January. Later than I usually get stuff from them but expected with the crap storm.

I avoid them like the plague due to how badly they abuse shipping charges. I recently ordered a bunch of from Cabelas that due to the hoarded ended up backordered. It wasn't quite as cheap as Midway but as stuff has trickled into stock they send it to me...and I was only charged the same shipping as if it had all gone out the same day in one box.

If I had ordered from Midway I'd likely be out an additional $40-50 in shipping charges.

I've been told by someone in that business who should be in a position to know that Midway is actually very bad at inventory management compared to its competitors. They often use Brownells as a supplier.

I actually sent an email to them inquiring if they would start a "prime" membership for people who spend a shit ton of money with them a year..... I got the usual we will let you know. I think their shipping prices are outrageous because when you return an item most people put "defective or not as described" which makes them pay for the return shipping.

I always add shipping handling as part of the price I pay when I evaluate who I will buy from. It is the only way to figure out the true net cost of an item. Rarely will I pay a net higher cost out of customer loyalty when buying reloading components. Alexander arms and ARperformance always get my loyalty because they have both earned it the old fashioned way...superior customer service.

Powder Valley does not charge your card until they are ready to ship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ACE31!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway has been setting really low purchase limits on items in order to SOAK PEOPLE'S ASS'S on shipping. </div></div>

I'm sure that's it, rather than trying to ensure supply-limited items can get to as many of their customers as possible...even if in artificially low quantities.

Ti would be pissed too but try and be cool when you call, trying to fill all the orders must be a nightmare. Not to mention orders like yours that got screwed up. No dount they made a mistake but no one has any powder right now.

Had to wait 17 minutes to talk to customer service.....Hmmmm.

I'd imagine, with the absolute ease and simplicity of ordering off the web, the majority of those ahead me weren't killin' time placing orders over the phone.

Infact, the girl had my "issue with an order" about guessed before I even said it.

You're calling about powder right?

Why yes dear I am....ordered it 7 weeks ago, available, in stock, etc., etc.

We put in a "request for cancellation of order" with Accurate....which may or may not be honored according to the very apologetic and polite CS girl.

I now await an email from Accurate......."which shouldn't take too long".