• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gun tab?

Crowbag

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2022
PA
Is anyone familiar with Guntab? Apparently it’s an escrow service for selling guns. I have a buyer with no feedback asking me to use it.

You don’t have feedback either and items from a seller without feedback gets passed up many times by people not wanting to be the first. If you had a decent amount I would tell you to not jump through hoops to sell an item as someone else will come along. Considering you don’t, you may want to. I do not know anything about these escrow services.
I just completed my first deal on here, I have a rifle I purchased arriving in a few days.

Reactions: wade2big
I just completed my first deal on here, I have a rifle I purchased arriving in a few days.
I must have deleted that message after you quoted it. 😂. I figured it wasn’t any help to you. Congrats on your first deal as a seller.

Reactions: Crowbag
Let us know when it arrives.
I was looking at a vehicle through an escrow service and did some research. Many emails between me and the service while I was digging. Their address turned up as a legit auto dealership in California. I called them and they didn't know anything about the escrow company. I then found the car had been auctioned several months earlier through a legit auction site. The escrow company was claiming that the vehicle was in their warehouse and I requested a visit to inspect it. Their response was carefully worded but basically said that I had 30 days after receiving the car to reject it at no cost.
Hopefully it works out for you

I've used it a couple of times - worked fine.

Let us know when it arrives.
I was looking at a vehicle through an escrow service and did some research. Many emails between me and the service while I was digging. Their address turned up as a legit auto dealership in California. I called them and they didn't know anything about the escrow company. I then found the car had been auctioned several months earlier through a legit auction site. The escrow company was claiming that the vehicle was in their warehouse and I requested a visit to inspect it. Their response was carefully worded but basically said that I had 30 days after receiving the car to reject it at no cost.
Hopefully it works out for you
The rifle I’m receiving this week was paid for by me through Venmo. I’m getting it Tuesday. Having a payment held in escrow while someone else is holding my rifle feels a little off, with a potential grey area.

The rifle I’m receiving this week was paid for by me through Venmo. I’m getting it Tuesday. Having a payment held in escrow while someone else is holding my rifle feels a little off, with a potential grey area.
The car deal was the same thing. I pay them. The car gets shipped to me and I would get 30 days to back out if it wasn't as advertised. If I decided to not keep the car it would be shipped back at no expense to me. After the thirty days they would release the funds to the seller.
I searched the Web and read lots of posts by people in car forums that claimed to have used the service with good results. Then I found the car in the auction site and it had the exact same pictures as the escrow service was using. The price the car sold for in the auction was maybe a bit overpriced and the price listed by the escrow company was less and included the shipping. Too many red flags. Seems like there's a new scam every day on the Web. So I don't trust anyone.
Like I said. I hope it works out for you.