• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Guns and coffee

D6B2EE5E-5ECF-4CCA-A3EE-8C366D570E86.jpeg
Night coffee and LTT

I love that 30 rd mag in the FN/FAL in the bottom picture. Hope that poor guy didn't end up rotting in the jungle somewhere.

Off topic....

@Bigfatcock

Liberia 1990.

Locals were always bringing us shit to buy.....

View attachment 7492500

We didnt buy these. I think they wanted $500. I dont know what the status of the ban was than but there was enough chatter none of us wanted to get involved.

They sold us all kinds of animals knowing we would buy them and let them go....

View attachment 7492501

View attachment 7492502

We kept this one as a pet and than someone from 3/8 poisoned it on us....

View attachment 7492503

Didn't buy this guy.....

View attachment 7492504

Guessing his skull is all that remains rotting in some jungle on the outskirts of Monrovia.
In reference to this bottom picture . . . goofed up on the quote part . . . the FN looks almost of Israeli design

I love that 30 rd mag in the FN/FAL in the bottom picture. Hope that poor guy didn't end up rotting in the jungle somewhere.

His hand was all fucked up. I gave him some first aid shit. Kids were wondering if I was going to shoot him or was he going to shoot me. He had the only means to do anything.

Kind of nuts, middle of a civil war and I was just out walking around town when I came upon this guy. You might not see it but I didn't really blend in locally.

Think I was up at the top of Mamba Point Hill, the former Free Mason Temple.

In reference to this bottom picture . . . goofed up on the quote part . . . the FN looks almost of Israeli design

There was every brand, form, design, of gun available there.

1990 the Taylor rebels had some serious history guns delivered to them. German WWII leftovers worth tens of thousands.

Reactions: camocorvette
That is pretty gutsy to be walking around in PT uniform and very identifiable as an American. I'm in a place right now where we have to keep on the down low. Great place to be though, I'm sure I'll have some great memories like those.

That is pretty gutsy to be walking around in PT uniform and very identifiable as an American. I'm in a place right now where we have to keep on the down low. Great place to be though, I'm sure I'll have some great memories like those.

It was mid 1990.....different world.

We considered security some as terrorism wasn't unknown but I was a 22 yo Marine Cpl. Fuck you and all.

Some Peace Corps dude told me it wasn't cool after seeing me downtown on my Cannondale.......'Merica!

That maple board all my shit is on is a beast . It’ll be 60 inches long by 27 1/2 inches wide when done. Starting from two book matched rough sawn slabs. Both 18 inches wide. Will rip edges, joint with hand planes, and glue up.

All hand tools.
1E7CA7BB-4291-4341-8B88-B96C3A6C346D.jpeg
5A2081D7-FC16-4CCE-A036-E26DAFB3683B.jpeg
6152BF71-8B13-40E8-A208-BB541D7FBE6A.jpeg

How do you like that KA-BAR?
DW

It was a spur of the moment buy.

Reasonably cheap. I baton it to make kindling and smoking maple for the grill.

Has your standard USMC blade with a nod to EK in the handle.

Would prefer to unscrew the plastic scales and get some wood ones....maybe old Garand wood.......same EK style with same hardware.

It was a spur of the moment buy.

Reasonably cheap. I baton it to make kindling and smoking maple for the grill.

Has your standard USMC blade with a nod to EK in the handle.

Would prefer to unscrew the plastic scales and get some wood ones....maybe old Garand wood.......same EK style with same hardware.

Lots of carving wood to match the stacked leather profile. If I remember correctly the buttcap is swaged in place.

Lots of carving wood to match the stacked leather profile. If I remember correctly the buttcap is swaged in place.

I think he means post #62 with the Browning Hi Power.

KaBar bought the designs of EK knives.

The handle is a full tang with some black plastic slabs.

The scales would be super easy to make, just a long rectangle with a few scallops taken out of the side.

Drill holes for the hardware, good to go.

Best thIng I like about that knife is it's actually parkerized. New USMC KaBars are coated (gay).

Parkerizing and linseed oiled Garand walnut would step that blade up considerably.

One on the right....

image.jpg

I think he means post #62 with the Browning Hi Power.

KaBar bought the designs of EK knives.

The handle is a full tang with some black plastic slabs.

The scales would be super easy to make, just a long rectangle with a few scallops taken out of the side.

Drill holes for the hardware, good to go.

Best thIng I like about that knife is it's actually parkerized. New USMC KaBars are coated (gay).

Parkerizing and linseed oiled Garand walnut would step that blade up considerably.

One on the right....

View attachment 7493527

Oh, that makes sense!! Yeah, the other handle would be pretty easy, but preserving stamps would be hard due to the profile. Very narrow down the center.

Oh, that makes sense!! Yeah, the other handle would be pretty easy, but preserving stamps would be hard due to the profile. Very narrow down the center.

Yeah wouldn't expect so. A big GAW acceptance stamp would be just lines.

Nah just some Garand walnut so the history of the warrior becomes one with the knife. Keeping that history from becoming firewood is a worthy cause.

If you haven't seen some of my other posts rubbing linseed oil on things is one of my passions.

Nah just some Garand walnut so the history of the warrior becomes one with the knife. Keeping that history from becoming firewood is a worthy cause.

If you haven't seen some of my other posts rubbing linseed oil on things is one of my passions.

Never was a fan of EK handle designs.

Provide the wood and I'll do it for you for free. Won't be able to work on it until late January-early February though. Reckon It would be a fun project for an old Jarhead.

I would remove the majority of the wood from the bottom of the scales as I would want to leave the original finish on the flat. All that historical grime that can't be replicated. That means I would have to cut the slabs from each side of the stock, so I may not be able to book match the scales if the stock has significantly different grain on either side. If I can work part of the cartouche in, I will. It will be cut off though due to the dramatic scallops, unless the cartouche would fit on the flat.

What would be really cool would be a set of 1911 or single action grips with an armory repair in it.

Don't want to derail the thread so shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

I have to dig through the stash. I have a 44 special I had made from a model 28. I also have a 45 Colt I had made from model 28 with correct cylinder and bore dimensions. I miss the days when a model 28 police trade in could be had for $200.00.

Last edited:
I have to dig through the stash. I have a 44 special I had made from a model 25. I also have a 45 Colt I had made from model 28 with correct cylinder and bore dimensions. I miss the days when a model 28 police trade in could be had for $200.00.
Yes, I miss those days too. I've always had a thing for N frames. I'll try and dig out another one for tomorrow's coffee. I'm jealous, though. I've always lusted for a 3.5 inch 27. One wouldn't think half an inch would make such a difference, but it does.

Yes, I miss those days too. I've always had a thing for N frames. I'll try and dig out another one for tomorrow's coffee. I'm jealous, though. I've always lusted for a 3.5 inch 27. One wouldn't think half an inch would make such a difference, but it does.

That's what she said........

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98

Linseed oil is a gift from God. We need a furniture thread. I have gone through gallons of the stuff on steel and wood. Can’t beat it.

Tung is better for weather protection but it's too stable.

The color you get is the color you get.

Im liking the red that comes through over time with linseed.

You definitely have to maintain linseed more, I kind of like that it requires my attention.

I've got rifles coated in either.

Some that are blessed with both.

Hatchet handles even get some oil love....

image.jpg

Winchester 69a I rebuilt a few years back that I used tung oil on. Toying with the idea of making an accurized version in the shop, just done have any spare machine time. Such a fun little rifle. Maybe a model 75 rebuild is in the future.
863DAEB5-92E3-40BB-947C-5A458E93B5BE.jpeg

The Nescafé is the hurry up out the door brew around here. Bustelo is the real deal though.