• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

H-S Precision HTR 338LM, how it shoot?

cgustaf16

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2009
Italy
I found an H-S Precision HTR Pro Series cal. 338LM in a local shop at a very good price (for the italian market) but I really don't know how this rifle shoots, should I buy it or not? I am looking for a precision rifle for some long range match, I already have a TRG42 in 300WM that shoots very very well but the H-S is damned sexy

Re: H-S Precision HTR 338LM, how it shoot?

I would say depends on the price of the gun. I can only speak from my experience with my HS precision take-down HTR in 308. I would only fire with Commercial primers like gold medal match. It would not reliably set off military primers such as lake city M852 rounds.

The fit and finish was very nice though. \

http://www.hsprecision.com/shop/review/product/list/id/8/category/11/

I have owned several HS Precision HTR's in various calibers. The two that were chambered in 338 Lapua were very accurate. They shot bullets from 180 to 300grs. very well. The preferred powder for both was RL25. I don't recall ever having any problems with HS Precision rifles of any kind. I would buy HS Precision products with confidence.
Semper Fi

i can't speak about the current quality or the htr in 338 lapua but i have an approximately 10 year old htr in 300 win mag and still love it. the fit and finish on it was perfect and it is very accurate. it is still the smoothest <span style="font-style: italic">tactical</span> rifle action i have used. i have zero complaints about the rifle.