K-Bars  Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
PX Member
Minuteman
I thought you had so many that you weren’t allowed to buy any more.....
Actually only a select few. I buy to keep... except some spikes I gifted.

now waiting on group hawk. Nothing else I see is priming my cartridge... so enjoying the drops as a spectator and cheerleader!

Sirhr

kc7pwx

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2020
Washington
When I saw the notice for a drop on the 16th that came out on the 6th I didn't see the one so I kept checking the site for a drop to see what all there was.

earthtrekker1775

The Prodigal Gun
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
PNW
Actually only a select few. I buy to keep... except some spikes I gifted.

now waiting on group hawk. Nothing else I see is priming my cartridge... so enjoying the drops as a spectator and cheerleader!

Sirhr
Can I see another photo of the group Patriot hawk?

CStroud

Gunny Sergeant
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2018
Mississippi
Drop tonight/today just FYI. Oh, and no folders dropping this go round, Andy said they weren't ready yet/delayed.

Starbuck

Visualize No Hippies
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2009
Boulder County, CO
Well Andy's announced "last big drop" of 2020 must be limited to his FB posse, because all there has been since 4 Pm Pacific has been, um, not what you'd call a big drop. Just sayin'. Stay safe!AEAF30C5-E186-46AE-87B9-107F816A6104.png

ItalianMf9

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2020
Decent. Had the Disaster with forest green handle in my cart and went to checkout, went to an error page, went back in, gone from my cart. :confused:
The Widowmaker with grey and red grip was nice!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
PX Member
Minuteman
My biggest disappointment right now is the fact they are out of hot sauce. Should have bought a few cases. Stuff is good.
If you go to the sr lechuga page, it is in stock for shipping. I don’t think the truffle is in stock... but the subscription makes an awesome gift! Even sending it to someone else is not a bad idea!

Sirhr

BEJ762

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2014
Bay Area, CA
If you go to the sr lechuga page, it is in stock for shipping. I don’t think the truffle is in stock... but the subscription makes an awesome gift! Even sending it to someone else is not a bad idea!

Sirhr
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually looked earlier when HFB was out of stock. Have to be honest, none of the other Sr lechuga flavors speak to me. However I may need to revisit that!

CStroud

Gunny Sergeant
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2018
Mississippi
wow that would be amazing. I figured close to a grand. they could charge almost whatever they want and they would still sell out.
still gonna be a roll of the dice to get one. hope I see the post about the drop in time.
I know the preorder price was $385. I'm taking a big assumption that the price will remain the same for the ones they put out through their site.

Starbuck

Visualize No Hippies
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2009
Boulder County, CO
Well lots of blades and hawks sold out just now at 5:06 MST. I was too slow to snag anything.

Maybe some more will drop today - we'll see....

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2019
From the South.
I got lucky. luck thru sheer will. Snagged one of the pocket knives and a badass crow jr that exactly paint matches an incoming custom glock 48 ive got coming.
You are one freakin’ Lucky Dog. Those are outstanding and it was surprising on that price, that was a nobrainer buy there...grats. 🤙🤙

Reactions: NateSavannah

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    www.None.com
    You are one freakin’ Lucky Dog. Those are outstanding and it was surprising on that price, that was a nobrainer buy there...grats. 🤙🤙

snagged this crow jr. and honestly at $300 spent less than I went into the drop thinking I was going to spend. Probably my favorite crow/ breacher type they listed this go around. Couldnt believe when it was sitting there all not bought 32.7 seconds after 7pm. this Crow Jr and I was also able to snag one of their folders.9F0E8A7D-1063-478B-A782-4F97AEA8832C_1024x1024.jpg

CBDR

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 4, 2017
    Jacksonville FL.
    snagged this crow jr. and honestly at $300 spent less than I went into the drop thinking I was going to spend. Probably my favorite crow/ breacher type they listed this go around. Couldnt believe when it was sitting there all not bought 32.7 seconds after 7pm. this Crow Jr and I was also able to snag one of their folders.View attachment 7523466
    Its a work of art. They are gone in a flash.

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    Some asshole (yeah...ASShole) just put up a folder for $1000 on eBay, already in hand...My opinion, just my opinion, whatever...problem is he’ll probably get it. I understand it, eBay breeds this. If it was $500 I wouldn’t buy it from him even if I wanted one, and I do...but not going to support this kind of person. Again just my flipping opinion. 🤙. But, hey...fuck my opinion, right 🤔, just not by this guy.

Edit Add: Probably shouldn’t of snapped so hard. It’s gotten worse on eBay now though. 🤙

Last edited:

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    www.None.com
    Some asshole (yeah...ASShole) just put up a folder for $1000 on eBay, already in hand...My opinion, just my opinion, whatever...problem is he’ll probably get it. I understand it, eBay breeds this. If it was $500 I wouldn’t buy it from him even if I wanted one, and I do...but not going to support this kind of person. Again just my flipping opinion. 🤙. But, hey...fuck me, right 🤔, just not by this guy.
    ya thats tough. I hate that shit. I bought my first sangin off of ebay. never again. patience is a virtue. cant support these assholes that buy up everything in these very limited drops only to charge 3 times the price on ebay.

Reactions: Remington_Steel

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    In a long game (time span) I can hang with it but this is just blazing greedy fuck whoever, “I’m getting mine”. Of low opinion here. Somebody to stay away from as far as I can. They’ll stab a friend for a quick buck.

Remington_Steel

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 29, 2020
    My heart, is capitalistic. To the core. I ducking love people getting paid. The other side is the price Half Face charges for their hard work which should be receiving the greatest reward.

There will always be those who will prize profit over his fellow citizen. I’m kinda cool w it because those dudes can at best win a day. They lose long term.

its possible this company will never have overstock. Look at us. Our reward will be high quality.

Remington_Steel

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 29, 2020
    Stick to it. Save your chips if you must. Buy custom pieces. There will be a market for them.

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    www.None.com
    My heart, is capitalistic. To the core. I ducking love people getting paid. The other side is the price Half Face charges for their hard work which should be receiving the greatest reward.

There will always be those who will prize profit over his fellow citizen. I’m kinda cool w it because those dudes can at best win a day. They lose long term.

its possible this company will never have overstock. Look at us. Our reward will be high quality.
    see my problem is where people get bots and other macro coded software that buys up the stock faster than most people can checkout. with no intention of keeping the knives they bought. only to charge $1000 plus on ebay for a $385 pocket knife. Same deal with sangin. The owners hate this shit too to the point where they asked on the overlord para drop to not get it if you plan on selling it on ebay.
    capitalism is cool.
    but these guys buying up all the good shit with bots and superspeed connections to charge triple on ebay is about as cool as those 12 year olds fast scoping you on call of duty. sure its fair-ish, but it sucks.
    goto halfface's instagram about this last drop and read the comments. 99 percent are people upset their knives were taken out of their cart because they were too slow. than goto ebay and look at the knives all those poor gentlemen lost out of their cart.

Starbuck

Visualize No Hippies
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 2, 2009
    Boulder County, CO
    see my problem is where people get bots and other macro coded software that buys up the stock faster than most people can checkout. with no intention of keeping the knives they bought. only to charge $1000 plus on ebay for a $385 pocket knife. Same deal with sangin. The owners hate this shit too to the point where they asked on the overlord para drop to not get it if you plan on selling it on ebay.
    capitalism is cool.
    but these guys buying up all the good shit with bots and superspeed connections to charge triple on ebay is about as cool as those 12 year olds fast scoping you on call of duty. sure its fair-ish, but it sucks.
    goto halfface's instagram about this last drop and read the comments. 99 percent are people upset their knives were taken out of their cart because they were too slow. than goto ebay and look at the knives all those poor gentlemen lost out of their cart.
    Bots? Superspeed connections? Fuck the elites! Andy should find a way to prevent this shit from going on. Naval Intel can they help?

Remington_Steel

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 29, 2020
    capitalism is cool.

I gotta be all for that. I’ve lived my adult life under the philosophy of,”If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying hard enough.”
    Auto racing taught me this. I forget who said it originally. I can’t get mad. I will say that because of this situation I’ve bought my first Busse blade recently. My first microtechs recently. My first Mummert. Bastinelli. I’m sure that one day I will be free to waste money on half face blades freely. Until then, I will do what I can and explore. It’s good. I love capitalism. I’m stoked that it will always be vibrant. I love the ebb and flow. So much success awaits half face blades. We will get blades.

Love that they are using 3v more and more. I’d like a 3v sword. Kukri.

Last edited: