K-Bars  Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    www.None.com
    They started by dropping about 400 blades, four styles. When there was just one 'style' left (about 50 of them), they dropped about 6 more styles of production blades. I think there between 500 and 800 blades dropped last night. All nice simple production knives.

They also added a Captcha generator to checkout. So while some claim there are no 'bots' there certainly have been sniperware and Shopify bots used to grab piles of blades at once. As soon as the captcha generator was added... lots of issues went away.

Next Friday, there will be a big 'customs' drop. Andy announced that last night. This was a production blade drop to help a lot of people get a first knife... get stuff out there and have a drop that lasts (well, so far, a day!)

As for the cerokote blades. I have one in tiger stripe and love it. I use it and could care if it was scratched up. It's a great working knife. And I have a 'tiger stripe' fetish. But lots don't. So they stay unsold a bit longer.

Acid etch fall under custom. And those I am sure are coming. Next Friday will see whether the captcha generator is working or not.

I'm just glad to see so many folks finally got first-time blades and could join the tribe, so to speak!

Cheers,

Sirhr
    Oh im not butthurt by anymeans. just noticed it was strange how the blades came and went. Was different how past drops went. thanks for the explanation. does leave you in a place where you sit there and refresh a million times until blades sell to see if hes going to put up a particular blade youre looking for.
    Ive done well. Ive got 3 blades the last month. 2 I keep on me at all times. a production crow scout and a shpos folder. both amazing blades. Just lookin for the disaster breacher to satisfy the collection for the time being.
    Im glad hes worked out some of those issues with distributing the drops. They make amazing knives and hated to see people talking so much shit about them 100 percent due to other peoples greed. Buying in bulk to flip at ridiculous prices. Hopefully now his knives can get spread around a little more at the price he intended.

itieknots7

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 22, 2009
    PA
    How does one subscribe? Was not able to find it.

Reactions: Zorrosdens

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    Rodger That…went to the site at work but missed that “item” since we were busy somewhat…got it. And bought a combo set for my son, too, much appreciated. 🤙🤙 Will have to try and score some HFB recipe, if “things” settle down a bit…or I just get lucky 😉. 🤙

itieknots7

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 22, 2009
    PA
    Rodger That…went to the site at work but missed that “item” since we were busy somewhat…got it. And bought a combo set for my son, too, much appreciated. 🤙🤙 Will have to try and score some HFB recipe, if “things” settle down a bit…or I just get lucky 😉. 🤙
    If you end up with any Batch 0, Bottle 0 labels.... shoot Senor Lechuga an email and they will send you some spice packets for free. I happened to get a 0,0 label and just got some of their spices in the mail.

afv338

anthony
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2017
    pa
    this site has cost me more money than i can remember just picked up my first 2 half faced blades a crow jr and a shpos fixed blade for you guys that have the shpos how do you like them i really wanted a krambito but i will wait and try to pick one up on the site the 2 i bought were from ebay the krambitos that i seen were going for way more than on his site. what do you have to do check it every day and get luckily.

Motomoose

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 30, 2021
    SoCal
    Anyone have a lead to that hunter skinner they dropped last year with the terotuff grey/black handle and camo m81 cerakote blade? Man, that ones my new favorite! Have a couple in line up I’d def trade or buy it.

Not on FB, maybe a fellow enthusiast can help me out!

CStroud

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 26, 2018
    Mississippi
    Anyone have a lead to that hunter skinner they dropped last year with the terotuff grey/black handle and camo m81 cerakote blade? Man, that ones my new favorite! Have a couple in line up I’d def trade or buy it.

Not on FB, maybe a fellow enthusiast can help me out!
    I’ll see if I can track it down for you.

Reactions: Motomoose

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    Yeah, VERY nice bronze, and knife of course…there was quite a few nice…real nice items last big drop. Actually saw a few I’d of probably bought….🤙🤙. Wish it was easier for others to go the straight route…hate it. 😉

1moaoff

Safe space provider? Nope!!!
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 16, 2008
    cincinnati, ohio
    You guys buying high-end toys this will make you all jelous....

Get on board

• Love

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    The Horse Soldiers. Douwe Blumberg sculpture.

Sirhr
    Great Sculpture. At this juncture a decision is being made, at age 69 (nearly), to finally get an authentic Artist made Bronze. I’ve always loved them and wished and continued to love them when eyes are on them. Not “retired” yet. I can’t afford to retire, lol. Truth told I’ll really never be able to say I can afford to retire, poor planning, all that…but I’m making’ it ok. There’s things we do and things we don’t do…and things we didn’t do and let slip. I’m tellin’ on myself here. Sooo, I’m making the decision, spurred by seeing Sirhr’s piece, to finally do it,…talked to Douwe and he’s able to “work with me” and I’ll start the process rolling. Something substantial to look forward to. My #’d piece will be reserved & locked today and ready to load when funds completed…very near future. PS: Tks Sirhr, you know the rest….🤙. Aren’t YOU the guy that started this damn expensive thread…yeah..Thanks ALOT!😏😏😏😉🤣

Last edited:

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    JFC, people are fucking insane...Link at bottom for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 7546297

😶😶😶I wish to HELL I’d thought of such a perfectly orchestrated eBay sale. I’d like to know that guy. 😂🥲😏 good to GREAT odds it’s somebody here. 😏😏😏 For alll the rather embarrassing 😡 BITCHING I’ve done here about this novel eBay streak, it should have been ME.

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Great Sculpture. At this juncture a decision is being made, at age 69 (nearly), to finally get an authentic Artist made Bronze. I’ve always loved them and wished and continued to love them when eyes are on them. Not “retired” yet. I can’t afford to retire, lol. Truth told I’ll really never be able to say I can afford to retire, poor planning, all that…but I’m making’ it ok. There’s things we do and things we don’t do…and things we didn’t do and let slip. I’m tellin’ on myself here. Sooo, I’m making the decision, spurred by seeing Sirhr’s piece, to finally do it,…talked to Douwe and he’s able to “work with me” and I’ll start the process rolling. Something substantial to look forward to. My #’d piece will be reserved & locked today and ready to load when funds completed…very near future. PS: Tks Sirhr, you know the rest….🤙. Aren’t YOU the guy that started this damn expensive thread…yeah..Thanks ALOT!😏😏😏😉🤣
    What are you ordering from him? His work is amazing!!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sculptor who captures horses as well as he does. Sirhr

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    What are you ordering from him? His work is amazing!!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sculptor who captures horses as well as he does. Sirhr
    7B31E873-9D72-44BE-A36B-E26B974124BF.jpeg
    One like you pictured, 15” or 16” not sure which it is. Really happy I’ve decided to have one. You’re a rough influence on my bank account 🥲….really it is a stretch but I can get it done and it’s going to feel dang nice anytime I see it in the room. Low and behold…OT every night this week I just got offered and hopefully again all weekend too…I HOPE, help recoup. 🤙🤙🤙. “OT every night rest of week?…I’ll be HAPPY to.”😏😉

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    Douwe knows his horses intimately, and this one takes me to many places when I see it…..It works for me at many levels…horses I love!, rider motion, rider type, modern weapon/good old horse counterpoint, my dad survived Bataan Death March so service oriented, he grew up in Pie Town, cowboying in the sticks high plains of New Mexico, log cabins there, then joined Marines. I’ve had the pleasure of some horseback cattle herding with him a bit and plain riding out in the hills alone, sooo…This is for me, with definite pieces of him in there for me. 🤙🤙🤙

Last edited:
    Reactions: Chief_Rick

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    All part of the reason I invested in one. Plus investment is the right word.

Great job!

Sirhr
    We could do this private but maybe educational for others, so I’ll press here unless you say different…just noticed TWO different call outs for this piece…AD84A1FB-E86B-4585-8627-EB806FDD8660.png1310C065-1303-4CC1-AC26-571B1434E915.png
    Half guessing I’ll need to go the smaller open edition depending on price difference, but I’ll discuss all that with Douwe and other aspects involved with the two pieces…which did you go for?? If I may inquire. 🤙

Reactions: Mr. Z

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    We could do this private but maybe educational for others, so I’ll press here unless you say different…just noticed TWO different call outs for this piece…View attachment 7565563View attachment 7565564
    Half guessing I’ll need to go the smaller open edition depending on price difference, but I’ll discuss all that with Douwe and other aspects involved with the two pieces…which did you go for?? If I may inquire. 🤙
    The larger one. I can measure when I get home. Cheers!

• Love

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    Ok…so clarity now after a talk with Douwe…the website is not updated apparently, the open edition is the only version available and it’s what I’ll be getting, fine and good. When I saw the slightly larger limited edition I knew that slight enlargement means all that much extra beauty and ability to appreciate the work, I was all “dang, that would be spectacular PLUS, I’m going to hate hearing the price, but I’ll be getting one just because of that, it’ll just take a bit more funding”. All’s well, my purse’s “asshole” can stop puckering at that thought. And nix the jokes you & I can surely come up with on that note. It’ll be number and signed. Perfect ending…except that limited would have been more AWSOME. Happy boy! 😏🤙 In my small “castle” 16” x 15” x 8” is STILL a sizable presence. 🤙 Will be #8.

Last edited:

Motomoose

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 30, 2021
    SoCal
    Did anyone notice they changed the karambito a bit? Drop from last week with the green g10/acid etched. G10 handle goes higher and wider on the blade and also partially curves lower on the ring. The red image I pulled off an auction on eBay. Possibly just a variant, and not a permanent change.

FCBEC1A1-E0D1-4BCE-8B14-08A30A279A84.png
    08485FF5-BE74-437B-A594-DC171B79283C.png

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    Did anyone notice they changed the karambito a bit? Drop from last week with the green g10/acid etched. G10 handle goes higher and wider on the blade and also partially curves lower on the ring. The red image I pulled off an auction on eBay. Possibly just a variant, and not a permanent change.

View attachment 7565853
    View attachment 7565849
    Could be custom for large hand, or just a tryout, I think I like it for positive hand “blockage” from blade. 🤙 Good observation.