• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

this site has cost me more money than i can remember just picked up my first 2 half faced blades a crow jr and a shpos fixed blade for you guys that have the shpos how do you like them i really wanted a krambito but i will wait and try to pick one up on the site the 2 i bought were from ebay the krambitos that i seen were going for way more than on his site. what do you have to do check it every day and get luckily.

Not at the drop, but this arrived Wed.
891E8320-5D4C-452A-AFFF-EFBA60D2A3EC.jpeg

Trade from a buddy deployed in Germany. Very pretty CAV!

Sirhr

I think there are pix on the site now. If you click even on sold out item, it takes you to the original picture.

Sirhr
Just saw them, thank you for the heads up! Was trying to get one of those beauties. That Cav is awesome! Great addition

Anyone have a lead to that hunter skinner they dropped last year with the terotuff grey/black handle and camo m81 cerakote blade? Man, that ones my new favorite! Have a couple in line up I’d def trade or buy it.

Not on FB, maybe a fellow enthusiast can help me out!

Anyone have a lead to that hunter skinner they dropped last year with the terotuff grey/black handle and camo m81 cerakote blade? Man, that ones my new favorite! Have a couple in line up I’d def trade or buy it.

Not on FB, maybe a fellow enthusiast can help me out!
I’ll see if I can track it down for you.

Reactions: Moosetaxi
Yeah, VERY nice bronze, and knife of course…there was quite a few nice…real nice items last big drop. Actually saw a few I’d of probably bought….🤙🤙. Wish it was easier for others to go the straight route…hate it. 😉

You guys buying high-end toys this will make you all jelous....

Get on board

• Love
Reactions: Zorrosdens
The Horse Soldiers. Douwe Blumberg sculpture.

Sirhr
Great Sculpture. At this juncture a decision is being made, at age 69 (nearly), to finally get an authentic Artist made Bronze. I’ve always loved them and wished and continued to love them when eyes are on them. Not “retired” yet. I can’t afford to retire, lol. Truth told I’ll really never be able to say I can afford to retire, poor planning, all that…but I’m making’ it ok. There’s things we do and things we don’t do…and things we didn’t do and let slip. I’m tellin’ on myself here. Sooo, I’m making the decision, spurred by seeing Sirhr’s piece, to finally do it,…talked to Douwe and he’s able to “work with me” and I’ll start the process rolling. Something substantial to look forward to. My #’d piece will be reserved & locked today and ready to load when funds completed…very near future. PS: Tks Sirhr, you know the rest….🤙. Aren’t YOU the guy that started this damn expensive thread…yeah..Thanks ALOT!😏😏😏😉🤣

Last edited:
JFC, people are fucking insane...Link at bottom for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 7546297

😶😶😶I wish to I’d thought of such a perfectly orchestrated eBay sale. I’d like to know that guy. 😂🥲😏 good to GREAT odds it’s somebody here. 😏😏😏 For alll the rather embarrassing 😡 complaining I’ve done here about this novel eBay streak, it should have been.

Last edited:
Great Sculpture. At this juncture a decision is being made, at age 69 (nearly), to finally get an authentic Artist made Bronze. I’ve always loved them and wished and continued to love them when eyes are on them. Not “retired” yet. I can’t afford to retire, lol. Truth told I’ll really never be able to say I can afford to retire, poor planning, all that…but I’m making’ it ok. There’s things we do and things we don’t do…and things we didn’t do and let slip. I’m tellin’ on myself here. Sooo, I’m making the decision, spurred by seeing Sirhr’s piece, to finally do it,…talked to Douwe and he’s able to “work with me” and I’ll start the process rolling. Something substantial to look forward to. My #’d piece will be reserved & locked today and ready to load when funds completed…very near future. PS: Tks Sirhr, you know the rest….🤙. Aren’t YOU the guy that started this damn expensive thread…yeah..Thanks ALOT!😏😏😏😉🤣
What are you ordering from him? His work is amazing!!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sculptor who captures horses as well as he does. Sirhr

What are you ordering from him? His work is amazing!!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sculptor who captures horses as well as he does. Sirhr
7B31E873-9D72-44BE-A36B-E26B974124BF.jpeg

One like you pictured, 15” or 16” not sure which it is. Really happy I’ve decided to have one. You’re a rough influence on my bank account 🥲….really it is a stretch but I can get it done and it’s going to feel dang nice anytime I see it in the room. Low and behold…OT every night this week I just got offered and hopefully again all weekend too…I HOPE, help recoup. 🤙🤙🤙. “OT every night rest of week?…I’ll be HAPPY to.”😏😉

Douwe knows horses, and this one takes me to many places when I see it…..It works for me at many levels…horses I love!, rider motion, rider type, modern weapon/good old horse counterpoint, my dad survived Bataan Death March so service oriented, he grew up in Pie Town, cowboying in the sticks high plains of New Mexico, log cabins there, then joined Marines. I’ve had the pleasure of some horseback cattle herding with him a bit and plain riding out in the hills alone, sooo…This is for me, with definite pieces of him in there for me. 🤙🤙🤙

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief_Rick
All part of the reason I invested in one. Plus investment is the right word.

Great job!

Sirhr
We could do this private but maybe educational for others, so I’ll press here unless you say different…just noticed TWO different call outs for this piece…
AD84A1FB-E86B-4585-8627-EB806FDD8660.png
1310C065-1303-4CC1-AC26-571B1434E915.png

Half guessing I’ll need to go the smaller open edition depending on price difference, but I’ll discuss all that with Douwe and other aspects involved with the two pieces…which did you go for?? If I may inquire. 🤙

Reactions: Mr. Z
We could do this private but maybe educational for others, so I’ll press here unless you say different…just noticed TWO different call outs for this piece…View attachment 7565563View attachment 7565564
Half guessing I’ll need to go the smaller open edition depending on price difference, but I’ll discuss all that with Douwe and other aspects involved with the two pieces…which did you go for?? If I may inquire. 🤙
The larger one. I can measure when I get home. Cheers!

• Love
Ok…so clarity now after a talk with Douwe…the website is not updated apparently, the 16” open edition is the only version available and it’s what I’ll be getting, fine and good. When I saw the slightly larger limited edition I knew that slight enlargement means all that much extra beauty and ability to appreciate the work, I was all “dang, that would be spectacular PLUS, I’m going to hate hearing the price, but I’ll be getting one just because of that, it’ll just take a bit more funding”. All’s well, It’ll be numbered and signed. Perfect ending…except that limited would have been more AWSOME. Happy boy! 😏🤙 In my small “castle” 16” x 15” x 8” is STILL a sizable presence. 🤙 Will be #8.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice they changed the karambito a bit? Drop from last week with the green g10/acid etched. G10 handle goes higher and wider on the blade and also partially curves lower on the ring. The red image I pulled off an auction on eBay. Possibly just a variant, and not a permanent change.

FCBEC1A1-E0D1-4BCE-8B14-08A30A279A84.png

08485FF5-BE74-437B-A594-DC171B79283C.png

Did anyone notice they changed the karambito a bit? Drop from last week with the green g10/acid etched. G10 handle goes higher and wider on the blade and also partially curves lower on the ring. The red image I pulled off an auction on eBay. Possibly just a variant, and not a permanent change.

View attachment 7565853
View attachment 7565849
Could be custom for large hand, or just a tryout, I think I like it for positive hand “blockage” from blade. 🤙 Good observation.

Anyone got one of these puppies and want to trade/sell?

On a side note, I think that was one of the fastest drops I’ve seen. Someone checked out in 5 seconds on a blade I was going for! Name of the game these days. Hope some of y’all were able to get pieces you wanted! Halfface makes some amazing blades!

05180608-4DE7-447B-985F-1C3C324422C1.png

Almost weird to remember back on how it used to be….you needed to pay attention a little to be able to get what you were wanting at some point but it was quite doable over a few drops space…but, sure NOTHING like it is now, times have changed. Like comparing semi-easy-cheesy to nearly impossible to get some. That said I guess it’s settling in that this is the current game. Again, good few there that I would have liked owning and he’s still got the artist work going strong, great to see. Good luck to everybody who’s trying to score. 🤙

so on the gram yesterday halfface addressed the issues with checkout and people scalping his knives 10 at a time. worth a read.

And I quote.
"Lots of people on the drop today. Limited amount of knives guys. Ill add a capcha for next drop. If the item gets held in a cart then 1 person grabs 5-10 knives then checks out n takes more than their share of knives to resell. I understand yours butthurt but there is not an easy solution, but working on it. SHPOS (Sub Human Piece Of Shit) folders. One time limited numbered, color combo release. Among other awesome customs being released today! 4pm pst. www.halffaceblades.com, I may do cool color combos down the line but only numbering the first runs of these. It’s gonna be a blood batch on the site so get your shit tied tight today! Have an amazing weekend! #folders #shpos #knife #blade #bladesmith #Americanmade #halffaceblades"

so on the gram yesterday halfface addressed the issues with checkout and people scalping his knives 10 at a time. worth a read.
I promise you no one is getting 10 customs at a time, productions...MAYBE. You MIGHT can grab 2 in one drop if you're lucky, but you still have to check out 1 at a time or else you won't get anything at all as far as customs go.

I promise you no one is getting 10 customs at a time, productions...MAYBE. You MIGHT can grab 2 in one drop if you're lucky, but you still have to check out 1 at a time or else you won't get anything at all as far as customs go.
read my above reply where I quoted their instagram post. copy and paste. those are their words not mine. they probably know better than any of us, unless one of us actually work for them.

read my above reply where I quoted their instagram post. copy and paste. those are their words not mine. they probably know better than any of us, unless one of us actually work for them.
I read it on instagram, and again in your post above. You clearly missed the part where I was referring to customs and not productions. Customs are the ones folks get so bent out of shape over, not productions.

I read it on instagram, and again in your post above. You clearly missed the part where I was referring to customs and not productions. Customs are the ones folks get so bent out of shape over, not productions.
you clearly missed my implied you guessing and dont know. the same shit happens when they do all custom drops with no production knives. people use the same bots on halfface knife drops as people do on ammoseek. its not a conspiracy theory even halfface has addressed battling the bots hence the adding the capcha to the checkout process. bots dont care if its a custom or a production. it can process multiple transactions at the same time instantly.

you clearly missed my implied you guessing and dont know. the same shit happens when they do all custom drops with no production knives. people use the same bots on halfface knife drops as people do on ammoseek. its not a conspiracy theory even halfface has addressed battling the bots hence the adding the capcha to the checkout process. bots dont care if its a custom or a production. it can process multiple transactions at the same time instantly.
Lol, man. There are no bots. The Facebook group alone picks up almost every knife off the drops. I bet more than 75% of the blades that drop are accounted for in that group that very same evening. So you can miss me with that bot bs. The reason Andy brings it up is because everyone keeps saying it’s happening. I’ve never once seen him say there’s any proof of it actually happening. Every time Andy does something to combat an issue folks bitch about the next issue. Really hard to please everyone these days.

Lol, man. There are no bots. The Facebook group alone picks up almost every knife off the drops. I bet more than 75% of the blades that drop are accounted for in that group that very same evening. So you can miss me with that bot bs. The reason Andy brings it up is because everyone keeps saying it’s happening. I’ve never once seen him say there’s any proof of it actually happening. Every time Andy does something to combat an issue folks bitch about the next issue. Really hard to please everyone these days.
cue some clever quote about leading a horse to water. use your google. started with sneaker bots. but has been expanded to all kinds of internet sales. its just computer programming and really not that complex. they are also used to buy concert and sports tickets. ever curious why all the good seats are sold out but than for sale on the secondary market? anyways gonna go sit over here in the corner with my tin foil hat on.

btw such a 2021 conversation. The owners wrong because facebook told you so. 🤦‍♂️
Lol. I understand what bots are and what they’re capable of. I’m not saying Andy is wrong for anything he’s trying to do. All I’m saying is I can go to the fb group on any Friday night an hour after the drop and the majority of the knives will be claimed there. It’s also where a ton of bitching about bots and the checkout process is done. I’m not claiming you’re a tinfoil hat guy at all. If you join the Facebook group you’ll see what I’m talking about. Andy is also active in the group as well btw.

Weeeelll…I have to say, there’s been some beautiful work dropped this week, very envious of those that got something and a few were truly special. I wonder if it’s going to boil down to a rarity, being able to buy from his site, I’m getting bored with seeing the eBay runs…may even tune eBay’s notifications down a couple notches. And just enjoy the drops as they go. I still miss the near recent good ol’ days.🤙

Last edited:
Not looking for anything in particular as I have a smallish satisfactory sized (for me) “collection” of Andy’s work, it’s fun seeing what’s nice and new. There will be a time when something strikes my fancy enough to bite again no doubt. 🤙