• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

Just in case anyone hasn’t been convinced by all the other incredible blades shown in this thread...
Here is another work of art
View attachment 7186934
Mmmmm....Breacher....nice....

Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure I saw the handles for this one being made when I visited the shop. You can see them in post #125, top picture (obviously), clamped to the table on the far left.

Last edited:
New pikes dropped last night! These are a bit different (was told about them when in the shop, but didn't want to spill the beans)... ;)

Well shit. Those sold out quick... LOL! Smh

Screen_Shot_2019-11-21_at_3.16.54_PM_1024x1024.png

For those that have the spikes, pnuemo v. cardiac? preference, utility, concealibility? Do you have one but prefer the other. Getting ready to pull the trigger on one and can't decide and have no way to check each out life and in technicolor.

Does HFB make a 3 edge karambit? I swore they did but it isn't on the site anymore.
Yes. Email them. The site is individual knives. They drop blades every couple of days. After selling out, the picture disappears.

So what you see is what you can put in a cart now. Essentially their entire inventory.

But they will make almost any variation in their various themes.

Sirhr

Well...just ordered my third knife from HFB, the drop point crow that was listed. I can tell I am going to end up spending a small fortune with that company. Really like the designs and the grip material is just amazing. My only complaint is they sell out of stuff too fast. Don't like spending my life on the computer and don't FB or IG. Its just crazy. Will post pics of the knife when received.

Last edited:
It’s getting kinda scary looking at his site (and I do minimum every other if not daily)...either it’s like a spell to want another or two... love what he does and he’s just putting out the nicer and nicer things in his lineup. It’s SUPER true that really if you see something that has just come out and you hesitate it can be gone that day. I’m a believer that sees the work getting more and more interesting. It’s like a little ache of sorts that looking is kinda painful they look so good, just getting better all the time. All of them are.

Well you may notice that one more is gone. You bastards have turned me onto yet another expensive addiction. :)
My first and not likely my last. Pretty cool stuff.
Were you the one that bought the wood handle full size crow. I was about to buy that today.

No, I bought the Crow Scout with Montana Elk, Onyx & Gold Web.

@sbranney

Is this the sbranney I know?

Dont you have some more charts to finish or a new turbo to put in that black behemoth?

If not, nice collection of goodies!

If so, nice to see you on here!!

I keep wanting to get one of those for gutting chores. The blade looks about right for working around inside the chest cavity. Is the top edge sharpened?

it is tapered but not sharp. They are dandy knives. I’ve been thinking of parting with this one and getting a micarta or g10 handled version

I have a question for all you HFB owners. I’m trying to decide between the Disaster Jr or Crow Jr for camp / food / light bushcraftery / fire prep toe chores. I know I won’t go wrong with either, but will one perform better?

The disaster is a more utilitarian design, that I think would be more in line with the tasks you describe.

Hey sbranney, when Bernie gets elected, we are going to have to ”redistribute “ some of those knives. It’s just not fair for one person to have that many. I’ll send you my address, and I’ll be impatiently waiting by the mail box. ?

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
Hey sbranney, when Bernie gets elected, we are going to have to ”redistribute “ some of those knives. It’s just not fair for one person to have that many. I’ll send you my address, and I’ll be impatiently waiting by the mail box. ?
That's what the Ruger is there for. For those wishing to "redistribute" my knives I can send them a little 270 grain Buffalo Bore "present" at just shy of 1500 FPS to see if they're worthy.

Oh, and you also have to have a spike too!

Attachments

• B95B74E7-CE7B-4EEA-A278-A4C2E1FAC466.jpeg
    B95B74E7-CE7B-4EEA-A278-A4C2E1FAC466.jpeg
    366.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Reactions: Zorrosdens
Huge drop today/yesterday night. Some incredible pieces on the site and they are loaded with 'stocking stuffer' spikes!

No picture yet... but I bought myself a hatchet, finally. It is an unreal piece of art! Nothing fancy. All business. If Rogers' Rangers had these, there would have been no Canuckian indians left!

Cheers,

Sirhr

@sirhrmechanic - Did they drop some Hatchets or did you find one somewhere else?

those are darn cool
Bought used from a guy on the HFB enthusiasts FB page.
4E48D4F7-C9B7-450B-9F98-F775A976C953.jpeg

Was ordered new by a friend and has a great “deployment” history. Simple, carbon fiber. Had to have it!

Hatchet drops are rare... they usually cone one at a time and sell in minutes. I’d recommend custom ordering.

cheers, Sirhr

Sirh,

Do you know if Andy moved his shop yet? He mentioned it was in the works, and it sounded like it was imminent, so was curious if you had heard anything...keep thinking I need to stop by and see what they got in the larder.

Not heard a thing... in fact, this is the first I've heard of it. Though I thought I remember reading something in his Christmas message about the success helping them get bigger place... but wasn't sure if that happened in 2019 or was a future thing.

Yes.... yes you do need to go over again!

Send pix!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: MarinePMI
Been pining for a Breacher...
He’s really been doing some BEAUTIFUL handle work and it seems to be more and more so, I check everyday or so, love that recent ❤ axe. I’m still very partial to his basic handles that are great I think, a little bland compared to the art handles, but so functional...I love them.

Last edited: