• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

I got them to make me the USAF knife using my cyber warfare badge... smile. That was a hoot... They seem to have dropped the ball on a hatchet for one of my buddies kids... so I need to call them. Kid made Major and senior navigator (probably master by now...)... so I though we'd give him something cool.

Actually, the one Resco I had I gave to the kid when he went into the AF... quite a bit ago, now that I think of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorrosdens
New second Dive Knife collaboration (both HFB & Circle “K” marks) on the blade, different handle shape, scales, blade style, thickness?? & length than original “The Dagger” collaboration. I just received that one and I like it a lot.

DD1A5248-8031-4D10-8336-0F8322467EE3.png

Last edited:
And gone, looks like they had more than one possibly...both black or grey scales it appears.

Last edited:
On the Tanto Diver~From Kinetic Site

Introducing the Tanto. The Tanto was designed with strength in mind as it is incredibly strong and can be torqued and twisted while punching through the thickest skin, flesh, or bone. The serrations along the back make this blade one deadly tool.

Last edited:
Can order all the desert ironwood offerings at will now. Now I can catch up on the ones I missed out on.

Andy, Kelsie and crew make an outstanding product! We've got a few around the castle that get put to good use. The Breacher and Viking Hawk were a custom matched set with my teams pins embedded. Those hawks make quick work of getting ribs off a moose for sure! The damascus Crow is our daughters that she designed for her 16th.
IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

IMG_2647.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6623.jpeg

Andy, Kelsie and crew make an outstanding product! We've got a few around the castle that get put to good use. The Breacher and Viking Hawk were a custom matched set with my teams pins embedded. Those hawks make quick work of getting ribs off a moose for sure! The damascus Crow is our daughters that she designed for her 16th.
View attachment 7291187
View attachment 7291192
View attachment 7291196
View attachment 7291197
View attachment 7291199
Beautiful pieces, and your daughter has good taste in design. ? Very nice job with the pics I’ll add. ??

Last edited:
1C265F5B-A12E-4FBF-B14D-DD16484FD7C1.png

Love the texture on this handle and the new change-up of a WOODEN liner on a few instead of usual G-10. He’s got some camo cerakoted blades now too. Always advancing forward with new additional materials and designing in metal and handle. Great! ?

Man, hanging out here gets pricey.
Picked up a Crow, Jr cerakote. Awesome blade.
This one:
https://www.halffaceblades.com/coll...-grip-black-alan-bolts?variant=34079009308717
Yeah...when I think about it, and I know I’m not alone and near as deep as many, what I’ve dropped (happily) it’s a rather large figure ...but I know each one I have means something to me. I wouldn’t part with one but to benefit a good friend 😎 just because they are. Hell...I must be getting deep sentimental at times, you’ll have that. 🤙 Simply...I like his work and the changes he does and they work.

1588019504555.png

Damn eBay... you put in an incredibly lowball bid knowing FOR SURE you won't win it... and look what shows up in the mail. I actually offered to let the seller void the auction and try again... I felt bad about the winning bid price! But here they are! If someone had bid $1.01 more... they would have had it, too!

Amazing kitchen set.

Scary sharp!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I saw those blades on eBay. I’m glad they found a worthy home.

Those guys have my trust. I love that they would make a reversed blade knife even though that’s not interesting to me at all.

Waiting for a custom from them is a painful privilege.
568E8991-B7F5-4601-BBCF-074B14375927.png

Really sorry I missed this one, imho one of the best looking blades I have seen in yearsView attachment 7327593
Yep, a real eye catcher...thought the same, very cool blade style, unusual mosaic pins and the brass “dot” pins? are very stylish and a thickness that states all business. He’s had some stuff pop up then “poof” gone by the time you look. I’m just waiting for something to “blow my mind” the I HAVE to have. If I can that is 😏😉.

Reactions: Remington_Steel
Get your “permission slip” signed in advance, then jump fast when you need to. Then hold up your hands and say, “you told me I could, remember”.
Thaaat’s right 😉😂. I hear ya’ Chevelle. Unfortunately my best checks and balances Partner passed close to 2yr. ago, so now it’s just my wallet, self-permission, and with HFB if I make it to the site at the right moment, lol. Until this current “craze” of a virus and lockdown seriously eases it’s gonna’ be “right time, right place”. I been a little later in the evening when I check the site. 😉. He’s hard up to keep up with demands currently I know from how his “stock” is getting close to the nib. Glad things are selling fast for him. 🤙😉

Last edited:
I saw that sexy tanto , but I rarely let myself get excited about knives that cost $500 or more. I’m just too cheap. I ordered a custom blade almost a month ago, it wasn’t that expensive! But their prices are not expensive when you consider how long they will last.

Last edited:
I saw that sexy tango, but I rarely let myself get excited about knives that cost $500 or more. I’m just too cheap. I ordered a custom blade almost a month ago, it wasn’t that expensive! But their prices are not expensive when you consider how long they will last.
Yep, mostly me too....BUT my eyes and brain DO BATTLE with that with his stuff. I got a small few, even a $550 Hawk I loved when I saw them and jumped on (low as Hawks go). I just don’t have deep full pockets unfortunately...though I did get to a new ZCO 527/3...further than I ever thought I’d go in that department when I was thinking on scopes. I know the visual value of pristine as you can get glass in my Nikon semi pro shooting days, straight f2.8 zooms if I got anything or lower if single focal lengths. ED beautiful to shoot with so.....I’m pleased I upped my roll in that dept. . I love HFB stuff. I “only” have three blades, a spike and that Hawk. Even saw another one I snatched up to send my Brother. I love each one for different reasons. There’s guys here with tons more I know. We like what we like and just sometimes we get to buy what we like. 😉🤙

• Love
So a couple of weeks ago, I was texting with a buddy in PA, and he was the first owner of my one-off carbon fiber hatchet. He lamented that he let it go in a moment of weakness and after seeing it in a recent HFB video, really missed it. One thing led to another and since I really wanted him to get his hatchet back, we swapped packages.

And while I am generally not a huge Bowie guy, this replaces my hatchet.

It is a total work of art! Utterly love this knife. So many details everywhere you look.
680475FB-2601-4DBD-A782-9A120656D97C.jpeg

And, as I am now hatchet-free, I texted with Andy and he is going to make me a special tomahawk to replace the one that went home to Rex. It will be a surprise. I gave him a basic idea and now it’s time for the artist to pursue his vision.

I hated losing that combat ‘hawk. But sometimes a blade just has to find its way home, especially to a pal!

Sirhr

Good story as it should be. That’s a beautiful large knife. I’m excited to see what Andy does for you. Excited, jealous, envious, smiling big at the whole deal. 🤙

Thanks. If you look close at the pins the square tube around the large pins is copper. It works well with the curly koa. I’ve been wanting a Widowmaker but couldn’t pass his one up, I’m a sucker for wharncliffe style blades (even if this one is slightly concave).

I’ve been looking for a chance to get one of those in the configuration I want. It’s a beautiful blade and no doubt functional.

A6C5FEDE-3CA6-4F77-B1CC-A30EB383C6FC.jpeg

Really a beautiful blade. Somebody got it. 8" overall, 3.75" blade, hollow grind and flat grind, .15" thickness, s35vn American steel, acid etched and stone washed finish, rock work. Nice!
Tac tanto with ring, Hawaiian curly koa wood split, lighting carbon fiber, FDE and black G10 liners, stainless mosaic pins.

That is truly a work of art. Definitely a remarkable gift, even for someone rich and famous.
Props to Jack for commissioning this piece

AAAAND....what a cool Father’s Day it must have been, imagine having your Son hand that to you....and smile at you, it’s the Shit, right there.... that’s a great day to remember! 😉🤙

Last edited:
WOW.
Beautiful hatchet.
Would love to have one of his blades. Of course the only one that I could afford would be a spike.
From what I have seen I may need to glue myself to my computer with how fast they sell out.
Does anybody know around how many drop at a time?

Money is whatever you can handle with your own situation. His more complex work and associated price is a reflection of time and materials pretty much. All that said, since the virus ordeal, for whatever reasons at his end, Andy has somewhat less production available....seen in a near immediate buy up when something drops. Everything is being snatched very fast as a small supply/large demand setup. Drops: Mondays there usually isn’t a drop (which usually occurs “around” 5pm “ish” California time). So usually 4 days a week. Now the most recent Osborn Hatchet and possibly special offerings get an announcement on his social media I don’t see. Good luck getting what you can manage ....save for it, it helps on down the road. 🤙

Money is whatever you can handle with your own situation. His more complex work and associated price is a reflection of time and materials pretty much. All that said, since the virus ordeal, for whatever reasons at his end, Andy has somewhat less production available....seen in a near immediate buy up when something drops. Everything is being snatched very fast as a small supply/large demand setup. Drops: Mondays there usually isn’t a drop (which usually occurs “around” 5pm “ish” California time). So usually 4 days a week. Now the most recent Osborn Hatchet and possibly special offerings get an announcement on his social media I don’t see. Good luck getting what you can manage ....save for it, it helps on down the road. 🤙
His production has also been down for a few weeks because he did a big shop makeover. Virus has not really impacted much. He got some new machines, hired two new (veteran) workers and trained them. And caught up on customs.

Corona BS has had no impact for what I understand.

Drops will increase and customs are still inbound.

Sirhr

Theyre serious about customer service. Very responsive. I don’t think anyone waits all that long. I’m going to make another order soon.