• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

It’s become like a quest game, the acquisition of a coveted “if lucky...perfect” HFB👀 😀. Oh the glory, oh the pain of it all. It’s not at ALL funny but I can’t help it, it IS a certain kind of hardship to endure. Especially now. It’s amazing. Good things will come. It will happen.

The whole "Grab what you can" then maybe trade thing is really getting annoying... it's like Hungry Hungry Hippos... and then when people get them, they just flip them like Pokeman cards.

I feel bad for Andy because, while the sales are great... it's hard to base a business on artificially-inflated 'trading' market. You can't predict what things are really worth. Have scalpers snatching things from loyal customers. And never know when the bottom will drop out. It's not good for a business owner to have this kind of thing going on. Even though it's good for ego and temporarily good for bottom line.

That said... it's all in good fun. So if the bidding wars and trading (before it's even shipped) make folks happy... well, go for it!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Just got my new edc yesterday.
IMG_20201010_133122 (2).jpg

I like it. The handle fits my hand just right.
I have not worn it yet so I can not be sure how it rides. My previous edc was a pnemonia spike which has a shorter clip that did not cover the belt completely so it did ride up some occasionally when in the truck but this clip is longer and will solve that problem. It also may be just slightly shorter than the pnemonia and may not touch the bottom of the seat when seated.

The whole "Grab what you can" then maybe trade thing is really getting annoying... it's like Hungry Hungry Hippos... and then when people get them, they just flip them like Pokeman cards.

I feel bad for Andy because, while the sales are great... it's hard to base a business on artificially-inflated 'trading' market. You can't predict what things are really worth. Have scalpers snatching things from loyal customers. And never know when the bottom will drop out. It's not good for a business owner to have this kind of thing going on. Even though it's good for ego and temporarily good for bottom line.

That said... it's all in good fun. So if the bidding wars and trading (before it's even shipped) make folks happy... well, go for it!

Cheers,

Sirhr
I get what you're saying, and I do contribute to that "problem" on occasion. Although I didn't really start participating until recently when one person in the group (not you) started whining incessantly about it. A person that I personally helped find a blade when he complained of not being able to ever score one. I've bought/sold/traded with lots of fine folks from the group, and helped numerous people get their first HFB when they can't seem to get in on a good drop (and not at a profit to myself). Kinda ticked me off when people started attacking the movers and shakers of the group. Do some people do it for profit, I'm sure they do, but others do it for the love of helping Andy grow his brand. You put one of these tools in someone's hands and they immediately feel and see the quality, and that only leads to them wanting another. I don't know anyone, unless financially constrained, that only owns one HFB.

Unfortunately, I don't see the problem you mentioned ending until demand is satisfied, and who knows when that will be. I have been fortunate enough to pick up a few very nice customs, and generally don't have an issue picking up what I want out of a drop. You wouldn't believe the barrage of offers you receive once people find out who got what from that night's drop. Its insane! People are turning down $2,000.00 offers for $900.00 shipped to their home knives. I realize that the knives may mean more to some people, especially those with a relationship with the HFB crew, but for others, it's simply hard to resist the temptation to sell. I've been guilty of selling after receiving absurd offers.

All in all, I hope that Andy's business can be sustained for many years, and I hope that I can keep contributing to that. Sorry for the rant. I wouldn't dare post this in the FB group and start another shit show thread like the last few that have been posted.

Reactions: Remington_Steel
I wouldn't dare post this in the FB group and start another shit show thread like the last few that have been posted.

Completely. The FB page has some real blade snatchers. You have seen the posts that they buy them... then mail HQ to have them ship to the person... they traded them to 5 minutes after buying them! That's bullshit! Makes Andy and Kelsie nuts.

But like I said... First World Problems!

I'll stay out of it. Once my 'Hawk comes in... I probably have a complete collection. Though this new E-blade will be interesting. But if I got one, I'd never trade it!

Sirhr

Completely. The FB page has some real blade snatchers. You have seen the posts that they buy them... then mail HQ to have them ship to the person... they traded them to 5 minutes after buying them! That's bullshit! Makes Andy and Kelsie nuts.

But like I said... First World Problems!

I'll stay out of it. Once my 'Hawk comes in... I probably have a complete collection. Though this new E-blade will be interesting. But if I got one, I'd never trade it!

Sirhr
Pretty much agree...seeing blades on sale other places is odd because the price is same as from HFB maybe more depending , I only see eBay since I like to see what’s up on only two searches I have. That said I haven’t bought off there in I don’t know how long over ...heck 10 years or more. I like new and I like straight from the guy that makes it. I like that relationship. I understand someone saving money buying 2nd hand when they can. It was odd all those “new” ones on eBay...I’ll buy from Andy and Kelsie. I just get stuff what I consider the best way, that’s from the guy that makes it, never a worry if you know what you’re buying. Plus I really like the relationship. Kelsie & Andy are great regular busy people, nearly too busy, hope that stays for them. I DO feel the handmade knife is a better quality build and feel in execution than tons of others. Try and cut this short...I just received a “so cool to me” item Thursday from the Czech Republic very fast shipping surprisingly but it’s what they charge for it too automatically so... I love the old Nixie tube numerical clocks and such. They stopped manufacturing them over ten years ago. Now just old stock Russian ones out there (the 5 is an upside down 2 in them to save manufacturing).

https://www.daliborfarny.com/

Handmade tubes, hand assembled, watch the short video and better watch the 37 min. video to truly see what it takes to hand make these beautiful tubes. I got the single tube 👇
His work to me was the holy grail of these types and been on my radar awhile just wishing...then saw he had a single, to me, affordable model. I loved the Black/Stainless Steel choice. Check the size of these per the vid. Pricey, yes, but again I like the quality and ABSOLUTELY the perseverance and drive of the guy to develope and labor of love small scale operation (not unlike Andy) on his own initiative...and they are beautiful. Okay done, for now 😉🤙

Last edited:
I’ll post a short video showing it in operation after I dust the area it’s going and put it up. Cool shit to me anyway lol.

Hi all:

This is the devil on your shoulder... You know, the one that tempts you?

Well HFB's may be sold out on their site. But their Kinetic Spearfishing collaboration knives are in stock and drop-dead gorgeous....

Oh and the angel on your other shoulder is whispering "You need this... you've been a good boy. You deserve this!"

Cheers,

Sirhr

If any of you fellas picked one of the Kinetic/HFB collabs in August and don't want it plz PM me. Would be interested in purchasing or trading for it.

Have a dive trip coming up and would be cool to have a HFB on my side.

I look forward to seeing more pictures of them when you get it.

In an unfortunate turn of events the package arrived with the wrong spike in it :(

It was just a regular black cerakote spike, not the damascus one I ordered. I emailed Kelsie I'm sure they will get it worked out, but no pics of a damascus spike coming from me for a while lol.

In an unfortunate turn of events the package arrived with the wrong spike in it :(

It was just a regular black cerakote spike, not the damascus one I ordered. I emailed Kelsie I'm sure they will get it worked out, but no pics of a damascus spike coming from me for a while lol.
Rest assured Andy and Kelsie will make it right....had a situation a bit more complex than just a simple mis-send. Won’t go into all the details but it was the best service one could receive with a company making handmade products. You’re in good hands with both of them. 😉🤙

Last edited:
I wasn't around last year at this time but given how long its been without a drop this should be one hell of a drop at the end of the month.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
2 nights back to back will be nice as well. Folks that miss something the first night will have a chance on the following night.

In case anyone is interested... Andy posted a warning about a company called Toor blades, that has completely ripped off his knives and 'hawks... and is selling them as Made in USA... even though they are made in China and imported.

He apparently gave the founders a tour of his shop a couple of years ago. Told them about what steels he uses and gave them some insight into his equipment and methods. And they repay that generosity by ripping him off 100 percent.

So watch out for anything to do with Toor Blades/Knives..... And don't buy that crap. It's 100 percent made in China and being represented as a USA brand.

BTW... Toor knife owners listen to Nickelback... Drive Prius's and think that their Luminox Watches make them Seals. Ghey!

Sirhr

It's a bummer bc I have a toor serpent that I liked alot. Oh well, will just stick with HFB going forward.

On another note, I bought a HFB off eBay the other day that came packaged with a Vorn blade. Had never heard of them but the designs on their site look cool. Waiting for it to arrive to see the build quality. Also hand made in USA.

It's a bummer bc I have a toor serpent that I liked alot. Oh well, will just stick with HFB going forward.

On another note, I bought a HFB off eBay the other day that came packaged with a Vorn blade. Had never heard of them but the designs on their site look cool. Waiting for it to arrive to see the build quality. Also hand made in USA.
I also own a toor serpent it’s a lower serial number around 500 in 3v steel great blade ,but I always felt they were trying to copy andrews design ... the new ones definitely don’t look hand made and China ish... On the other hand vorn has been here a while and I actually fell in love with HFB because they reminded me of vorn stuff... even Vorns blades names are very unique...

Reactions: Bdomar
It seems that the story on Toor is that their 1st run of folders was made in China, but the fixed blades are all made here. But with the addition of design and idea theft I still only purchase HFB with my duckets.

I snagged a black multi cam crow jr. This will be my first HFB, got in on the patriot hawk buy but this’ll be my first in hand. Been looking for a while, really wanted a senator, but haven’t been any in a while so I figured I’d snag this one while available.