• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

1606784308582.jpeg

$370 for this on ar15.com equipment exchange.

I picked it up late last night. It's going to a HFB friend who is going to gift it to a LE buddy of his.
I’m happy someone picked it up. I was really tempted, but had purchased a crow jr., SHPOS, and tomahawk, all last week. If it had been there today, I was going to be forced to pick it up. Guy who was selling it is solid, too. I had bought a couple optics from him in the past, and figured posting it here would help out. Nice scoop!

I had that crow jr up, went to research, found this thread, went back, gone. That's what I get.

Know what you like and want...feel it and get it, if you can. More will come. I can only imagine what it must feel a bit like to do your best to produce all you can, you can only do what you can do, and still people get some frustrated like mentioned earlier. At the end of the day he knows he’s doing his best and making what is available a quality piece, even the basics, so he knows the nature of the game at the end of his day. I hope some that take it hard, change onto determination to keep at it, if they do, I know it can happen. Two edge sword, producing good stuff... it does feel crazy they just go SO fast. 🤙. If he was able to have more product, he would.

Reactions: Remington_Steel
Y’all wouldn’t want them so bad if they were ALWAYS available. Scarcity breeds demand.

That is not true of myself. I’ve been a huge fan only for a year. In that time I’ve bought 4 knives. I carry his knives because they are perfect. Beautiful and functional. Next year I’m really wanting a set of swords on top of the other custom pieces I will pay well to get in my hands. I will pay Americans well for their hard work, with pleasure.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
I figure this may be one of the better spots for this, but not sure really... does anyone thats a HFB enthusiast have any other custom blade makers that they would highly recommend? Ive been trying like hell to get my hands on a few HFB blades, and just cant time the drops. Im also not a huge fan of the way the HFB Enthusiast page works, so Im not wanting to get raked over the coals by a reseller....

Im trying to get a custom hawk (or blade if hawk isnt an option) as a special display/commemorative piece. Anyone have any recommendations? Id like someone who can do some engraving and special handles, and Im in love with the HFB hawks, but its just not feasible right now. HFB has the books closed until June-ish, and Id rather not wait 7mo to have the project started. Any ideas out there?

That’s beautiful Hog. Post it on eBay I bet it will go hard. I saw one go for over $600 in the last few days.
Yes but that isn’t the point .. I’m offering this up here for those who can’t get in on a drop or don’t wanna get ripped off on resale... and give me a chance to donate some money to help... I’ll put it up on eBay if no one wants it in a day or 2

I have been torn between a Crow Jr and a Disaster Jr.

My kid (she is 8) agrees that Sirhr should sell us that new Hawk he just got. I love that acid steel and the cross, wood scales. Better than most of shooter65s posts for arousal.

and for planning, what age should I get her a collector style knife like a HFB? I was thinking 12. I dont want to have one I keep hidden away, but one she can have in a shadow box in her room like the wall display my old work buddy has.
Getting her a small belt knife for her 9th birthday to carry camping, backpacking, and hunting.

My kid (she is 8) agrees that Sirhr should sell us that new Hawk he just got. I love that acid steel and the cross, wood scales. Better than most of shooter65s posts for arousal.

and for planning, what age should I get her a collector style knife like a HFB? I was thinking 12. I dont want to have one I keep hidden away, but one she can have in a shadow box in her room like the wall display my old work buddy has.
Getting her a small belt knife for her 9th birthday to carry camping, backpacking, and hunting.
I really am in love still with the Gulo-Gulos...I just like them. My 3 cents worth. 😉 Make sure the crusher end is full treated with scales for her if done.

I’m less “connected” through the various other sites HFB uses, but I’d wager a good drop today is coming...I just feel it. Hope I’m not to occupied to be there. Would love to see something I can’t pass up, lol, IF the Timing Gods smile upon that occurrence. 🤙

I got my first knife at 5 or 6 red Swiss army and first buck fixed at 9 also it depends on the kid.. my daughters turning 4 in 4 moths and already 3 point checks my guns with me before cleaning... mag check , bolt check , barrel check clear ... it’s the cutest thing ...

If it’s a display piece, something to inspire...why not give it to her now?

I want her to truly appreciate it. While she is an amazing kid, I dont think she will really get it until a little older.

She has her first Swiss Army knife and uses mine if she needs a better one for bigger jobs.
Its fun being a dad and teaching daughters important stuff.

I picked up a production Crow Jr tonight. They must have a bunch of them, as they are still up. Missed out on a Damascus DJ and CJ, would have bought either of them, but never even had a shot at getting them. Just not quick enough. Came back to add, I got the same one as ItalianMf9, and they are sold out now. Still a couple other Crow Jrs left, as well as some spikes.

Last edited:
Reactions: ItalianMf9
That was a beautiful Hawk today. The kitchen knives are nice. I was so busy tonite just saw the posts, ahhh oh well, next time maybe something will time right. Congrats to those that snagged one...or more. 🤙

I thought you had so many that you weren’t allowed to buy any more.....
Actually only a select few. I buy to keep... except some spikes I gifted.

now waiting on group hawk. Nothing else I see is priming my cartridge... so enjoying the drops as a spectator and cheerleader!

Sirhr

When I saw the notice for a drop on the 16th that came out on the 6th I didn't see the one so I kept checking the site for a drop to see what all there was.

Actually only a select few. I buy to keep... except some spikes I gifted.

now waiting on group hawk. Nothing else I see is priming my cartridge... so enjoying the drops as a spectator and cheerleader!

Sirhr
Can I see another photo of the group Patriot hawk?