• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

Happened to me already. Go ahead, buy some other stuff... Half Face won’t leave your thoughts though. You will still want. Try eBay, more and more stuff is there. Prices are mostly acceptable.
someone actually just sold one of the half face folders over in the exchange this morning for a small 150 dollar markup.

Reactions: Remington_Steel
Could use some advice regarding my first HFB
Forgive my ignorance in such matters but I’m new to the blade world and thought I’d start off right
Just picked up a crow jr in kydex, but I’d like to go with a leather sheath

Long story short I inherited a few items when my dad’s father passed away 10+ years ago, one being a blade he received from a friend who hand made it and gave it to him after rotating home post Korean War as a thank you for dragging his shot up behind back to safety and a watch he purchased sometime in Vietnam when he was a pilot

I’ve worn the 4” fixed made from an old railroad spike for years on my belt drop leg in the 4 o’clock position, was wondering where or who could I get a sheath from to fit this crow jr and have it sit where I’m use to
I saw hfb sells a sheath but it rides a bit high for my edc taste although I will prob snag one anyway as I like to wear scout style when I am in the bush and hunt

Off topic a bit
Also just want to say fuck you very much to all the guys posting pics of their sick blades and resco timepieces, like I need another addiction to feed, muscle cars, drag cars, jeeps, harleys, accuracy internationals, hi powers, and wilson 45s aren’t enough, gotta throw in one more lmao
I just wore grandpas handed down pepsi gmt for the first time in many years this Christmas, it was a show stopper but I felt like I had to helicopter mom the thing full time so it didn’t get touched, hate that feeling, I hear my old man saying “this is why we can’t have nice things Jonathan”
So maybe I’ll have to look into getting a combat timepiece also, something I can use and not worry...as much, one fucking look on resco’s site and the girl already got her eye zero’d in on a sea pearl so I’m fucked either way, any suggestions on what resco will wear hard and feel inconspicuous on the wrist
Welcome aboard. Your spot on about the watches. Separating my wants and needs has always been a challenge.

R/
CBDR

I’ve been trying to land a cardiac/pneumo spike for awhile now, ant bet the bots and not paying 2x price on fleabay

Still a couple of Crow Jr's available from tonight's drop if anybody is looking.

Hello everyone, new to the forum but a big HFB fan. Scored on tonight’s drop.
7C072E0D-466A-47F9-91F0-68289964B27B.jpeg

Pretty much gave up even looking until I can order a custom. I hope them the best and hope they decide to raise prices to meet the market rate. It would be nice to see HFB get paid instead of the asshats buying just to resell knives.

Pretty much gave up even looking until I can order a custom. I hope them the best and hope they decide to raise prices to meet the market rate. It would be nice to see HFB get paid instead of the asshats buying just to resell knives.
Instead of raising prices to stabilize demand, they could increase production, keep quality constant, or improved, and keep prices stable. This is the path I would like to see. With more blades available, the secondary market will stabilize as well, theoretically anyway.

That's a tough one. I imagine they are running WFO as it is. A custom shop can only produce so much. If you mechanized the process your lose the individuality that makes them unique.

Instead of raising prices to stabilize demand, they could increase production, keep quality constant, or improved, and keep prices stable. This is the path I would like to see.
Or they could put in antibot/script steps.. it’s not that hard to do and would solve a lot of problems. Their blades are nice, but they aren’t nice enough for what’s going on. Plenty of other custom makers and nice knives. Glad I got in on the custom hawk or I’d have written them off. Hype to a certain degree is good, but at some point it’s detrimental.

Or they could put in antibot/script steps.. it’s not that hard to do and would solve a lot of problems. Their blades are nice, but they aren’t nice enough for what’s going on. Plenty of other custom makers and nice knives. Glad I got in on the custom hawk or I’d have written them off. Hype to a certain degree is good, but at some point it’s detrimental.
Yes. If what has been suggested is true, that the HFB web ordering portal gets hit by bots every Friday at 4 PST, then the playing field should be leveled, IMO. Anti-bot scripts. Good. Or, just do the drops at random times?

Last edited:
I inquired last week about having a blade commissioned with ram’s horn supplied by me, I’m tired and frustrated of missing them on drops, they are not accepting any new builds until June at the earliest.

I just want a Cardiac Spike, can’t seem to land one.

Unbelievable how fast they go. Just saw that drop, seems like in less than 15 that I know of and all gone quite a few I would of considered too. But all good. 🤙

Reactions: Moosetaxi
Hey y’all,

New to the forum but not new to halfface blades. Been a fan for a while but have very limited pieces cause I only buy grail pieces.

I am looking for two knives.

1# The black widow maker- black blade or acid etched blade w/ black micarta handle or black g10 handle.

2# The black hunter skinner- black blade or acid etched blade w/ black micarta handle or black g10 handle

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorrosdens
Random drop happened last night. Andy updated the Shopify website to help prevent BOTS. The site will still operate under the premise that the fastest person through checkout wins, but this should help with any BOT activity (which I really don't think was happening all that much anyways).

I finally scored a Disaster Breacher, Gulu gulo, and have a Ryu Combat pending via second hand sale.

Last edited:
I know everyone is all worked up over what great knives these are and they are certainly good looking. I even own a couple of them. My buddy used his Crow Jr. to dress out one deer and somehow the blade rolled or something and now it won't cut for shit. I don't know about you, but this does not seem like a working knife to me. Tried to sharpen for him on my Wicked edge sharpener and having a hell of a time. Anyone know the factory bevel on these? He was a huge fan of these knives till this happened and know he just told me to keep it and practice my sharpening skills on it. He is hugely dissapointed in this knife.

I know everyone is all worked up over what great knives these are and they are certainly good looking. I even own a couple of them. My buddy used his Crow Jr. to dress out one deer and somehow the blade rolled or something and now it won't cut for shit. I don't know about you, but this does not seem like a working knife to me. Tried to sharpen for him on my Wicked edge sharpener and having a hell of a time. Anyone know the factory bevel on these? He was a huge fan of these knives till this happened and know he just told me to keep it and practice my sharpening skills on it. He is hugely dissapointed in this knife.
Don't worry about the angle so much as the type of sharpening stone. Assuming this knife is S35VN like most of the current output, you will need a diamond or CBN stone. SiC, aluminum oxide, or natural stones won't sharpen a "super steel" like S35VN.

Reactions: VaderRubiconJK
Send it back to the factory for them to check out. This should not happen. But things 'slip through' on handmade knives. And Andy would want to know about it. Seriously. If something is not right, he will make it right!

Sirhr

Send it back to the factory for them to check out. This should not happen. But things 'slip through' on handmade knives. And Andy would want to know about it. Seriously. If something is not right, he will make it right!

Sirhr

Yea, That sounds like a heat treat issue if the steel is rolling. Definitely reach out to Andy. Their customer service is pretty stellar. I've NEVER had a company see multiple orders in their system, and actually credit me back shipping charges like HFB does. I've had companies combine packages into one box, but then kept the money. Bito and his team are class acts.

JFC, people are fucking insane...Link at bottom for your viewing pleasure.

4A0BF7E9-44A2-417A-8680-7F14ACE80F0A.jpeg

I inquired last week about having a blade commissioned with ram’s horn supplied by me, I’m tired and frustrated of missing them on drops, they are not accepting any new builds until June at the earliest.

So books open in June, but then how long is the wait once they start accepting custom orders? Another 6mo or so? Looks like the options at this point are either get gouged in the secondary market, or wait a year plus for a custom piece. It is what it is, I suppose.

In other news, Im actively searching for a HFB Fairbairn Sykes Dagger... if anyone has any pictures/leads, please let me know!

I'm a little bit less of an enthusiast now.
Bought a folder a few weeks ago.
Received it and immediately noted that it wouldn't stay locked opened.
Contacted them and they had me send me the piece back. They provided a prepaid label via email, as they should.

Ten days after they received it back I had heard or seen nothing from them, so I emailed them last night.
They replied today with an apology and a tracking number for the replacement. Said it was lost in the shuffle.

Two observations on my part:

1. They're growing perhaps faster than they should, and while I can see a mass production manufacturer letting a bad one get by QC checks, it really should not happen with a custom shop and a nearly $400 folder.

2. Another sign of growing pains is the lack of properly handing the return and replacement without having to be reminded of it.

Hopefully they'll get these issues worked out, but I am not as eager to rush into one of their quick sales as I was.

If anyone is looking for a first knife there is a drop tonight with a lot of production blades. Still a whole lot of crow juniors up for grabs.
One hour after the 4 pm PST drop and there are four no five different cool Disaster Jr.s still available! I'm still watching the site for some items on my shopping list, which is classified.

I'm not really interested in camo cerakote on blades. Seems like maybe a popular sentiment seeing as how it's always these that are left un-purchased. Always wondered why more acid-etched aren't produced
crazy today theres still some available. wonder if this is a product of them trying to remove the bots from purchasing. Ill say yesterdays drop was weird. My browser wouldnt show all knives available. sometimes when I refreshed the page there was 4 blades sometimes 10. Was definitely weird.
Was hoping for an acid etched disaster breacher with their ironwood. but all I could see last night was a couple carbon fiber customs and a bunch of camo blades. oh well bought ammo instead.

crazy today theres still some available. wonder if this is a product of them trying to remove the bots from purchasing. Ill say yesterdays drop was weird. My browser wouldnt show all knives available. sometimes when I refreshed the page there was 4 blades sometimes 10. Was definitely weird.
Was hoping for an acid etched disaster breacher with their ironwood. but all I could see last night was a couple carbon fiber customs and a bunch of camo blades. oh well bought ammo instead.
They started by dropping about 400 blades, four styles. When there was just one 'style' left (about 50 of them), they dropped about 6 more styles of production blades. I think there between 500 and 800 blades dropped last night. All nice simple production knives.

They also added a Captcha generator to checkout. So while some claim there are no 'bots' there certainly have been sniperware and Shopify bots used to grab piles of blades at once. As soon as the captcha generator was added... lots of issues went away.

Next Friday, there will be a big 'customs' drop. Andy announced that last night. This was a production blade drop to help a lot of people get a first knife... get stuff out there and have a drop that lasts (well, so far, a day!)

As for the cerokote blades. I have one in tiger stripe and love it. I use it and could care if it was scratched up. It's a great working knife. And I have a 'tiger stripe' fetish. But lots don't. So they stay unsold a bit longer.

Acid etch fall under custom. And those I am sure are coming. Next Friday will see whether the captcha generator is working or not.

I'm just glad to see so many folks finally got first-time blades and could join the tribe, so to speak!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I got some of the hot sauce. From half face its 30 bucks a bottle after shipping. its worth it. thats all im gonna say.
You can subscribe. It's cheap! Three bottles a quarter. I got the hard-to-find truffle sauce by trading it for a bottle of local BBQ sauce brew. A great time was had by all.

The hotsauce is good. Very goood!

Sirhr

1612621955692.png

They started by dropping about 400 blades, four styles. When there was just one 'style' left (about 50 of them), they dropped about 6 more styles of production blades. I think there between 500 and 800 blades dropped last night. All nice simple production knives.

They also added a Captcha generator to checkout. So while some claim there are no 'bots' there certainly have been sniperware and Shopify bots used to grab piles of blades at once. As soon as the captcha generator was added... lots of issues went away.

Next Friday, there will be a big 'customs' drop. Andy announced that last night. This was a production blade drop to help a lot of people get a first knife... get stuff out there and have a drop that lasts (well, so far, a day!)

As for the cerokote blades. I have one in tiger stripe and love it. I use it and could care if it was scratched up. It's a great working knife. And I have a 'tiger stripe' fetish. But lots don't. So they stay unsold a bit longer.

Acid etch fall under custom. And those I am sure are coming. Next Friday will see whether the captcha generator is working or not.

I'm just glad to see so many folks finally got first-time blades and could join the tribe, so to speak!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Oh im not butthurt by anymeans. just noticed it was strange how the blades came and went. Was different how past drops went. thanks for the explanation. does leave you in a place where you sit there and refresh a million times until blades sell to see if hes going to put up a particular blade youre looking for.
Ive done well. Ive got 3 blades the last month. 2 I keep on me at all times. a production crow scout and a shpos folder. both amazing blades. Just lookin for the disaster breacher to satisfy the collection for the time being.
Im glad hes worked out some of those issues with distributing the drops. They make amazing knives and hated to see people talking so much shit about them 100 percent due to other peoples greed. Buying in bulk to flip at ridiculous prices. Hopefully now his knives can get spread around a little more at the price he intended.

Rodger That…went to the site at work but missed that “item” since we were busy somewhat…got it. And bought a combo set for my son, too, much appreciated. 🤙🤙 Will have to try and score some HFB recipe, if “things” settle down a bit…or I just get lucky 😉. 🤙

Rodger That…went to the site at work but missed that “item” since we were busy somewhat…got it. And bought a combo set for my son, too, much appreciated. 🤙🤙 Will have to try and score some HFB recipe, if “things” settle down a bit…or I just get lucky 😉. 🤙
If you end up with any Batch 0, Bottle 0 labels.... shoot Senor Lechuga an email and they will send you some spice packets for free. I happened to get a 0,0 label and just got some of their spices in the mail.