• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Hand Forged Swedish Axe Order Thread

Can't wait until it gets to my place on the list......that looks great. I'm post #36 OREGUN we're in there somewhere down the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: OREGUN
@hangunnr - that thing is awesome!!!

A perfect axe for serious work.

I dont really have a use for something that size, but kinda want one..... 😁
May have to keep my eyes peeled

Reactions: hangunnr
It’s a full 4-1/4#, never had one this heavy. If you have the horsepower to swing it it should plow through wood with ease.
The eyelet hole is going to preclude the use of a standard handle. I’m thinking I’m going to end up having to use something the size of a pick axe handle and doing a lot of stock removal to make it useable.
Eyelet hole is in the neighborhood of 1-1/8x2-9/16, quite a bit wider than a standard size.
If the pic handle doesn’t work then a full custom may be in order.

Are any of these green or camo ones available?

Attachments

• E6BEEE5A-6760-472F-94AA-27A40DC6672F.jpeg
    E6BEEE5A-6760-472F-94AA-27A40DC6672F.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 74
  • FE0A68AA-CEB6-42DE-987B-46F74B3AC5EA.jpeg
    FE0A68AA-CEB6-42DE-987B-46F74B3AC5EA.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 73
Sauntered out to the mailbox today and found this strange shaped object....
What pray tell could it be? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

uBsnkB.jpg

Wow...😳

r18NTD.jpg

Holy smokes this thing is big. I’m gonna have to get in better shape to use this monster.

Thanks Dan!!

I can only imagine what the postal carriers thought while moving this through the system.
Are there any more like this one available?

I'm old. I'm so old that the stuff I bought when I was young is now old. The only thing that is better than something new that is really good is something old that is really good (sometimes superior). I'm not going to PM you but you're the first person I've hit the follow button on so I can be in on the next one, if it happens, for my son-in-law and grandson.

Thanks for doing this.

Reactions: MK20
Just got back from the PO with my Christmas present. Its exactly what I had in mind. If I laid out and looked at 50 of them, this would be the one I would have chosen. It won't see heavy use just campfire wood and telling the story of it's acquisition. Thanks for your considerable effort as this was no small task. If sometime in the future you order again, I'll be in. Thank you Sir.

What are we up to one picture of these fantastic Nordic steels.....

Mine is in route.

Lets see what you got.

Reactions: hangunnr
Got mine yesterday. Will give it to my son as a Christmas gift.

I'll post pictures after he gets a handle in it.

USPS has mine god knows where. Probably the same place they have my sunglasses and where they had my grayguns trigger kits for a few weeks.

USPS has mine god knows where. Probably the same place they have my sunglasses and where they had my grayguns trigger kits for a few weeks.

USPS has been tough lately.

Ive done a few PX deals and due to slowness and screwball actions on part of USPS I felt like I was fucking people that had dealt with me...

They must be taking a breather after helping to fix the election.

USPS has been tough lately.

Ive done a few PX deals and due to slowness and screwball actions on part of USPS I felt like I was fucking people that had dealt with me...

They must be taking a breather after helping to fix the election.
My grayguns kits were in USPS possession on November 30 and were finally delivered December 19. At this point I wish they were as efficient with delivering my Christmas presents as they were with delivering fraudulent votes.

I'm way late to this but if there is room on the list for future shipments, please add me. I'm looking for a smaller axe or hatchet head rather than a full size axe head if there are any in the lot you are acquiring.

USPS has sucked as of late.

If you are not Amazon you get third class service.

Mine has been sitting in Seattle since the 14th, enjoying the holidays. I am sure it will soon be tired and ready to come to my house. Cannot wait!
still appreciate @MK20 for putting this together!

Comparing my estwing that chops like crap to the new one. Middle of electrical tape is balance point. Hults bruk is 3lbs 11oz and 27.5" long. Estwing is 3lbs 3oz and 26".
20201225_173924.jpg

20201225_175111.jpg

Hults should chop much better.

Glad to see that a bunch of you have gotten the axes. Sorry to those of you who have your axes stuck in Seattle. If I had known I would have done UPS but it probably wouldn’t have been much better.

I am currently moving/remodeling and have spent the last few weeks moving gun safes and lathes and stuff like that. I am also doing National Guard medical processing crap as well as getting ready to head back on the road for work in a few weeks. Sorry if my responses have been a little slow but I am slammed right now.

I have a few more axes left and am working my way down the list as I have time to ship them out. I am not going to be able to ship out one to anywhere near the amount of people who want them. Sorry.

HOWEVER,

I will stay in touch with my contact in Sweden and when he gets another batch in I am going to do another order because apparently you guys like axes as much as rifles. Must be the quality steel and wood I guess. It will probably take a little while as he gets these at surplus equipment auctions when they are available. I will do a separate thread for that order but I will link it here for those of you who were interested. Based on the interest I have received here I will make sure to order as many as he has. 😊

Merry Christmas.

After looking it over I decided to not change it's look but keep it in the condition it was when the soldier threw it in the pile after the war. I brushed the head to make the stamp more noticeable and tightened up the handle. Thanks again @MK20

Attachments

• KB.jpeg
    KB.jpeg
    492.1 KB · Views: 78
After looking it over I decided to not change it's look but keep it in the condition it was when the soldier threw it in the pile after the war. I brushed the head to make the stamp more noticeable and tightened up the handle. Thanks again @MK20

I requested one from the same pile.

Orignally I was intened the full makeover but than decided olive drab was the new chartreuse and went for the "issue" look.

Through no fault of @MK20 mine is likely on a USPS world tour but will likely arrive in the not to distant future for me to fondle.

Went out to hang the colors today. Generally they fly 24/7 but took them in for a storm on Christmas Day....

P1010159.JPG

Walking back into the garage.....Ah, Whats this?.....

P1010160.JPG

P1010161.JPG

Cant see any forging marks on the steel, lots of paint build up may be hiding it. It looks like it was freshly handled before surplussing....

P1010172.JPG

@MK20 put a mean edge on it....

P1010173.JPG

Hit the leather with some Pecards

P1010174.JPG

I went right over the olive drab stain with some linseed oil......

P1010175.JPG

Comparing my estwing that chops like crap to the new one. Middle of electrical tape is balance point. Hults bruk is 3lbs 11oz and 27.5" long. Estwing is 3lbs 3oz and 26".
View attachment 7511655

I‘ve got the same Estwing and it’s been a good tool. I prefer it for breaking down tops and general chopping on smalls. It also has been great for dicing up boned out deer carcasses. Just picked up their 16” version so the 26” won’t be lonely any longer.