• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

I've got a 19-4 myself. While I just made a comment about my preference for smaller grips on these, my obsession over facrory smooth targets won out.

20210505_202500.jpg

20210505_202446.jpg

I've got a 19-4 myself. While I just made a comment about my preference for smaller grips on these, my obsession over facrory smooth targets won out.

View attachment 7646137
View attachment 7646138
So, I have an issue along these lines. With 357 it is no big deal because it isn't much recoil, but with 44 mag I tend toward bigger grips for recoil management, but I end up with grips that are too big and make it so I end up putting pressure on the side of the frame with my trigger finger, killing accuracy. My solution has been to go to a 10mm 1911 instead, but I hate the idea of not being able to shoot a 44 well.

So, I have an issue along these lines. With 357 it is no big deal because it isn't much recoil, but with 44 mag I tend toward bigger grips for recoil management, but I end up with grips that are too big and make it so I end up putting pressure on the side of the frame with my trigger finger, killing accuracy. My solution has been to go to a 10mm 1911 instead, but I hate the idea of not being able to shoot a 44 well.
shoot a .454 casull for 15 minutes.
.44 will feel like .357 and .357 will feel like .38

Picked this up last week. Guncrafter Industries Hellcat X2 Commander. It’s a double stack 1911 with aluminum frame and grip. The fit and finish are very nice. The slide is smooth and the trigger breaks crisply. I like the heavy duty “Battle Crown” barrel bushing. My wife and I both shot it this past weekend. We shot around 150 rounds each through it working from holsters. After I installed the optional supplied 11 lb recoil spring we were both getting return to zero on quick double taps. I think I lost it as my wife claimed it as hers.

View attachment 7632728
Man! That is dead sexy!!! I need a Gun Crafters and a Wilson Combat to round out the Arkie trifecta! :LOL:

Reactions: azbiker

I actually really, really like large grips on most of my stuff. Having the pad of my trigger finger naturally rest on the trigger (and not have to contort my finger to make it fit) takes out one more mental check before I fire.

And wider grips are great at absorbing recoil as you mentioned. I don't know why all of the current factory offering grips trend towards soy boy slim-ness. Altamont getting the contracts for S&W and Colt grips is a shame.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
Don't know how I missed this. For some reason I find the service size grips on 4" K-frames just feel better. Nice 19-4!

A Hide find dumpster diving many pages buried in the PX. Very happy I grabbed it. Awesome field gun.

I actually really, really like large grips on most of my stuff. Having the pad of my trigger finger naturally rest on the trigger (and not have to contort my finger to make it fit) takes out one more mental check before I fire.

And wider grips are great at absorbing recoil as you mentioned. I don't know why all of the current factory offering grips trend towards soy boy slim-ness. Altamont getting the contracts for S&W and Colt grips is a shame.
Messing around a bit, what I don't like is how the hogue grip shoves my strong hand lower on the grip than I would like. In contrast, I have some nice Spegel grips on a model 27, and they are big, but they don't interfere with a high grip. Going to have to find a better grip for the redhawk.

If you are talking about Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves you can remove them and put in the freezer over night and then try to sand them down to fit your paw. Go easy with power tools due to the obvious friction heat.

I forgot, I do actually have a more modern "target" pistol. It has great lockup, and is very easy to shoot well. I will never crap on this pistol's ability to put rounds where you want them. But damn if it doesn't have a plastic trigger, still has 1/32" creep in the trigger, and is full of obvious MIM parts for $1,400.

20210628_112234.jpg

I forgot, I do actually have a more modern "target" pistol. It has great lockup, and is very easy to shoot well. I will never crap on this pistol's ability to put rounds where you want them. But damn if it doesn't have a plastic trigger, still has 1/32" creep in the trigger, and is full of obvious MIM parts for $1,400.

View attachment 7657253

Hmmmm? Id think these more your taste when you want to put rounds where you want them.....

aWpt2r4l.jpg

Amazing they are the spawn of this.......

h1MqoJEl.jpg

First day on the forum so here’s the first firearm I ever shot. One day in the summer of 1973 my dad took me out to an old shale pile (which constituted a shooting range back then) and we shot his old S&W K-22. He purchased it new in 1958, and with his passing this year it’s now officially “all mine”
57710CE1-C7D0-478F-A324-03993FC21D48.jpeg

Owning a 2007 Colt SAA, and a 2000 S&W Schofield, I'm one of those losers that usually just takes them out of the safe to look at them.

Fortunately I also have these O'Douls versions that I can shoot BP in, and generally give a rip less if I put a turn line on one.

Ironically the Uberti Schofield is closer to the original than the Smith remake.

20210628_112759.jpg

Just picked up a barely shot full house custom Combat Commander from the year I was born. Bought it from the smith who did it, as he was selling off a couple of guns from a client who was ill. He's going to change two small things for me, putting on a medium length trigger shoe and a ring hammer, and then I will have it here to post. Very excited.

Two of my favorites. A custom Ruger Blackhawk in 45LC that i put together a few years ago and a Springfield Loaded model that I have had for years but kept tinkering with.
IMG_20150223_183122.jpg
20210326_170124.jpg

Reactions: Longshot231
Always wanted one of these. Never got lucky and ran across any of them for sale. Now in the shithole state I live in they are 'assault weapons' can't buy them now. :(

Well maybe that shorter one is under 50 oz's and still legal....

A pair of .44 AutoMags:

dA9jpbk.jpg

The upper is a new production, the lower is from 1971.

WF4nEHa.png

Reactions: Longshot231
Just picked up a barely shot full house custom Combat Commander from the year I was born. Bought it from the smith who did it, as he was selling off a couple of guns from a client who was ill. He's going to change two small things for me, putting on a medium length trigger shoe and a ring hammer, and then I will have it here to post. Very excited.

My birth year Commander.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Didn't realize it at thè time but it's a palindrome.....

image.jpg

Thank you! It's indeed my dream pistol! And it's such a sweet shooter as well!

Glock 17 Gen 5 DK with a Holosun 507C X2 and a Streamlight TLR-7A.

The extended threaded barrel is duw to Danish gun laws, stating pistols must have a minimum length of 21cm/8.5".
Had the slide machined to fit a Holosun 507C and posts milled to act as extended tubes for the fastening screws. Works like a charm, very solid.

Attachments

• snipers 01.jpg
    snipers 01.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0007_edited.jpg
    DSC_0007_edited.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0016_edited.jpg
    DSC_0016_edited.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited: