• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

Had these out to clean and measure sights for some replacements….maybe.

B05DF8C8-0174-424D-925C-0ECC8C9E60CE.jpeg
9E89E2E8-69CA-40BA-998C-32FFABB57656.jpeg

Finally finished the Tristar. Modified a CZ85C trigger and installed a CGW hammer and sear. Full spring kit and internal polish. DA is just under 6lbs and the SA breaks like glass right at 2lbs. Its a shame that Canik stopped making their steel frame guns. These were very well made and tune up super nice.
20230420_195330-01.jpeg

Finally finished the Tristar. Modified a CZ85C trigger and installed a CGW hammer and sear. Full spring kit and internal polish. DA is just under 6lbs and the SA breaks like glass right at 2lbs. Its a shame that Canik stopped making their steel frame guns. These were very well made and tune up super nice.
View attachment 8124733
How do you like the SA-35?

How do you like the SA-35?
I have the Girsan MCP35. I was going to get the Springfield but none were available so I bought the Girsan instead. It is very well made and shoots great. The trigger was crisp enough out of the box but heavy (8lbs). I took out the mag disconnect and did some sear/hammer work on the stock parts along with some spring tweaks and it is a very usable and just under 5lbs now. Its a great gun and shoots cast and plated well. Even with the Dawson sights and Hogue grips I have less than $600 invested.

Shane

Reactions: Longshot231
MBX makes springs and follower for P320s now, you may try one set to see if it'll then feed those rounds.
My Bul Armory won't feed my 147 flat nose rounds on manual slide drop with the stock nor mec gar mags, feeds everything perfectly with the MBX.

May work... may not, but seems like it may be worth a try if running them is important to you.

MBX makes springs and follower for P320s now, you may try one set to see if it'll then feed those rounds.
My Bul Armory won't feed my 147 flat nose rounds on manual slide drop with the stock nor mec gar mags, feeds everything perfectly with the MBX.

May work... may not, but seems like it may be worth a try if running them is important to you.
Not 100% sure, but think it's recoil spring related rather than mag. It's got sturdy one in there and I think the 158g subs just lack the power to cycle the slide with the can on. Regular 124s and 147s seem fine though.

Reactions: jr81452
Not 100% sure, but think it's recoil spring related rather than mag. It's got sturdy one in there and I think the 158g subs just lack the power to cycle the slide with the can on. Regular 124s and 147s seem fine though.

I run DPMs recoil system in my P320s, both are compensated, kit comes with a short, med, long spring so you can try and see what combo works best.

I emailed them about the service life of the outer spring and they said they've never had anyone run it out of function, several people with over 50,000 rounds on them. So at worst it would seem you have a recoil system that'll require less maintenance, but hopefully one of the springs cures your ills, if that is the issue.
Good luck.

My custom Colt Detective Special with badger grips, S&W model 586 in stock form - nit has Bianchi mono grips, smooth hammer, x/s 24/7 night sight. I also have a Detonics Combat Master I will post that some might find interesting.

Attachments

• 2E19A1F6-2830-4706-9E63-6902736BE0AF.png
    2E19A1F6-2830-4706-9E63-6902736BE0AF.png
    3 MB · Views: 66
  • 74BE09EA-DD06-4375-A4D8-A086FB461BF9.png
    74BE09EA-DD06-4375-A4D8-A086FB461BF9.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 74
  • 3874396A-81A7-4FAC-B47A-A5ED5E319222.png
    3874396A-81A7-4FAC-B47A-A5ED5E319222.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
1911 I had worked over by John Williams of U.S.Optics fame.

DDC Firearms, Mabank, TXView attachment 8131521
I was an idiot and sold my 1991A1.

I bought it just after leaving USMC.

I have plenty o’ 1911 still but it was the perfect bed for a USCG .22 conversion I have.

I’d not miss the 1991A1 if I can come across a Parkerized govt frame. I’m sure there are tons out there just haven’t yet taken to looking.

Some fun here, had an IWB Holster made to work with my hunting gun (tired of uninformed LE on F&G Regs vs Penal Code).

2B5A5186-505A-46F7-8F13-52B4A7B0E957.jpeg
7F71E263-65F0-454D-B6BD-3D61E3D888B4.jpeg
B0AD219D-C3B0-4E3B-9DED-146E65074A5A.jpeg

Yes, that is a S&W 629-5 5” 44 Mag. A very well traveled handgun. Also a lot of fun to pull out of the case for my bi-annual qualification. 😁 Especially when I’m sharing a position with a mouse gun carrier.

Now I’m looking at getting a chest holster because of the new field pack limiting access to an IWB.

Heresy! It can't be finished until it has a threaded barrel and a suppressor! :p

I almost bought one of those Kraken frames last summer when I was putting one of these together, but they were out of stock and I was able to locate a factory frame so I went with that instead. Crazy how expensive those frames are though. (And I include the stock frames in that too, like $400+ for a stock factory frame without any upgrades, and they don't even have a serial number to justify the price.) How do you like that TK frame?

At the time, Volquartsen was selling take-off uppers just like yours for $40 each or $75 for three, so I picked up three of them. I mounted them in my bench vise for accuracy testing, one was definitely more accurate than the other two so that's the one I threaded and have been using. I'm a little bummed it doesn't shoot nearly as well as my old Mk1 target model, but it's still pretty decent. How is the accuracy with yours?

I did pick up some of the extended base pads from Tandemkross for my mags, those are well worth the cost, along with the upgraded mag buttons (I forget if those were Volquartsen or TK?) and the red 11 round mag followers.

I plan on purchasing an integral upper for it in the future.
I do like it.
I have not gotten out to shoot it yet as my truck is down.
After I get my truck fixed I plan on getting the Tandemkross extended base pads and mag buttons for it.
Both Tandemkross and Volquartsen sell the mag buttons. but I like the look of the TK better.

I plan on purchasing an integral upper for it in the future.
I do like it.
I have not gotten out to shoot it yet as my truck is down.
After I get my truck fixed I plan on getting the Tandemkross extended base pads and mag buttons for it.
Both Tandemkross and Volquartsen sell the mag buttons. but I like the look of the TK better.
I put an extended mag release on my Talon IV as I was competing with it but after losing my magazine after sitting in my truck a couple of times I put the original back on. Maybe your waist line is a tad slimmer than mine lol.

Reactions: Yondering
I am left handed so I had to remove the extended mag release that it came with and put the stock mag release button on it as my trigger finger would hit the oversized mag release button.

Reactions: Yondering
I don't care for extended mag releases on anything I carry, either. I've always found them counter-productive, as the last thing I want to do is pull a gun (of any type) and discover after one shot that the magazine has fallen out. For a decade or so we had a pretty good local training group here made up of a number of different martial arts instructors as well as gun guys, and we'd often "pressure test" concepts, techniques, gear, etc. It was pretty common to see magazines flying across the floor during those, if anyone had an extended mag release.

Anyway, since we're showing Ruger .22 pistols here, I'll contribute. This is the setup I mentioned above, with this upper being the one I picked out of three that shot the best. I shortened it to 4.5" and threaded it, and it's got my prototype forward optic mount (which does allow co-witness with the stock irons as shown) as well as my old Gemtech Outback II. Great little suppressor BTW, very light and very quiet. The frame is more plain-vanilla on the outside than that Kraken above, but it has all the Volquartsen internal upgrades for the trigger, bolt, etc, so it's a pretty decent trigger and a good shooter. Points really easily too with that forward mounted optic; most of my centerfire pistols have an RMR or similar optic on them in the common position at the rear, but having it mounted forward of the wrist that much makes a notable difference.

pFfLwWvl.jpg

Here's what I'm using for a mag setup. TK extended bases and red 11 rd follower, with Volquartsen mag buttons. You can't see it, but these mag buttons have a wider internal ring that makes them slide up and down the mag way smoother than the stock buttons. Well worth the money IMO.

wlkiwHMl.jpg

I don't care for extended mag releases on anything I carry, either. I've always found them counter-productive, as the last thing I want to do is pull a gun (of any type) and discover after one shot that the magazine has fallen out. For a decade or so we had a pretty good local training group here made up of a number of different martial arts instructors as well as gun guys, and we'd often "pressure test" concepts, techniques, gear, etc. It was pretty common to see magazines flying across the floor during those, if anyone had an extended mag release.

Anyway, since we're showing Ruger .22 pistols here, I'll contribute. This is the setup I mentioned above, with this upper being the one I picked out of three that shot the best. I shortened it to 4.5" and threaded it, and it's got my prototype forward optic mount (which does allow co-witness with the stock irons as shown) as well as my old Gemtech Outback II. Great little suppressor BTW, very light and very quiet. The frame is more plain-vanilla on the outside than that Kraken above, but it has all the Volquartsen internal upgrades for the trigger, bolt, etc, so it's a pretty decent trigger and a good shooter. Points really easily too with that forward mounted optic; most of my centerfire pistols have an RMR or similar optic on them in the common position at the rear, but having it mounted forward of the wrist that much makes a notable difference.

pFfLwWvl.jpg

Here's what I'm using for a mag setup. TK extended bases and red 11 rd follower, with Volquartsen mag buttons. You can't see it, but these mag buttons have a wider internal ring that makes them slide up and down the mag way smoother than the stock buttons. Well worth the money IMO.

wlkiwHMl.jpg
+1 on extended magazine releases! I tried them and finally removed them.

If the pistol was laid on the side with the release, the magazine would pop out. If I handed to pistol to someone else, not familiar with it, there was a sure bet that they would drop the magazine.

They are not worth the hassle.

+1 on extended magazine releases! I tried them and finally removed them.

If the pistol was laid on the side with the release, the magazine would pop out. If I handed to pistol to someone else, not familiar with it, there was a sure bet that they would drop the magazine.

They are not worth the hassle.
My discovery as well

Anybody else seen these exclusive 3” Ruger MK IV 22/45 SSH (shorty) suppressor host pistols from @Silencer Shop ? They just released them yesterday. I ordered mine around noon. They’ve been teasing for months, so I had to buy one when they finally dropped.

Arfcom has a bunch of guys that have converted some MK’s over the last few years into shorty suppressor hosts.
Good to see Ruger paying attention.

Reactions: FuhQ
Beauti
Finally got around to putting the first ever round thru this November '77 27-2 6" Full Target Model
Couldn't me any more happy with the ole gal either! Those Smith's from '70's really knew what they were doing. She was dead nutz on!
View attachment 8121454View attachment 8121462
Anothet gorgeous piece! Yeah I won’t buy one with that ugly lock on it. My 586 was built in 1980 and never fired until I bought it and sent it to the custom shop. You enjoy that. She is keeper for sure

Reactions: paulL01
Built the wife a custom SP01 by wickedarms with some other goodies

•CZ SP-01 SA/ DA 9mm

•Banshee Slide Cut

•Precision Milled for Holosun

•Slide Refinished in Graphite Black

•CGW Pro Trigger Package

•CGW Race Hammer

•CGW 10X Barrel Bushing

•CGW Old Style Trigger

•CGW Extended Firing Pin

•CGW Reach Reduction Kit

-CZ customs stainless barrel hand fit

20230505_183341.jpg
20230505_183354.jpg
20230505_183505.jpg

20230506_110045.jpg

Last edited:
Arfcom has a bunch of guys that have converted some MK’s over the last few years into shorty suppressor hosts.
Good to see Ruger paying attention.

I've generally stuck to about 4" as the ideal suppressor host barrel length for Buckmark and Ruger MK* series pistols, since that's short enough to keep just about all of the economy bulk pack stuff subsonic, without giving up too much. It'd be interesting to hear a comparison between that 3" setup and a 4"-4.5", whether there's any real difference.

On the other hand, I do have a couple extra Mk4 uppers on hand, and can see where that stubby setup in the Arfcom link would be kind of fun. Hmmm, maybe a new project...

Anybody else seen these exclusive 3” Ruger MK IV 22/45 SSH (shorty) suppressor host pistols from @Silencer Shop ? They just released them yesterday. I ordered mine around noon. They’ve been teasing for months, so I had to buy one when they finally dropped.

Mine came in today, so I went to the range and picked it up. Had to test it out, so I took the Mask HD with me, and put 100 CCI SV’s through it, and it ran perfect. No sights, and was hitting challenge tree gongs at 10 yards about 5/10 times. Not a great ratio, but considering this thing doesn’t even have iron sights on it, not bad for instinctual shooting.

IMG_8168.jpeg
IMG_8165.jpeg
IMG_8166.jpeg

Nope. Runs an Octane 45 and this new Fly 9 as is. But, this isn't the Staccato barrel. It's a Jarvis drop in. I have a P. I like it better than the C2. But honestly I like my much older STI Eagle better than both of these. I think the Gen 1 grip is more comfortable. Trigger on the older gun is nicer too.

Interesting that yours runs with the Fly 9, as my C2 w/ a threaded factory barrel is quite unhappy with that can - recoil is extremely harsh and it won't properly cycle about half the time. Haven't had a chance to try a heavier recoil spring since they were out of stock on the C2-specific unit for a while.

Weird. I would say maybe it's the platform, but harsh recoil? That's definitely weird.

Yep - I assumed they would go together like chocolate and peanut butter. Pretty sure that the recoil spring is a bit too light to deal with the overfunctioning owing to the can back pressure. Looks like the heavier spring is now back in stock with Staccato, so I'll put in an order.

Yep - I assumed they would go together like chocolate and peanut butter. Pretty sure that the recoil spring is a bit too light to deal with the overfunctioning owing to the can back pressure. Looks like the heavier spring is now back in stock with Staccato, so I'll put in an order.

You might contact TBAC about maybe making a stiffer booster spring too, since that's where your harsher recoil is coming from. Most boosters kick the slide back a little harder than when the gun is unsuppressed, but an under-sprung booster can make it harsh, as you described.

I dealt with that in one of mine by making a little spacer (basically a thick washer) to put more tension on the booster spring. It did help.

Reactions: E. Bryant
I know these are hated on a little bit but I had to see for myself. Springfield Prodigy 4.25”.

I field stripped and cleaned and oiled it right out of the box. I then cycled the slide by hand for approximately 1000 cycles. A LOT of cerakote made its way out of the gun during that. I cleaned and re-oiled several times during this as well.

Took it out this morning and ran 100 flawless rounds of PMC bronze 115gr through it. Hopefully it continues to be reliable as I fire it more. I also have a Bul Armory SAS II TAC 4.25” on the way to compare.

IMG_0965.jpeg

I know these are hated on a little bit but I had to see for myself. Springfield Prodigy 4.25”.

I field stripped and cleaned and oiled it right out of the box. I then cycled the slide by hand for approximately 1000 cycles. A LOT of cerakote made its way out of the gun during that. I cleaned and re-oiled several times during this as well.

Took it out this morning and ran 100 flawless rounds of PMC bronze 115gr through it. Hopefully it continues to be reliable as I fire it more. I also have a Bul Armory SAS II TAC 4.25” on the way to compare.

View attachment 8141314
Hopefully yours runs well. I keep coming back to the Prodigy as my next Optics ready 9mm purchase despite the current lack of love for them. Shot a 5" version a few weeks ago one of the guys picked up and it seemed like a lot of value for the money.

Hopefully yours runs well. I keep coming back to the Prodigy as my next Optics ready 9mm purchase despite the current lack of love for them. Shot a 5" version a few weeks ago one of the guys picked up and it seemed like a lot of value for the money.

I will be consistently running rounds through it until something goes wrong. The slide feels buttery smooth now except when cycling it slowly I can feel a bit of drag on the disco. I just ordered a case of 124gr so that’ll be next.

A lot of YouTubers are saying swap springs and do this and do that, but I think I’d just send it in to Springfield if I have a problem. That seems way easier to me. Lifetime warranty and an American company. I won’t be losing sleep about this one. I’m not ready to CC it though, just because of the mixed reviews.

Reactions: ShaKr524
You might contact TBAC about maybe making a stiffer booster spring too, since that's where your harsher recoil is coming from. Most boosters kick the slide back a little harder than when the gun is unsuppressed, but an under-sprung booster can make it harsh, as you described.

I dealt with that in one of mine by making a little spacer (basically a thick washer) to put more tension on the booster spring. It did help.

I think you're on the right path with this line of thinking. I've been hesitant to blame the booster spring simply because the Fly 9 works so dang well on my FN 509C (which itself is a pretty good suppressor host, especially by striker-action standards). But yeah, a stiffer booster spring would also be a good experiment.

As a related side note, a couple of mouths ago I received a Rugged Alaskan 360Ti into inventory. We installed the booster cage accessory and booster assembly from my Obsidian9, and screwed it onto the aforementioned 509C. It demonstrated severe overfunctioning, albeit with 100% reliability. (The 509 apparently tolerates a slide velocity which approaches that of the bullet's muzzle velocity). Haven't gone back to play with a stiffer spring since it's really not the intended purpose of that can..

I'm going to pick up a 5" once they become more available through distribution channels. It'd be great if it worked out of the box, but I also wouldn't mind turning it into a mild project with new springs and FCG.

Reactions: ShaKr524
I'm going to pick up a 5" once they become more available through distribution channels. It'd be great if it worked out of the box, but I also wouldn't mind turning it into a mild project with new springs and FCG.
I tend to turn everything I touch into a project LOL. I think that's why the Prodigy intrigues me. Overall a very nice platform that will provide a bit of tinkeritus relief. I have enough ultra reliable carry guns so it would get to be a total range toy for me.

This Bul Armory SAS II TAC 4.25” came in today. It’s just as nice as my other Bul Commander length 1911. Very smooth action right out of the box. Smoother than the Prodigy for sure. Still not unhappy with the Prodigy yet, I just don’t think I need to do anything after cleaning and oiling this Bul. Looking forward to a trip to the range.

IMG_0990.jpeg
RenderedImage.jpeg
IMG_0992.jpeg
IMG_0993.jpeg
IMG_0994.jpeg