• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

VOguQh.jpg

VOgE3D.jpg
VOrxlL.jpg

How do the DWs compare to the others? 🤠

Nice collection. (y)

Thanks.

I've had very good experiences with Dan Wessons......my only problem with them is they tend to multiply. (y)

They've each arrived very well fitted and flawless finishes in both brushed stainless or matte stainless....or the "Duty" finish.

Triggers in each of mine have been excellent. Clean breaking and light....zero grit.

Safeties swipe on / off cleanly with resistance...all controls are well fitted.

Internals are all tool steel.

Last couple years they could be found and sometimes at good prices.......this last year, however,.....the folks at DW seem to have gone radio silent...or at least really scaled back. Dang shame....in a time of record gun sales they are playing possum. Must suck to be a gun manufacturer in a repressed blue state.....which begs the question...why did they start there and why have they stayed there ??

Hopefully they will get on solid ground and get back in the game. The were the best value in the 1911 world...in my opinion.

Thanks.

I've had very good experiences with Dan Wessons......my only problem with them is they tend to multiply. (y)

They've each arrived very well fitted and flawless finishes in both brushed stainless or matte stainless....or the "Duty" finish.

Triggers in each of mine have been excellent. Clean breaking and light....zero grit.

Safeties swipe on / off cleanly with resistance...all controls are well fitted.

Internals are all tool steel.

Last couple years they could be found and sometimes at good prices.......this last year, however,.....the folks at DW seem to have gone radio silent...or at least really scaled back. Dang shame....in a time of record gun sales they are playing possum. Must suck to be a gun manufacturer in a repressed blue state.....which begs the question...why did they start there and why have they stayed there ??

Hopefully they will get on solid ground and get back in the game. The were the best value in the 1911 world...in my opinion.

I have two as I just sold one to another member here. I was mostly interested in your opinion on how they stand up to the others in your collection. I lucked upon an Ed Brown in NIB condition at a steep discount. I bought it and quickly sold it as it was nearly identical to my DWs and wasn't, to me, worth the extra price of admission. I wasn't disappointed in the EB, just not enamored either.

I have a VBob in Duty, an ECO, and recently sold a Guardian. All pre fire. All .45 ACP. 🤠

Thanks for the reply.

I have two as I just sold one to another member here. I was mostly interested in your opinion on how they stand up to the others in your collection. I lucked upon an Ed Brown in NIB condition at a steep discount. I bought it and quickly sold it as it was nearly identical to my DWs and wasn't, to me, worth the extra price of admission. I wasn't disappointed in the EB, just not enamored either.

I have a VBob in Duty, an ECO, and recently sold a Guardian. All pre fire. All .45 ACP. 🤠

Thanks for the reply.

Cool. Sounds like we have similar opinions of them.

I've never owned an EB. I missed the boat on the V-Bob's as I waited too long to buy one.

They have come back now....but pricey...whew.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

Thanks for the reply.
funny- I had the exact same experience- I put a couple of mags through my Executive Elite, then flogged it off to someone who'd like it more.
It was competant and well made, but so similar to my Valor that it was redundant.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
My three favorites. CZ P09 (Benchmade Nimravus for extra points), CZ Shadow 2 with Coolhand G10 grips and a Springfield Armory Range Officer I just picked up for next to nothing.

Attachments

• P09.jpg
    P09.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Shadow2.jpg
    Shadow2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 78
  • SA RO.jpg
    SA RO.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 80
Nice. CGW does a great job with CZs. My S2 has an optics cut from them.

How would you compare the DA and SA of the P09 (with CGW parts) with the S2?

I’m pretty impressed with the factory P09s I’ve felt. They ain’t bad for a factory polymer gun at that price, interested to see how one with CGW parts compares to an S2.

Nice. CGW does a great job with CZs. My S2 has an optics cut from them.

How would you compare the DA and SA of the P09 (with CGW parts) with the S2?

I’m pretty impressed with the factory P09s I’ve felt. They ain’t bad for a factory polymer gun at that price, interested to see how one with CGW parts compares to an S2.
The CGW parts made a huge difference in the trigger stroke. DA was shortened about a third and SA about the same. Reset was cut by about half as well. I don’t think it compares to the S2 but it’s much better than stock.

Reactions: PBWalsh
I'd definitely recommend a CZ 75. For me, CZs are some of the best feeling handguns made and they point very naturally. They're available at a good price point, right around $400-600 or all the way into the $3000 range depending on which model you get (for example, I paid a hair over $600 for the SP-01 and a hair over $1100 for the Shadow 2, both brand new). You can take your pick from DA/SA with a safety, DA/SA with a decocker, or SAO, whereas the BHP is SAO and that's all you can get. Not to mention CZs some of the best looking DA/SA guns made. I might catch some flak for this, but in my mind, the BHP is like the 1911. They're guns that are cult classics, and while they are still excellent guns, there are newer and better options. Whether you choose a CZ, BHP, or 1911, you've picked a good gun.

But the best thing I can recommend picking a few guns out, handling them in a store and dry firing them, then going out and getting some quality trigger time with each of your options. From there, make the decision based off what you prefer from actually shooting each one, not the opinion of someone on the internet.

I look forward to seeing what you choose!
have owned a couple czs myself i would agree for a can host the p07 p09 duty with suppressor sights cant be beat and the value in price is a plus. the browning hp i think wont meet current needs like the cz or the duty would.

Love CZ's, exceptional value before the current madness and, other than Steyr, my favorite poly guns .
Hi Power is still my go to carry though, it's the slimmest, most comfortable 15 round 9mm I own, accurate as tits, 100% reliable and one of the more handsome guns out there.
Sadly, seems the days of picking up a $450 surplus, adding $200 of fire control parts and having a well sorted pistol are far behind us...

IMG_0832.jpg

My newest (and sexiest) handguns. Owned a West German P220 a couple years ago and wasn't impressed, but I had always heard about how nice CZs are to shoot. I can't disagree one bit.

39067863782_b1c55137cf_b.jpg

39098526211_48ff47faf0_b.jpg
You must be an IPSC shooter with that Shadow 2!

I just rebuilt my old Springfield .45 1911 this winter and decided to polish instead of paint. I plan to use this as a home defense pistol so I added a novak rail for a light, kensight night sights, then fitted it with all Wilson combat bullet proof parts, magwell, beaver tail, hammer, sear, disconnector and all the rest of the internals. She running better then new now and looking good doing it!

Attachments

• F15ADC54-9429-4A17-8174-A92CA103EF90.jpeg
    F15ADC54-9429-4A17-8174-A92CA103EF90.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 56731366-EB37-4050-97CB-31190D47E793.jpeg
    56731366-EB37-4050-97CB-31190D47E793.jpeg
    647.8 KB · Views: 72
20210401_224133.jpg
20210401_223840.jpg
20210401_224022.jpg
9mm lw kimber. All wc bulletproof internals, trigger set to 3.5lb with hardly any travel to reset, ed brown carry mag release, and nhc fitted 1 piece magwell. Steel work was hand radius lower slide edge, ball end cut on slide nose, fit 2 wilson extractors and serrated 40lpi slide rear, and ran 3 thin ball end cuts down flat top. Parked slide and vz grips.

20210401_220102.jpg
20210401_220031.jpg
20210401_220009.jpg
20210401_223309.jpg
10mm I built for a friend. Little bit of ed brown, little bit of wilson. Metal work was basic, slight dehorn, fit 2 extractors and serrate rear of slide, rd butt and blend magwell, and new sights. Park on carbon and bead blast on ss. Nailed the serrations on this one.

Trying some Culinas on an older Python. The original grips are 99+% as is the revolver, but they are a little mismatched.

The new grips are about 1/4" longer, a bit skinnier, and have a bit of a palm swell reminiscent of older S&W coke bottles.

Forgive the cell phone pics with residual oil.

20210429_184548.jpg

20210429_184610.jpg

Korth JW 1.JPEG
My Korth Mongoose revolver recently got some new grips. These Turkish Walnut grips debuted on the Korth Ranger, which is a variation of the Mongoose with a 4” barrel and picatinny rails top and bottom. It is available exclusively from Nighthawk Custom. The Ranger is a collaboration with legendary Sheriff Jim Wilson, who was Sheriff of Crockett County, TX from 1988 - 1996. Sheriff Wilson is also an acclaimed Cowboy/Western entertainer. His first album titled “Border Bravo” won the “Best Traditional Album” from the Western Music Association in 2003. In addition to his many accomplishments as a Sheriff and Country Western Star, he a respected journalist known for his numerous magazine articles and columns in a variety of publications. Sheriff Wilson is currently writing the monthly column “Straight Talk” in NRA’s “Shooting Illustrated.” Truly, a bonafide legend!

The Nighthawk Custom Korth Mongoose .357Mag / 9mm revolver features an innovative release that allows for a quick and simple switch out of the cylinder giving you a choice between .357Mag/.38Spl or 9mm. The 9mm cylinder features Korth’s patented ejector that eliminates the need for moonclips when shooting 9mm. These industry leading features combined with exquisite German engineering and a silky smooth double action trigger make this revolver an exceptionally versatile and capable tool.

Attachments

• Korth JW 2.JPEG
    Korth JW 2.JPEG
    953.2 KB · Views: 44
As I head out the door to pick up my NIB Colt Diamondback in 22LR from the FFL, I figured I'd share another Colt wheelgun of mine.

1994 King Cobra enhanced with repro combat grips. I have the original grips too, but I can't stand rubber grips on collectable handguns...my problem.

20210506_072842.jpg

20210506_072830.jpg

This is one of the very few Colt Custom Shop pistols made with all forged parts. I don't know if a commander length pistol with a rail was the best idea, as Colt only made 100 of these and they didn't sell very well. However it did allow me to find two of these still in stock at very reasonable prices two years ago.

This one is for me, and the other one will go towards room and board (one of many) when the girls go to college.

I am much more impressed with the effort put into these than I am the M45A1 CQBPs I own.

20210505_204258.jpg

20210505_204240.jpg

20210505_203945.jpg

I've a Gold Cup National Match myself, a factory BSTS from 1990. Grips are sambar stag.

I took photos after I changed to a new insurance policy the other day...figured I'd share something other than memes in the Bear Pit.

20210505_204525.jpg

20210505_204502.jpg

20210505_204420.jpg

I would love to find me a P7 or P7M13 :)

Should have gotten one when they were selling new in gun stores back in the day.