• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone tried the new StraightJacket Barrel sys

Crazy Dog ll

Sergeant
Minuteman
An article in the RifleShooter September/October 2010 magazine carry this article. Very interesting,developed by Alan Adolphsen,the concept in a nut shell is to get away from barrel heat and maintance accuracy. By installing an outer shell barrel and pour a patented mix of bat wings and voodoo between the barrel and outer jacket.It does looks promising,as this technowings can be applied to both old and new rifles. Written by David M. Fortier for Tactical Technology

Re: Has anyone tried the new StraightJacket Barrel sys

Great... Now the price of bat wings will go through the roof....

This guy's shop isn't too far from where I live, and I've seen his rifles in action at my local gun club. In fact, videos from his website are taken from the same range (it seems to me that such an innovator would have his own R&D facility).

Doorkicker started a thread on this several months back, and the consensus was was that the modification wasn't value added. Bottom line: the heat has to go somewhere (1st Law of Thermodynamics), and his main selling point is that the barrel stays cool for follow-up shots. How this is useful to a hunter (his targeted demographic), who typically only shoots one shot, is beyond my understanding.

My personal takeaway? Nothing is stiffer than solid steel, so if that's what you're after; just re-barrel to a thicker barrel or taper. Putting a "jacket" around the barrel that has a insulating medium in between is a waste of money.

If you decode to pick one up, let me know how it shoots. I've been wrong before.

Great reveiw! I think you're right. Train of thought...car and motor bikes guys use the insulated tape wrap around their exhaust pipes to kept the heat in...therefore incraseing or at least maintaining the exhaust velocity gases. So one would think the "wrap" kept the heat in. Thanks,good point of veiw.

Fortier is a retard, he needs a real job, writing lies about PR on Barfcom did it in for him, go away Dave, give your guns Maser, and FOAD from me