• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

has anyone tried the Target Vision target cams

Nope. I checked their website, and some things are unclear. It looks like this is a new offering.

The 1 mile range claim sounds good, and being able to use a tablet is cool. But I have a few questions...
1) What radio technology are they using?
2) Do you need a tripod for the camera/transmitter?
3) How good is the picture quality?

you don't need a tripod the camera has its own stand. the camera connects up with your phone or tablet. you can view it on multiple devices

Didn't play with that one, but did try a similar one from Bullseye at a match. Seemed like a cool idea and worked well. It was just a little to spendy.

I was searching around the net and found your questions. Thanks for taking interest in our product. Yes we do get a mile, and tablet or phone...correct.
1) Your phone or tablet actually connects to the carrying case via WiFi, then the case communicates to the camera downrange.
2)No you do not use a tripod. The camera unit actually sits on the ground 10-15 feet from the target.
3)Picture quality, 1280 x 960 resolution.

We are in the process of updating our website, please check out our Facebook page, we have a video that explains everything.
Again thanks for the interest, and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

does anybody know what FPV equipment is? (F)rom (P)ilot (V)iew. Guys put these setups on RC planes and fly with a pair of goggles on but the vid can be transmitted to a screen instead and I'm pretty sure FPV setups are considerably cheaper than $1200.....just sayin...

does anybody know what FPV equipment is? (F)rom (P)ilot (V)iew. Guys put these setups on RC planes and fly with a pair of goggles on but the vid can be transmitted to a screen instead and I'm pretty sure FPV setups are considerably cheaper than $1200.....just sayin...

Holy Crap, that's genius. From my little go ogling that I just did, it seems like for <$500 you can have a system capable for dozens of mules of range! That's way more powerful and much cheaper than the target systems currently out.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Get on rcgroups.com...its a forum just like this but for rc planes....theres an FPV forum

Holy Crap, that's genius. From my little go ogling that I just did, it seems like for <$500 you can have a system capable for dozens of mules of range! That's way more powerful and much cheaper than the target systems currently out.

Anyone have any experience with these?

We use some FPV components to build our systems. They are very powerful and capable of miles of range.

readymaderc.com
its in Lewis Center, Ohio. I just sent them an email about a components list......will report back

I had somebody tell me that you needed a Ham radio lisense to run FPV stuff but I asked a guy I know that has a Ham lisense and he said he's never heard of that. If I get more info I'll post back

Would love to hear back from anyone that's tried or looked into the FPV route.