• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hatcher's Book of the Garand - Warning Order

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
I hope I don't get booted for posting this in the Vintage Sniper Rifle Forum but it seems to me that this is where it should go.

Used this book has been going for $100-300 depending on condition.

BUT: It's being re-printed. It will be released April 16th. Amazon is taking pre-orders. $24.99 for the Hard cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Garand-Julian-S-Hatcher/dp/1934044253/ref=lh_ni_t

If you know General Hatcher this is a no brainer. If you don't you need to check it out, a must have for Garand owners.

If you are serious about guns and ballistics you already have Hatcher's Notebook.

I have (with the addition of this order) all but one of his books.

Machine Guns 1917
Hatchers' Notebook
Textbook of Pistols and Revolver
Firearms Investigation, Indentification and Evidence (this was my main
text from my LE CSI days

I think the only one I don't have is his Pistols and Revolvers and Their Use, 1935.

Re: Hatcher's Book of the Garand - Warning Order

I have a hardbound copy of Hatcher's Notebook printed in 1996 for the NRA Firearms Classics Library collection. Some of you guys probably do too. It was sort of a book-of-the-month club. All books were hardbound with pigskin covers, gold edges, silk endpages. Definately coffee-table quality books for around $35 each.

Lots of classic titles such as:
The Kentucky Rifle
The Gun and its Development
A History of the Colt Revolver
Rifles

And lots more. NRA did the same thing a few years later with the writings of Teddy Roosevelt. I figure they are probably worth more than $35 now. And all good reads.

Re: Hatcher's Book of the Garand - Warning Order

Good birddoggin'! Just paid for mine, looks like delivery might be in June. No hurry, just as long as it shows up.