• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HB957 (Made In Texas Suppressors) just passed in the TX Senate on 2nd reading

ATF agents itching to bust down some doors

1621634684278.png

ATF agents itching to bust down some doors

View attachment 7630638

HB2622 should pass, as well, making it a class A misdemeanor for TX law enforcement officers to enforce federal gun laws, or assist federal agents in the enforcement of federal gun laws that aren't also Texas law.

So, ATF wants in, they're gonna have to do it all themselves.

HB2622 should pass, as well, making it a class A misdemeanor for TX law enforcement officers to enforce federal gun laws, or assist federal agents in the enforcement of federal gun laws that aren't also Texas law.

So, ATF wants in, they're gonna have to do it all themselves.

Unless they make it illegal for FEDS to operate at all in arrest of non NFA suppressor ownership, I don't see how this will work. People will get kidnapped at 3am by feds, but can't call local authorities for help.

Is it likely to get signed?

Didn't somebody in another state get nailed by feds for exactly this?

I've always wondered what would happen in a situation like this, or a situation where it was both legal for citizens in a state to do something that the fedgov didn't agree with as well as have it illegal to enforce/arrest anyone for doing said legal thing.

As a citizen of that state, what would my thought process be, in a state where it is legal to do/own something and illegal to enforce anything in regards to that law on me, if the feds showed up and tried to arrest me?

Would the local cops literally be the cavalry in chasing the feds the fuck out? Is it by default then 'ok' to shoot at the feds trying to arrest me, as what they are doing is illegal and are then technically trying to kidnap me and take me out of the state not much different than a foreign entity would do?

This is quite the rabbit hole. I love it.

I've always wondered what would happen in a situation like this, or a situation where it was both legal for citizens in a state to do something that the fedgov didn't agree with as well as have it illegal to enforce/arrest anyone for doing said legal thing.

As a citizen of that state, what would my thought process be, in a state where it is legal to do/own something and illegal to enforce anything in regards to that law on me, if the feds showed up and tried to arrest me?

Would the local cops literally be the cavalry in chasing the feds the fuck out? Is it by default then 'ok' to shoot at the feds trying to arrest me, as what they are doing is illegal and are then technically trying to kidnap me and take me out of the state not much different than a foreign entity would do?

Yes.

Is it likely to get signed?

Didn't somebody in another state get nailed by feds for exactly this?
It's very likely to get signed. The bill's author seems to think the fed will not enforce much like they ignore states where weed is legal.

Also, I was mistaken. That was the second reading. One more and it's off to the Governor.

One more and it's off to the Governor, I believe. This bill makes it legal in Texas to manufacture, transport, sell, buy, and possess a suppressor in the State of Texas so long as all the components were made in Texas.
Has there been any update on the Constitutional Carry bill.

How many solvent traps will be bought and made into suppressors?

I'm going to bet that it goes down much like Weed does except that the ATF will come knocking for anyone making a commercial business of it in a big way or really sticking their head up with a whole bunch of YouTube videos.

The average folks that just build them and use them will probably never have any issue.

HB1927 "Constitutional Carry" passed out of special House/Senate Committee and should now pass both House and Senate votes early next week and be sent to Governor to be signed into law effective Sept 1. Great News!!!
Great news. Last I heard it was in committee. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: nikonNUT

iu

Best I would hope for hoss would be local cops just standing by and watching when Feds kick your doors in, wishing they could assist.

Last edited:
I'm going to bet that it goes down much like Weed does except that the ATF will come knocking for anyone making a commercial business of it in a big way or really sticking their head up with a whole bunch of YouTube videos.

The average folks that just build them and use them will probably never have any issue.
One interesting aspect is that I think the language in the bill gives the AG authority to represent people in that case. I'm not 100% on that but a Democrat Senator against the bill was suggesting that Ken Paxton was gonna be his personal lawyer, and it's a slippery slope for that reason 🤣

Reactions: lash
I’ll spend the $200 for another stamp.
it’s just not worth the risk. On the other hand, getting a federal conviction on this in Texas is likely to become more difficult.

Wish i hadnt just paid for another stamp. Who is Tx based that makes good cans?

Wish i hadnt just paid for another stamp. Who is Tx based that makes good cans?
1621639591486.png

Going to be interesting how this plays out and I hope it sets a precedent for states' rights.

Sanctuary state for suppressors. Well, the door was opened by the hemp-heads. Bless their hearts!

Sirhr

One more and it's off to the Governor, I believe. This bill makes it legal in Texas to manufacture, transport, sell, buy, and possess a suppressor in the State of Texas so long as all the components were made in Texas.
Montana passed that law like twelve years ago. End of the story is that the Feds don't like it, and neither do the courts.

Montana passed that law like twelve years ago. End of the story is that the Feds don't like it, and neither do the courts.

The basis there is that those organizations put together a question for the courts that wasn't actually a question, and was kicked out for being dumb. But, also, things have changed a bit since then.

Did anyone in Montana ever end up in trouble over that?

The basis there is that those organizations put together a question for the courts that wasn't actually a question, and was kicked out for being dumb. But, also, things have changed a bit since then.

Did anyone in Montana ever end up in trouble over that?
I don't know if anybody did.

My personal opinion is that this law should absolutely be OK, and that the ATF, or any other federal agency, doesn't have any business regulating in state commerce. Hell, I don't even think the law should be necessary because of that. But I also know in the real world that the feds regulate a shit ton of intrastate commerce, and the last thing they want to give up regulating is gun shit. But it would be awesome if it did stand, because if this is OK, then certainly machine guns are OK too, and all the good states would get on that pretty quickly.

But I would keep paying for tax stamps until the courts weigh in.

Reactions: TXAZ
The American 2nd amendment, 2nd prohibition repeals day celebration. Join us again this july 4th 2024 and make sure to bring your full auto and plenty of tracers..... has a nice ring to it i have to admit.

The American 2nd amendment, 2nd prohibition repeals day celebration. Join us again this july 4th 2024 and make sure to bring your full auto and plenty of tracers..... has a nice ring to it i have to admit.

We'll get there one day. Maybe not by 2024, unless people decide to do something silly like actually pay attention to shit, talk to people, and do other things necessary to actually getting legislation like that through the motions... You know... like voting for people that will vote for the good shit, and against the bad shit, and not voting for people that will vote against the good shit, and vote for the bad shit.

Ask the guys from Kansas how it turned out for them.

I wish the NFA would go away. Suppressors should be purchased anywhere by anybody. You want full auto? Have at it. SBR? Everybody should have a few and not be required to ask permission.

KS tried this a few years back. Didn’t work out for a guy who couldn’t keep his mouth shut on social media, or the guy that manufactured the suppresssor.
At least the penalty was minor because a merciful judge recognized the guys were operating in good faith believing they were following the law.
But as far as I remember no local LE or KS state officials stuck their neck out to fight the feds for this bill they passed.

Reactions: QuickNDirty

KS tried this a few years back. Didn’t work out for a guy who couldn’t keep his mouth shut on social media, or the guy that manufactured the suppresssor.
At least the penalty was minor because a merciful judge recognized the guys were operating in good faith believing they were following the law.
But as far as I remember no local LE or KS state officials stuck their neck out to fight the feds for this bill they passed.

Yeah, I suspect we'll see some interesting adaptations take place to limit exposure on the production side. If you can focus the risk all on the consumer, then I would expect there to be a relatively massive amount of demand, which would make it even more unenforceable once there's like 100k new suppressors in Texas in a short span of time, and your only option for a raid is some pissant that may be in possession of a tax-free suppressor, or one of tens of thousands of others just like him.

I enjoy Lonestar beer even though it’s no longer ” Texan”
I can't believe we got in trouble drinking that horse piss in high school. Or Pearl either. Loved the Pearl commercials though, showing the Hill Country. I came across a Pearl qt. bottle I kept as a kid because I liked the Country of 1100 Springs label. It's probably worth some money now.

We used to drive all the way from Austin to another county where I live now to buy Coors. I now live ten minutes from that same old store that had the only license to sell Coors back then and am in there almost every day. Now I wouldn't drink a Coors if they were handing them out for free.

Last edited:
So this means my POS Crux can is finally good for something?
Does it have "Made In Texas" stamped on it?

Also, HB957 passed last night, after a four hour debate from the commies on a bill that prevents teachers from teaching racist ideas, and requiring them to discuss multiple viewpoints when considering current events. 957 is now off to the governor.

HB2622 is up for a vote today.

Unless the TX legislature includes preemption language that makes it a crime for any LEO to interfere with a residents 2a rights the ATF will be on owners like a chubby German on doughnuts and expensive NV.

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre
If states allow pot legally then i dont see any difference in silencers. Besides the feds actually hate silencer owners, it will be interesting to see what happens if this passes. More of this please, we need to go ahead and balkanize makes me wanna vomit when i see what .gov is up to.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic