• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help Me, I want this…

^^^ yep. Always 3” slugs.
870 Mariner.

Almost had to use it on a pissed momma moose on the front porch!!!
Had to dispatch a cow off a Raptor hood, she destroyed that truck. Vehicle owner was sobbing.

1645584400458.png

336 rifles is where I started and I'll likely be biased because of that.

30-30 is a pretty good area for all around usage
Deer are no problem at all
The 35Rem was a little much for whitetail though... when you gutted them they look like they were hit by a Buick...

A current production ruger marlin would be interesting so I think that puts you in 45-70 without much option at the moment

Guess it depends how big of a dinosaur you are planning to hunt...

These things are a different kind of cool though.

I've got a "sentimental" 336 pre cross bolt safety with a trashed stock I keep trying to talk myself into playing with, but sentiments keep getting in the way lol

These set ups are making it hard not to try it though

Frank must have Intel on a new Bigfoot in the area... he is looking for a legit brush gun hammer killer S.O.B.
Good luck Frank!!!

Buddy , you donot need this , you dont live in New Zealand , you can at the moment have real guns , you know what I mean .

Later Chris

Reactions: aam
Ohh fighting words.

And because im Australian i should stick to lever guns ?

What nice things ? I can already own what you can own. ?
*Confused pikachu noises*

the vast majority of those in Aus cannot without difficult or impossible to acquire permits. while your particular situation may be different, I was speaking to the country as a whole
Absolutely agree. The country at large is a shit show.

I went through all the stupid pointless flaming hoops to get where I am, however thr average aussie is complacent with an over/under shotgun, bolt action 22, lever 357/44, and bolt or pump 223/308. Thats all they think they want. Mainly because they think thats all thats allowed.

But yes, i do agree that many things are unobtainable by thr average-joe.

Reactions: TwistedOneinSeven
@lowlight assuming you found your gun, you plan on taking a class with it now? I hear this one is particularly useful as it will leave you confident all the way to 25 yards with the weapon of your choice. Bonus points for leaving a better runner in boots...

Cowboy lever action rifle redux requires this gear... a must have for the ensemble.

Attachments

• Chinks70-140x250.jpg
    Chinks70-140x250.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: rlsmith1
So…. Which foundation to build on, Marlin or Henry? Does it matter? No real need for 45-70 and 45 colt or 44 mag meets my criteria. Better yet, .41 mag is my grail, but almost extinct and will have to bake my own cookies for it, though I have the dies…

So…. Which foundation to build on, Marlin or Henry? Does it matter? No real need for 45-70 and 45 colt or 44 mag meets my criteria. Better yet, .41 mag is my grail, but almost extinct and will have to bake my own cookies for it, though I have the dies…

If you’re ever wanting to shoot it longer distances (within reason) or at something brown Bear sized, then 45-70. If you’re just wanting a good all around cartridge then 30-30, 44 mag or .357 mag.

If you reload that changes the game. I can get my .357 rifle reloads into traditional 30-30 velocities, which makes it much more viable. So I can shoot 38 subs that are “Hollywood quiet” or I can shoot 180gr hardcast bullets at 1800-1900fps. Another reason Id look at .357 or 44 would be capacity. I can fit 9+1 in my 16.5” rifle with suppressor. Pretty sweet little woods gun.

Obviously you can reload 44mag and 30-30 to be much more powerful but if you don’t require the extra power then .357 makes a valid argument.

Something worth considering when selecting a model and caliber is the barrel twist rate. Particularly in pistol calibers, there can be a wide range - 1:16 or 1:20 on the fast end all the way to 1:38 for some .44 Mags. No big deal if you're using "normal" bullet weights, but you might have problems with heavy-for-caliber projectiles from the slower twists.

True for twist rates. Realistically, I don’t have a need for the 45-70. I’m in SW MO, so coyotes, deer, varmints… and yes, my sons and I have walked up on coyotes in the woods. Grizz don’t factor in the scenario, so .44 mag is probably the ticket and thick woods are the limiting environment…. No need for a lever gun, really, but these are too cool not to play with 😎

@mkollman74

Everything is bolt on. The rail is from Ranger Point Precision. I also had the Midwest version, but just didn't like the feel. The synthetic stock is from Form Rifle Stocks out of England. A tad pricey, but very nice and solid and it retains a classic look versus the Chisel Machining skeletonized one. Hardware-wise, WWG hammer, lever and trigger happy kit, load gate from Ranger Point, stock cuff from Hill People Gear and a Hoptic quiver.

The rail is a XS Sights scout rail, but it is coming off. The Leupold sits too high on the rail for my liking, so I ordered a Skinner Sights plate that mounts right to the threaded holes on the receiver and it will allow for a better cheek weld on the stock without having to build it up.

44's are great, you can put the power from mild to wild, and both power levels are lethal. push a 260 grain hardcast at full power and it is an absolute fucking SMASHER. downside is, carrying ammo gets heavy quick.

i'm waiting for ruger to release the 1894 and am hoping they go with the 357 first. it is one of the few guns i havent had that is on my want list.

anything higher than 260 grains, doesnt stabilize real well in the marlins.....just an fyi

the vast majority of those in Aus cannot without difficult or impossible to acquire permits. while your particular situation may be different, I was speaking to the country as a whole
They should buy cnc machines.

It’s not 1776 or 1986 anymore

#justdoit

Reactions: iceng
I want this exact set up, down to the suppressor

don’t own one, feel after seeing the picture on Twitter from Rainier Arms, I have to have it

View attachment 7798313

Who is doing this work to this degree, send me a PM …

Take my Money Please !
I don't know who did that one, but Ranger Point does some nice work and has partnered with Chris Costa. I am working on one myself. https://rangerpointstore.com/

I would Def go with a marlin all weather in your choice of cartridge. If you can find 4570 do it. Why? Cuz why are we actually analyzing a thread about Tactical levers? Lmao you want a 45/70 that blows the doors off and you want all weather/ stainless n mod it to look like it came from the newest terminator flick.