• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help Me, I want this…

I have the Henry Model X in 45-70. It's one of my favorite guns to shoot suppressed. My 12 year old enjoys it also. The can definitely helps with the recoil. I haven't done any upgrades yet but like the handguard from Ranger Precision.

Reactions: Lowlight
Take a good look at the Henry's before you buy one.

Better yet you have contacts in Alaska that carry a lever action for protection.

Doubt you find a Henry up there unless it's hanging on a wall in the big city.

it can't be any worse than what I carried up there in Sept

IMG_2015.JPG

Wasn't mine, just what Karin had, 358, good enough for up there i suppose,

Honestly like I was talking for Moose I would do something like a nice trick 300PRC or 6.5PRC, lighten it up, trim it down, and then set it up for 800 yards.

But these new lever gun builds are cool as hell, I just want a bit more range in the areas I can take advantage of it. In the areas were were, I could easily get a 400 yard shot, but these damn hunting calibers like that 358 drop like rocks and without any experience with those, I would be uncomfortable taking a 400 yard shot with a 200 yard gun

I built this

5FE96B37-6388-4A5B-B464-E0708CC7F0DC.jpeg
from this:
2CAA8A5D-1EBB-4EB3-98E8-59DC3B9D7F55.jpeg

Lots of Ranger Point Precision parts...and more on the way.
Sportsmans had the Henry Lever Action X model in stock earlier today
....they were gone in under 15 min.
Chiapas are nice.....very ni$e...

Here are some useful links for smiths and parts
in particular: https://www.wildwestguns.com ....they have a long, long wait time.

Have a look at the LehighDefense Solids......they look ouchy
0DF2B885-9B19-4647-824C-8A772B5ECB20.jpeg

Last edited:
I would like to see a modern lever action in a 6.5 prc or whatever modern cartridge and it be a 1 moa rifle. The browning blr rifles are the only things I know of but haven't heard of them being very accurate. Dreaming is free I guess.

I would like to see a modern lever action in a 6.5 prc or whatever modern cartridge and it be a 1 moa rifle. The browning blr rifles are the only things I know of but haven't heard of them being very accurate. Dreaming is free I guess.
Tube feeding any pointy pointy rounds can be an issue....but yeah...it would be cool

Tube feeding any pointy pointy rounds can be an issue....but yeah...it would be cool
Hornady has a line of “pointy”bullets designed just for lever guns. That old addage is done for now.

You'd almost want a big bore, or larger, Medium Action Q Fix ...

There is the hunting rifle I want, a Fix in 6.5PRC with a Medium in 22" Proof Barrel
I'm waiting for Sig to drop the short mags in the cross. They would be dumb not to.

The lever gun I would want in .357mag to go with my revolver. Makes it easy to load subsonic 38 special.

it can't be any worse than what I carried up there in Sept

View attachment 7799078

Wasn't mine, just what Karin had, 358, good enough for up there i suppose,

Honestly like I was talking for Moose I would do something like a nice trick 300PRC or 6.5PRC, lighten it up, trim it down, and then set it up for 800 yards.

But these new lever gun builds are cool as hell, I just want a bit more range in the areas I can take advantage of it. In the areas were were, I could easily get a 400 yard shot, but these damn hunting calibers like that 358 drop like rocks and without any experience with those, I would be uncomfortable taking a 400 yard shot with a 200 yard gun
I think it all depends on what you are doing.
Say you're fishing and doing a lot of walking in the treeline and bush to travel.
I'd want the most maneuverable gun with the biggest cartridge, nothing like coming up close and personal.

Stuff happens very fast, you need a chest rig too.
454 Casual is your friend

I think it all depends on what you are doing.
Say you're fishing and doing a lot of walking in the treeline and bush to travel.
I'd want the most maneuverable gun with the biggest cartridge, nothing like coming up close and personal.

Stuff happens very fast, you need a chest rig too.
454 Casual is your friend
Carried a 10mm Glock and used it against 2 grizzlies in sept

The Browning BLR rifles had an actual magazine. Or a clip if you're from PA.

Two stock styles were available, the straight grip like the Win-94 and a curved "pistol" grip like most Marlins.
I prefer the pistol type grips.

They are very nice rifles and I wouldn't hesitate to rebarrel one into a more modern cartridge.

Alaska was my first thought. Maybe a little bit lighter to pack around while I'm fishing because you know if you are fishing, so are da bears. I use to carry a 12 gauge with first round 00 followed with slugs strapped across my back. I've even had it shouldered just praying the bear wanted to keep walking up the river instead of taking what's mine.
Salmon fishing the Russian River south of Anchorage when I was 16, big brown strolling up the other side, I warn my step-bro "not to get near me, because I'll push you down before I run"! We weren't catching anything, so bear had no interest.
True story

Reactions: Aftermath
That 35 remington in the 336 had a sharp recoil in the short, light gun.

It was accurate and planted game well.

I want this exact set up, down to the suppressor

don’t own one, feel after seeing the picture on Twitter from Rainier Arms, I have to have it

View attachment 7798313

Who is doing this work to this degree, send me a PM …

Take my Money Please !
Rainier Arms is located in Tacoma WA and also in Oklahoma (Witchita I think)

Salmon fishing the Russian River south of Anchorage when I was 16, big brown strolling up the other side, I warn my step-bro "not to get near me, because I'll push you down before I run"! We weren't catching anything, so bear had no interest.
True story
My experiences were on the Kobuk River near Ambler and Shungnak. That is some real pretty country. And the Buckland River just upstream from Buckland which has fewer trees. Lots of willows in both places that makes for some very restricted vision for a bank fisherman. Of course, if you get away from the river, there are distances you can see but not shoot.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
Not your grandfather's Level gun For sure
I collect lever guns and have every thing from 22lr to 500 S&w. Mostly Marlins but several Winchester's and Henry's

1) best choice is 45-70. Large bullet selection can do 1000 ft-lbs muzzle sub sonic - but worry about the hand guard mounting. Yes it looks cool but does it allow for good accuracy and is it rugged enough for for boat 45-70 recoil ? Sub sonic loads would not be a problem

2) second best choice is 44 mag - large bullet selection 750 ft-lbs subsonic is possible. more rounds in the mag tube
Faster cycling (marginally) and the potential recoil issues go away
444 Marlin is a choice but then why not 45-70 and get more flexibility

3) If money is no object get a marlin
They are way over priced right now but other wise Henry's will work just fine
Or Winchester 94 angle eject.

I have a Bighorn 89A in 500 Linebaugh to match my revolver...super nice gun.

The Ruger-built Marlins are heading out now, it's a much nicer gun that the Remlin-era guns. That would be a good start once they're available, I was really impressed with the preproduction sample I got to shoot in November.

I want this exact set up, down to the suppressor

don’t own one, feel after seeing the picture on Twitter from Rainier Arms, I have to have it

View attachment 7798313

Who is doing this work to this degree, send me a PM …

Take my Money Please !
I need to read the rules before posting again especially when quoting the owner of the site who wrote the rules.

There are rules about selling on here obviously you can’t read them. Bold move pulling this shit in @lowlight ’s thread.

There is a guy that was converting Marlin 336's to .445 Supermag (basically a Hot rodded .44 mag). That would be a sweet rig.

Alaska was my first thought. Maybe a little bit lighter to pack around while I'm fishing because you know if you are fishing, so are da bears. I use to carry a 12 gauge with first round 00 followed with slugs strapped across my back. I've even had it shouldered just praying the bear wanted to keep walking up the river instead of taking what's mine.
I have had to deal with problem bears, I can’t imagine any one that I dealt with having 00 on top of slugs. I wouldn’t want to waste either the time or space with 00.
C48CE4B8-3C94-4563-A3E7-A6F40E9E035E.jpeg
148BCB35-C6AB-4F53-827D-8E03E026A197.jpeg
417CD281-3CA4-4293-8A6A-179C3EC2DDF6.jpeg
9D6A5B96-B647-4A74-972E-7E929F0C5BBC.jpeg

^^^ yep. Always 3” slugs.
870 Mariner.

Almost had to use it on a pissed momma moose on the front porch!!!