• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Help me pick/configure a prefit 338LM barrel

DTF370

Smartest D Student
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2014
Oklahoma
Hey guys,

My factory 338 RPR barrel just will not shoot under .8 MOA. I’ve tried everything and I’m tired of burning through components. It’s time for a new barrel.

Originally, I was going to go proof carbon, but in recent emails with them, they’re discontinuing the RPR prefit’s in 338LM. Now I am looking at LRI, but if you have another suggestion please chime in. I’m having a hard time deciding between a 9 twist and a 10 twist. On chambering, what do you think about standard 338LM chamber, 338 bore rider throat, or 338LM Ackley improved?

My goal with this build is:
A) Hunting deer/elk/hogs to a max range of 1200yds.
B) Shooting steel occasionally to however far I can shoot (mile or so).
C) Protecting my goats, chicken, and cattle from enemies both foreign and domestic.

I am considering 250gr pills to keep velocity high enough inside of my target impact range, but I could be swayed to 300gr. I’m sitting on 8 lbs of H1000 and 8 lbs of IMR 7977.

If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited: