• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with a diet regiment.

BigRso

Sergeant
Minuteman
I am looking for a diet regiment any help would be appreciated. I am currently at my heaviest I went from 230 to 287. I have been lifting religiously same diet only change no grappling I use to grapple 4x a week but with having children and work had stopped for a year and 57 lbs later we are here. I know the simple answer cardio and my calorie expenditure must go down to compensate for the grappling tried that and no cigar. Same damn results and then I feel like shit.

My old diet consisted of:
Protein shake with fiber and super food and coffee meal 1@6am
Spinach salad with cherry tomatoes some type of protein (meat) meal2 @11am
greek yogurt fruit (snack)@1pm
Pre work out mr hyde multi and fishoil@3:30-4pm
intra work out amino acids shake (during training)
Post workout protein shake with fiber and super food and Gatorade
100-175 grams of carbs with protein meat (last meal)
1 gallon water a day

Training split push pull with legs being done on my pull day circuit type routines usually 8stations targeting intended muscle with big influence on compond lifts bands chains and so on 3rds with 1min rest between rds.

All the weight is in my belly for some damn reason and I am at a loss here Help fat boy out lol

Last edited:
Well, I have had great success eating low/no carb. I used to weigh 350, and now I am down to 205. It has been 6 years, and I have not gained anything back; my cholesterol is phenomenal.

My only caution would be against using the word "diet," and replacing it with the phrase: lifestyle change; needs to be permanent.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me, and I can provide details and more information.

Good luck.

Well, I have had great success eating low/no carb. I used to weigh 350, and now I am down to 205. It has been 6 years, and I have not gained anything back; my cholesterol is phenomenal.

My only caution would be against using the word "diet," and replacing it with the phrase: lifestyle change; needs to be permanent.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me, and I can provide details and more information.

Good luck.

How is your energy level I lift pretty heavy and not taking in any carbs would not work for me. In either event thank you for your reply and input.

Be well,
Mike

I'll be honest, the transition from using carbs for energy to using fat for it, sucked big time. This transition, ketosis, takes approximately 2-4 weeks to complete. "Zombie-like" is how I would describe the transition; low energy, mental fogginess, and forgetfulness.

However, once the body has made the transition, you're good to go...no other issues in regards to energy, and in fact, I feel way better.

I am able to lift regularly, then run 3 miles, then stair climb on level 10 for 30 minutes. Does that help? ;)

I'd say just make sure you eat lots of protein, throw in more veggies, and lots of good fats.

I'll be honest, the transition from using carbs for energy to using fat for it, sucked big time. This transition, ketosis, takes approximately 2-4 weeks to complete. "Zombie-like" is how I would describe the transition; low energy, mental fogginess, and forgetfulness.

However, once the body has made the transition, you're good to go...no other issues in regards to energy, and in fact, I feel way better.

I am able to lift regularly, then run 3 miles, then stair climb on level 10 for 30 minutes. Does that help? ;)

Shit that's a hell a lot of volume on no carbs will look into it. Research time ;)

First thing I would suggest doing if you haven't already is to plug that into a calorie tracker on your smartphone and add EVERYTHING you put in your mouth for complete accuracy. Track for a week to see where your breakdowns occur. Alcohol consumption, soda, random snacks and birthday cake at work as well as the hidden calories in everything you don't think of add up fast. Generally speaking you have to start by tracking what you take in before you know where your weaknesses are. One thing to consider is Testosterone levels which are overstated in advertising, and the use of stimulants. Adding the right multi vitamin or metabolism booster could help.

If it seems like you've tried everything and none of that is working you already know cardio and targeted workouts are the only way to guarantee results. If budget isn't an obstacle then you could definitely do a lot of good with a supplemental regimen.

Word to the wise on carnivore diets, they take extreme dedication. Cheat meals for the first few weeks can ruin your results and the bodies process of changing how it stores and burns fuel sources. The idea is that you essentially shock the body and force it to utilize fat as its primary fuel source. As a note on those diets taking a sugar blocker initially can help ease the transition and ensure that your body doesn't utilize what carbs may slip into your diet. Hope something helps.

I guess to give some qualification that I'm not completely full of shit I went from 6'2" 235 to 185 in a year with light cardio and lifting and super clean diet.

The beauty of low carb is that calories are a moot point, ergo, non-consequential.

On a daily average, I eat close to 4-5K in calories, some days more when I tear the shit up at the local Chinese buffet. Breakfast consists of 6-10 eggs (depending on hunger level), and some other meat product: hamburger patties, sausage, bacon, ham, whatever...doesn't matter. I eat every meal until I am full, and have done so since day zero.

From my research (done years ago), it appears we have been misled into believing fat and cholesterol are bad for humans. Not so. Many moons ago, a good gubmint commission stated the ingestion of fat and cholesterol was bad for humans. Food companies bought into this bullshit, and knew that taking the fat out would make our food taste like ass, hence they replaced much of it with high fructose corn syrup and other sugars/glucose. Folks switched also to eating more carbs, such as rice, pastas, breads, taters, etc...these have caused insulin and sugar levels to spike, causing a fucking epidemic of a litany of metabolic syndromes.

I can go on and on about this shit, but I am not a huge fan of typing...I do it too much for work.

I like what Mr. Silver states above, as well. I did find that my testosterone levels were in the gutter. I do participate in TRT therapy also. Incidentally, your diet and hormone regulation have a direct impact on one another.

You do need to be devoted the first several weeks when starting low carb changes, to allow that ketosis process to complete itself. No cheat meals during that time, and extra fiber intake are the calls for each day ;)

First thing I would suggest doing if you haven't already is to plug that into a calorie tracker on your smartphone and add EVERYTHING you put in your mouth for complete accuracy. Track for a week to see where your breakdowns occur. Alcohol consumption, soda, random snacks and birthday cake at work as well as the hidden calories in everything you don't think of add up fast. Generally speaking you have to start by tracking what you take in before you know where your weaknesses are. One thing to consider is Testosterone levels which are overstated in advertising, and the use of stimulants. Adding the right multi vitamin or metabolism booster could help.

If it seems like you've tried everything and none of that is working you already know cardio and targeted workouts are the only way to guarantee results. If budget isn't an obstacle then you could definitely do a lot of good with a supplemental regimen.

Word to the wise on carnivore diets, they take extreme dedication. Cheat meals for the first few weeks can ruin your results and the bodies process of changing how it stores and burns fuel sources. The idea is that you essentially shock the body and force it to utilize fat as its primary fuel source. As a note on those diets taking a sugar blocker initially can help ease the transition and ensure that your body doesn't utilize what carbs may slip into your diet. Hope something helps.

I guess to give some qualification that I'm not completely full of shit I went from 6'2" 235 to 185 in a year with light cardio and lifting and super clean diet.

Myfitnesspal.com is a great way to track your caloric intake. A friend of mine has a gym and is a personal trainer, he makes people do this before even considering them as a client.

I am currently at my heaviest I went from 230 to 287. I have been lifting religiously same diet only change no grappling I use to grapple 4x a week but with having children and work had stopped for a year and 57 lbs later we are here. I know the simple answer cardio and my calorie expenditure must go down to compensate for the grappling tried that and no cigar. lol

I did the same thing. 230 to 280 with kids.

Your calories expended went down. Your weight went up. Mr. Silver is right:

First thing I would suggest doing if you haven't already is to plug that into a calorie tracker on your smartphone and add EVERYTHING you put in your mouth for complete accuracy. Track for a week to see where your breakdowns occur. Alcohol consumption, soda, random snacks and birthday cake at work as well as the hidden calories in everything you don't think of add up fast.

High protein is fine, but it requires a lot of greens and strict dedication. I tracked my calories and started losing weight. No rocket science--1,800 calories a day, every day for 300 days, and I was 230 again. It took another year to get to 225.

I would also take a hard look at how your life is going to look like for 10-15 years. Time with kids matters more than time in the gym. But, fitness and good health is required to spend time with the kids.

I moved to workouts I could do at home while watching the kids (Jump Rope requires almost no space and can be done while a kid naps, does homework, etc.) The same with TRX systems. I used to take kids to swimming lessons in the summer and jump rope outside the chain link fence, on the grass, where I could see them and they could see me.

Good luck,

BMT

Last edited:
Thanks k you all for your input I appreciate all the great advice.

Falex would you be able if possible post a typical day of your meals? Also do you refeed once aweek with carbs to avoid a plateau and when starting the ketone diet how long do you wait before your first referred?

Why is it hard? You gain weight when your eating more calories than you use. So eat less.
You can get to the weight you want without working out at all actually.

eat more plants. fruits and vegetables. since you are asking for advice, you should eat whole foods, protein shakes and supplements are over hyped.

eat whole foods. mostly plants. not too much.

Here is what worked for me. In 2013 I started doing weight watchers. I didn't go to meetings or even join I just followed there plan. I wrote down everything I ate and how many points it was for the day and stayed under the amount of points for my weight per day. I would weigh in every Monday morning and record my weight. There is tons of information on line and several free apps to help you figure points. Every meal my wife would cook she would figure the points per serving and I would eat what I could. I didn't go hungry at all. With Weight Watchers you are not cutting any one thing out its really just portion control. I hit my goal weight in one year and now just trying to maintain but haven't found that balance yet. I'm still loosing a little.

January 1 2013 I weighed 278 pounds. January 1 2014 I weighed 198 pounds. Today I weigh 189.

Thanks k you all for your input I appreciate all the great advice.

Falex would you be able if possible post a typical day of your meals? Also do you refeed once aweek with carbs to avoid a plateau and when starting the ketone diet how long do you wait before your first referred?

not falex but i also follow the low carb/real food life style. once your on this and in ketosis you do not carb load....ever. there is no need for it. your body will start using your fat as fuel through glycogenisis at some point along the way. there is much more to this as far as water retention, insulin and glucose improvements along with a general overall reduction of inflamation in your body...i.e muscles, joints etc.

energy levels will be better then ever in my opinion once your through the "induction' phase of it and into ketosis.

many people have no issues with grains, gluten etc but many do and don;t even know it. wheat belly is a great book to read if you're interested.

Why is it hard? You gain weight when your eating more calories than you use. So eat less.
You can get to the weight you want without working out at all actually.

this is all well and good, but working out a lot and doing a lot of physically demanding activities makes an American lad hungry. Why would I limit my intake to 1800 calories when I can not worry about them at all, and eat thousands of them? Eating 1800 calories is already a tall order for most American males, so eating over that means you have to work out to lose weight. Again, I can eat 3-4x the amount of calories, not lift a finger, and the weight would just fall off. I know this because I did it for the first 8 weeks of starting on this regimen. I hit a plateau after losing 45lbs and decided to start back at the gym. The remaining 100lbs flew off.

Bigrso - I did respond to your PM to me, but I will post a regular day of meals for me here for all to see:

Breakfast- already stated: 6-10 eggs, scrambled or over medium, and a couple pieces of whatever meat you please (mine are usually burger patties, sausage or bacon)

Snack - peanuts, roasted unsalted or almonds, or a Quest protein bar (the absolute best on the planet hands down...tastes like eating straight chocolate chip cookie dough, no shit).

Lunch - probably leftovers from dinner from the night prior, which is a great segue to my next point, but I'll finish my meals first.

Snack - a couple string cheeses or slices of lunch meat with some cheese slices, or a couple packs of hot dogs/sausages...whatever I have time for.

Dinner - see next point

Okay, so after having done this for over 6 years straight I have learned a few important things, the most important that is the most time consuming and takes some pretty hardcore dedication is meal planning. Not just in the planing phase, but in the "I need to prep this shit and cook it phase." Normally, I have Sundays off. My wife is awesome because she and I will prep and cook 3-4 meals for the following week. This allows me to save a bunch of time after we get home during the week. Also, it gives me food for lunches while I am at work during the week. It helps my wife because we only need to heat the grub up when we get home from work, not worry about making everything.

Next point is fiber. Take it. However you can. I drink metamucil daily.

Next point is water. Drink it. Between the lack of fiber and increase in fats/protein, your shit will become concretesque. No fun for anyone. On top of that, your liver and kidneys will thank you for it.

I have a ton of low carb recipes, ranging from pizza to spaghetti, to a multitude of desserts to curb any sweet teeth in the audience.

Also, you have to realize that the low carb lifestyle has become a sort of cottage industry. There is a low carb everything now: tortillas, bread, ice cream, candies, etc...some of this stuff does cost more, just a heads up. There are many restaurants that also cater to this way of eating. For example, I love Red Robin. I get their texas bbq burger with 3x patties (add those calories up, there's your 1800 right there), and substitute their fries for Caesar salad (which is also bottomless, by the way). The burger will come wrapped in lettuce, no bun. I don't eat much by way of fast food, but I know there are some that will also accommodate the no bun, lettuce wrap deal.

Lastly, the answer to whether I have shocked or ever shock my system with a cheat day is a big no. If I ever hit a plateau, I beat my own ass in the cardio department and got over it. If you hit a plateau and think eating carbs will help, it might, but I have a much better way to push you past it ;)

Last edited:
The problem with what your saying is that "working out" doesn't burn nearly what most think that it does. And then they over eat. And get fat, which you know. 3x-4x the calories because your working out? I don't fucking think so.

Must be my 10% body fat having ass that's all fucked up. And sure I work out, but diet is 80% of it.

Oh and I'm calling bullshit on that it's easy for an american male to eat 1800 calories a day. Uh huh, if he is eating red robin crap!
And caesar salad by the way has nothing but crap in it. If you want a salad that actually has nutrients in it go for a spinach salad.

Try eating clean and unprocessed foods, not so easy to get them calories all the sudden.

Chicken breast son, and a lot of it.

Lean meats (not shitty hamburger joint patties) This means chicken breast, turkey breast, and lean beef cuts (not fucking sausage)
Plenty of vegetables daily. This means asparagus, spinach and broccolli
Fruits daily (but need to watch the calories)

I'll go ahead and post a sample of my daily diet.

Breakfast shake: 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
2 strawberries
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 tblspoon peanut butter (organic)
1 banana
1/4 cup organic rolled oats

snack one: one serving of faje 0% greek yogurt

lunch: 1 chicken breast with salsa and 2 cups of raw spinach

snack two: handful of almonds or walnuts

snack three: hardboiled egg and organic hummus

Dinner: 1 large chicken breast and one serving whole wheat pasta. With asparagus or broccolli

At least 90 ounces of water throughout the day.

There's my typical day. If I want to up the calories I'll eat more eggs for breakfast or more chicken. I don't eat many carbs usually, as you can see. Do I always eat this EVERY single day, nope, I do veer away slightly now and then. But it primarily does not change.

My advice. Use some discipline, it can be done.

Last edited:
Trebek, there's no absolute in anything and one size just doesn't fit all especially when it comes to food, calories, carbs, etc and how we process it. It's just not that simple. Your description of your intake is really good and obviously for the most part low carb. I'm not a fad person or even someone who considers the way I eat a "diet"

The processsed and genetically modified trash along with lack of excercise and a whole host of other poor choices and habits are to blame for how we got here as a fat ass nation. We absolutely must have discipline above all else because we want better for ourselves and to breathe this air as long as we can. Do what works for you and keep an open mind

Last edited:
The problem with what your saying is that "working out" doesn't burn nearly what most think that it does. And then they over eat. And get fat, which you know. 3x-4x the calories because your working out? I don't fucking think so.

Must be my 10% body fat having ass that's all fucked up. And sure I work out, but diet is 80% of it.

Oh and I'm calling bullshit on that it's easy for an american male to eat 1800 calories a day. Uh huh, if he is eating red robin crap!
And caesar salad by the way has nothing but crap in it. If you want a salad that actually has nutrients in it go for a spinach salad.

Try eating clean and unprocessed foods, not so easy to get them calories all the sudden.

Chicken breast son, and a lot of it.

Lean meats (not shitty hamburger joint patties) This means chicken breast, turkey breast, and lean beef cuts (not fucking sausage)
Plenty of vegetables daily. This means asparagus, spinach and broccolli
Fruits daily (but need to watch the calories)

I'll go ahead and post a sample of my daily diet.

Breakfast shake: 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
2 strawberries
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 tblspoon peanut butter (organic)
1 banana
1/4 cup organic rolled oats

snack one: one serving of faje 0% greek yogurt

lunch: 1 chicken breast with salsa and 2 cups of raw spinach

snack two: handful of almonds or walnuts

snack three: hardboiled egg and organic hummus

Dinner: 1 large chicken breast and one serving whole wheat pasta. With asparagus or broccolli

At least 90 ounces of water throughout the day.

There's my typical day. If I want to up the calories I'll eat more eggs for breakfast or more chicken. I don't eat many carbs usually, as you can see. Do I always eat this EVERY single day, nope, I do veer away slightly now and then. But it primarily does not change.

My advice. Use some discipline, it can be done.

Damn, someone get their panties in a wad? Holy shit. Relax man. I didn't realize I was going to offend your delicate sensibilities with my eating habits. Look man, not everyone is going to suck on chicken breast and broccoli every fucking meal. I've done this for 6 fucking years my man. You think every single meal I eat is going to be clean protein? Are you fucking high? Telling a man to not eat sausage, but eat hummus and Greek yogurt? What the fuck is wrong with you? We all know you never eat anything that might dare add a tenth of a percent to your "10% body fat having ass." The man asked for our opinions, I gave him mine. Don't get all hurt about it just because I told him counting calories was moot and because I go to Red Robin (you must not have kids).

I stand by the 1800 calories a day being easy for an American male to eat. Shit, I was thinking the majority eat at least 2400 per day, our fat asses will put 1800 down in a sitting or two. "Obesity epidemic," heart disease, diabetes, blah, blah, blah...do you know how many calories are in a fast food meal (over 1000 and potentially double that depending on the sizes of the foods/drinks in the meal)? Have you not seen the lines at these joints? I didn't think this would even be up for debate...

Here's your sign:
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/databriefs/calories.pdf

Specifically the part on page 2, first bullet point that states, "On average—Males consume 2,475 calories daily..."

And that was done way back in 1999 and 2000. If you think it has gone down, you'd be just as wrong as you were when you attempted to call bullshit on my fact.

Go ahead, research it for yourselves, please.

I guess if me going to Red Robin hurts your feelings, you better not read about my adventures to the damn Chinese buffet. You'll be calling your employer's EAP line after you're all done.

And Trebek, take it easy. Even at 10% body fat, you're going to stroke out on us with your overreactions.

Last edited:
Panties is right cause that looks like a diet for a little girl.

I do intermittent fasting, eat lots of food and I'm around 10%. Couldn't tell you the calories I eat but it's certainly a lot. Basically eat all my food in one sitting and it is probably more than that diet all week.

Everyone is built different and what works for one person might not for another.

Hell I was just looking at my water bottle and I drink 90oz of water by 11am everyday.

Last edited:
Panties is right cause that looks like a diet for a little girl.

I do intermittent fasting, eat lots of food and I'm around 10%. Couldn't tell you the calories I eat but it's certainly a lot. Basically eat all my food in one sitting and it is probably more than that diet all week.

Everyone is built different and what works for one person might not for another.

Hell I was just looking at my water bottle and I drink 90oz of water by 11am everyday.

No doubt, right? He had me with the "10%...hummus...greek yogurt" deal. Telling someone to eat that instead of sausage doesn't even necessitate a punch in the man card, your shit is just flat out revoked. Done. I don't know my body fat percentage, nor do I care. I guess it would be nice to know, being that I was a total lard ass. Sleep apnea, high BP, the whole nine...gone down to nothing.

It is glorious to get on here and proselytize on how cleanly you eat every single day, but that shit is not for everyone.

Trebek needs to realize that the vast majority of folks don't want to be on the cover of GQ. They just want the weight off. You got people having bariatric surgery like it's going to get your teeth cleaned kind of deal. Here you have a gentleman that is not looking for the bariatric way out, and we are just trying to give OPINIONS (which are incidentally like assholes, as we all just had the pleasure to read).

This shit is hard enough getting going as it is. I'm already telling the man (if he wants to eat like I do, lose the weight like I did) that he's going to need to cut out possibly 60-80% of the foods he is already eating (and enjoying, quite a bit I'm sure). I am trying to provide some avenues for success; starting someone out by telling them to suck on chicken breast, greek yogurt, hummus, organic peanut butter, "clean protein," blah, blah, blah is not going to set them up for success, those kinds of suggestions add to the reluctance to even start such an endeavor. Telling someone that they will lose weight by eating racks of ribs, burgers, pork chops, steaks, sausages (GHASP!!!), pizza, etc...and as much as they want, starts to sound appealing to some folks (again, Trebek, not all folks, SOME...don't go throwing a fucking rod now).

Now, if Bigrso gets going on something like this, has some success, and decides to eat only clean foods, awesome. That would be more than excellent for his health. I pray he can do that. I certainly cannot.

Incorporate Kale into your diet!

Great recommendation. I just hate the taste of kale, too bitter.

Don't hate on me because I have the discipline to do what it takes to get to where most want to be physically.

I can go ahead and blow smoke up your asses. But the plain simple truth is I laid out a plan for success. Because someone
is too weak mentally to follow the advice that is a different story. Point is the plan works if someone is strong enough to follow it.

Two questions.

1. What's an EAP line?
2. Where can I apply for the cover of GQ magazine?

90oz of water by 11am every day. What are you a fucking camel?

Last edited:
A HUGE portion of those calories would be coming from the bun and the other fried shit on top along with the fries and crap ass shake. falex would not be eating the bun or any of that other shit. just the meat...so your not apple to apples dude. i didnt note anywhere in the stats of any meal that layed out the carbs? thats where its at. while certinaly reducing your caloric intake helps the carbs of that caloric intake make up how its digested and where it goes.

Last edited:
Great recommendation. I just hate the taste of kale, too bitter.

Don't hate on me because I have the discipline to do what it takes to get to where most want to be physically.

I can go ahead and blow smoke up your asses. But the plain simple truth is I laid out a plan for success. Because someone
is too weak mentally to follow the advice that is a different story. Point is the plan works if someone is strong enough to follow it.

Two questions.

1. What's an EAP line?
2. Where can I apply for the cover of GQ magazine?

90oz of water by 11am every day. What are you a fucking camel?
lol I must be. I have a 32oz bottle with me all day and I bet I fill it up at least 5 times before I leave work.

I've followed a diet to the T before like that. Ate a lot more food than that but it was all very clean.

Got seriously ripped but doing that is not worth not having a life.

You are right it works but it takes a strong willed person kind of like doing intermittent fasting.

well I took Falex advice and it works my lifting has not been affected by the diet at all, I am pushing and pulling the same weight I was prior and I am down 6 lbs already eating cheese , meat nuts greens and veggies. It sucked at first big time after 2 days I can care less about carbs. I will be however carb loading once a week around 300 gr. then right back into ketosis I go I purchased some keto sticks and I turn it purple every night in the morning it drops down a shade but after I lift and test it is purple ketons baby. lol Any way thank you all and especially to Falex I will reach out just busy with life work kids wife you know the deal.

In Conclusion this shit WORKS and no counting damn calories.....

well I took Falex advice and it works my lifting has not been affected by the diet at all, I am pushing and pulling the same weight I was prior and I am down 6 lbs already eating cheese , meat nuts greens and veggies. It sucked at first big time after 2 days I can care less about carbs. I will be however carb loading once a week around 300 gr. then right back into ketosis I go I purchased some keto sticks and I turn it purple every night in the morning it drops down a shade but after I lift and test it is purple ketons baby. lol Any way thank you all and especially to Falex I will reach out just busy with life work kids wife you know the deal.

In Conclusion this shit WORKS and no counting damn calories.....

God damn. There is no such thing as calories not mattering! And by the way, with a dedicated diet and working out you should be losing 6 pounds a week!

Empty useless ass calories certainly are not needed. That's basically what you get from carb loaded grains, breads, starches etc.

Empty useless ass calories certainly are not needed. That's basically what you get from carb loaded grains, breads, starches etc.

Sugar is an empty calorie.

Carbs: Peas, Corn, Beans, fruit, etc, are not empty. Even white potatoes have vitamins.

We are now beginning to see people damaging their health through an unbalanced diet heavy on meat.

Its excess calories and an unbalanced diet that is the problem-- Not one food or type of food.

BMT

Sugar is an empty calorie.

Carbs: Peas, Corn, Beans, fruit, etc, are not empty. Even white potatoes have vitamins.

We are now beginning to see people damaging their health through an unbalanced diet heavy on meat.

Its excess calories and an unbalanced diet that is the problem-- Not one food or type of food.

BMT

i might agree if i thought for one minute that the "whole grain wheat" was just that an not some genetically modified shit. i kill my own meat and grow my own vegetables.....gasp, but i dont grow wheat and make my own bread. yet...

theres absolutely no need to have grains in your diet to have a balanced diet.

Meal 1
4 whole eggs + 8 egg whites , 1 tablespoon Applecider vinegar mixed with 1 tablespoon raw honey in 8oz water

Meal 2
4oz free range round beef (80/20%) , 4oz chicken/turkey breast OR white fish , 12 asparagus spears , 1/2 yellow bellpepper , 8 oz pineapple
(2 cups of any green veggies will work inplace of asparagus and bellpepper)-(1 cup fresh fruit can be used in place of pine apple)

Meal 3
8oz chicken/trukey breast OR white fish , 2 cup green veggies 1 teaspoon coconut oil , 1 teaspoon red palm oil , 1 teaspoon red wine all mixed to make a dressing
(Extra virgin olive oil can be used in place of red palm oil)

Meal 4
8oz chicken/turkey breast OR white fish , 2 cup green veggies 1 teaspoon coconut oil , 1 teaspoon red palm oil ,1 teaspoon red wine all mixed to make a dressing , 8 oz pineapple
(Extra virgin olive oil can be used in place of red palm oil)-(1 cup fresh fruit can be used in place of pine apple)

Meal 5
10oz free range beef steak , 2 cup green veggies 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 1 tablespoon Applecider vinegar with coconut oil to make a dressing

Meal 6
4 whole eggs + 8 whites , OR 2 scoops protein and 1 tbl spoon cashew butter

This diet is high in protein , moderate carbs and moderate to high in fat , the majority of the fats are from healthy medium chain triglycerides which won't be stored to fat. Before anybody starts talking out of their ass about all the sugar in fruit you better understand how the body processes fruit sugar as opposed to other sugars and carbs.
This diet is diabetic friendly and heart healthy.
if anybody here wants to try it or needs any help adjusting it to meet their needs feel free to shoot me a message.

Last edited:
the whole debate on calories in vs calories out is utter horse shit.
if your daily calorie needs are 2500 a day and you only eat 2000 a day that is a 500 calorie deficit and over a 7 day period that equals 3500 calories which technically you should be losing a pound a week.
no eat that 2000 calorie diet from nothing buy refined carbs and ice-cream and you will get fat and lose muscle mass DESPITE being in a caloric deficit .
now same person follows a 2500 calorie diet NO DEFICIT from a diet similar to the one listed above and they will lose body fat and spare muscle , it is completely possible to lose body fat and gain lean muscle at the same time effectively GAINING WEIGHT while getting leaner.

for a person to lose 6 pounds a week if totally possible for a short period of time unless they are hundreds of pounds over weight for a normal person to be eating so little that they lose that kind of weight is very unhealthy because you are malnourished. A nourished body won't allow that kind of weight loss (naturally) if you are in such a nutrient deficit that you are losing that kind of weight you are setting yourself up for metabolic syndrome where the body slows the metabolism so far down that it causes damage that is hard to fix.

Here's my advice on this subject. It's worth what you paid for it, nothing. But it worked for me. I'm not a workout type of guy and I sit at a dest for 8+ hours a day. When I get home I have two little ones to take care of and spend time with so P90x after work session isn't in the cards. I used to weight 210 and now I hover between 180-185. Here are some things that I did that I think helped a lot.

-Plan all of your meals ahead of time. Weekly meal plans give you an idea of what your going to eat on a larger scale. If something you make on Monday isn't super healthy for you, Tuesday plan on grilled salmon to make up for it.

-Make all your own food. ALL OF IT. I could not tell you the last time I put something from the freezer into the microwave or ate something that came in a box. Processed foods are bad for you, if you cannot pronounce it you shouldn't eat it. Making your own food gives you control of what goes into your body. It was hard at first but after getting used to it the thought of McDonalds/Wendy's/ you name it makes me sick. I really cannot eat fast food any longer.

-Join a Community Suppourted Agriculture(CSA), preferably a organic one. You pay a share for a veggie and fruit box that you recieve once a week. You don't pick what you want, you get what is ready to be harvested. Unless you like to throw $$$ down the drain you are forced to eat more veggies and fruit and get very creative with veggie recipes. Here's a hint, almost everything tastes good sauted in olive oil, garlic and onions.

-Eat when you aren't hungery. Yep you heard it right. Eat every two hours whether you are hungery or not. Not a bag a of chips, an apple or bananna or handful of almonds. Like was mentioned before, whole foods. Eating when you aren't hungery makes you less hungery when the next meal comes, helping you to eat less then, but it also helps keep your metabolism stable and constantly running.

-Eat a small dinner. I love to cook food, and I'm pretty fucking good at it if I do say so myself. So naturally I like what I'm eating. This led to me eating way to much for dinner and afterward I realized I'm overly full and not comfortable. Dinner is late in the day, your body has already used most of the energy that it needs for that day. Dinner should be a small amount of protien, and some fresh veggies on the side. When you eat pasta, Which I do, make damn sure its a small portion.

-Never eat anything after 7:00, usually 6:00. nothing. I know that this one might be hard depending on your daily schedule but the point is eat a small dinner and you're done for the day.

-Finally think about all food as cost benefit analysis. If you go to a b-day party and the cake is from the amazing bakery down the streat that everyone raves about, have a small piece. If the cake came from the local grocery store skip it. It cake, not a BJ for god's sake....you can say no. Example, I was recently at a bar with my wife and some friends. The girls ordered coffee which came with a small bowl of icecream and a cookie. The icecream was some hipster bullshit that tasted so bad I had to try it more than once to make sure it was a terrible as I thought. I look across the table and here is my buddy, who is overweight and constantly complains about it, crushing the icecream. I asked him why he would eat ice cream that late at night, let alone ice cream that was terrible, if he wanted to lose weight. He looked over at me and I could tell the idea/option of not eating the ice cream NEVER even occured to him. You need to train yourself that all food is calories and ask yourself are those calories worth it.

Disclaimer, I'm not a fitness maniac for a nutritionist. Just a regular Joe that found these things to help. Good luck with your weight lose and if you ever need any recipes ideas let me know, I'll help if I can.

Last edited:
Being able to track and log your cardio, weight lifting and caloric intake as well as hydration is important to you succeeding and reaching your goals.

Take a look at the fitness log to aid you thru your journey.

Fitness Book

Low Carb Dieting Tip
Your rate of metabolism dictates how many calories you burn. Heredity, gender, age, body size. diet and nutrition, activity level, and your overall health factor in on determining how high or low your metabolism is. It is normal for metabolism levels to lower as a person ages. Because of this it is important to begin stepping up your exercise routines in your thirties and forties.

Ways to Boost Your Metabolism

Eat Regularly - Eating 5-6 small meals throughout the day will give you energy throughout the day--helping you to burn calories. Whereas, calories eaten during larger meals tend to get stored as fat.
Maintain a Balanced Diet - Not only how often you eat is important, but your food choices are equally as important. Nurture you body with the appropriate balance of protein and carbs.

Eating whole foods rather than processed food gives your digestive system a workout that burns calories. For example: choose an apple over apple juice.
Workout with Weights - Building muscle mass will replace stored fat. As you build muscle tissue your metabolism increases.
Don't Forget Cardio - You need to get that heart rate up and breathe a little heavier. Twenty to thirty minutes of cardiovascular activity 5 days a week is recommended. Brisk walking or swimming are good. Or utilize exercise equipment (exercise bike, treadmill, or elliptical trainer)
Fruits and vegetables are clearly an important part of a good diet. Almost everyone can benefit from eating more of them, but variety is as important as quantity. No single fruit or vegetable provides all of the nutrients you need to be healthy. The key lies in the variety of different fruits and vegetables that you eat.
Some basic fruit and vegetable tips:
• Try to eat more fruits and vegetables. If you need 2,000 calories a day to maintain your weight and health, aim for at least nine servings (4½ cups) a day.
• Choose a variety of different fruits and vegetables. It's easy to get into a rut when it comes to the food you eat. Break out and try a wider variety - include dark-green, leafy vegetables; yellow, orange, and red fruits and vegetables; cooked tomatoes; and citrus fruits.

How is your energy level I lift pretty heavy and not taking in any carbs would not work for me. In either event thank you for your reply and input.

Be well,
Mike

I would recommend a Keto Diet or Carb Nite. Carb Nite has a built-in Carb refeed day per week. You don't need carbs for energy. Your body will use fats for energy. Just make sure you take MCT or Coconut Oil, which gives you the fast acting energy boost, similar to carbs. Anytime I need to loose weight, it is what I fall back to. I've lost 7 lbs in two weeks so far while eating a net 1850 calories per day (179 to 172). I'm running and weightlifting 5 days a week with no issues.

I would recommend a Keto Diet or Carb Nite. Carb Nite has a built-in Carb refeed day per week. You don't need carbs for energy. Your body will use fats for energy. Just make sure you take MCT or Coconut Oil, which gives you the fast acting energy boost, similar to carbs. Anytime I need to loose weight, it is what I fall back to. I've lost 7 lbs in two weeks so far while eating a net 1850 calories per day (179 to 172). I'm running and weightlifting 5 days a week with no issues.
Thank you I have actually been doing exactly what you posted and I feel great had a headache first week for 2 days but that went away. haven't lost any strength at all and now I don't even crave carbs and I am down 9 lbs in 2 weeks

Thank you I have actually been doing exactly what you posted and I feel great had a headache first week for 2 days but that went away. haven't lost any strength at all and now I don't even crave carbs and I am down 9 lbs in 2 weeks

My mistake the first couple of days was that I was eating too much protein. Then I researched it and got the proper percentages and it started working much better. In those 7lbs in 2 weeks that I lost also included a a massive carb Nite on Saturday (about 4000 calories). The best part is that I'm not hungry like I used to be when I was eating 1800 calories on a more balanced diet.

My two cents:

I was a power lift turned body builder for years. Three years ago I tore a pectoral muscle and stopped working out all together, big mistake. I am 6'3" tall and my lifting weight was 280. However when I stopped lifting but kept eating I ballooned up to 377 in March of this year. I had enough, so I tried with a simple diet and only dropped to 366 by begging of May. So I went to Ideal Protein, very expensive they kill you with the cost of there food. So after the one month I paid for and now having there plane in hand I just modified it with a combo of protein powders that I mix and food I cook. I still follow that plane just not buying there food. As of last night I am down to 296 so that's 81 pounds since March 28th and still loosing! Using the electronic scale at the gym I am still at 218# of lean mass. I have just started lifting (not for size) and want to get my lean mass to 230 and my body fat to 12% or so. So I am going for a goal weight of 260 by March only 36# away from a 117# weight drop in a year. If anyone wants a copy of there diet plan and what I eat instead of there "Ideal Protein foods" just ask. I can email it to you.