• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Help with Savage fcp rifle?

J_530

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Northern California
This is my first thread so go easy on me.
I'm new to the long range/ precision shooting so I'm not sure if this should be a major concern or not.
First off the rifle.
10 FCP HS precision 5r in 308
Vortex Viper PST 6-24 ffp in mil.
Burris XTR ring in low and lapped
Seekins 20 moa rail bedded.

So my problem is that after I sighted it in at 100 yards I only have 9.7 mill remaining going up and 10.9 going down, and that was with some cheap Remington 180 gr hunting round. That's all I had at the time and I was just trying to sight it in. I was also 1.9 mil. to the left. I called Vortex and they told me that that's normal and I should just shoot it. He said that its a problem with Savage rifles, he also said the tolerances in the barrel and threads are all going the same way causing the point of impact to be off. What I'm concerned with is that after I load some match ammo that I might loose some more elevation and might not be able to hit anything at long range without holding over. I would think with a 20 moa base that I would have quite a bit more elevation than that. I think the gun shoots great I got a couple .6 moa groups with the cheap ammo. So should I have Savage fix it or should I leave it alone? Im afraid it may come back worse than what I have now. I trust that Savage would take care of it tho cause they had already shipped it with the wrong stock and they were very prompt at replacing it. So what do you think?