• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Hensoldt Spotter with LRF Setup?

SharpsNitro

Minuteman
Jan 22, 2013
Arizona
Looking to add an LRF to my spotting scope setup which is a Hensoldt Spotter 45 on an RRS Anvil. Ideally, I want to co-witness the spotter with the LRF. I have the Hensoldt Picatinny rails at 9, 12 and 3 o’clock if that helps.

Looking at the Terrapin X (connecting the the Garmin Tactix Delta is a big plus) as an LRF. What are he mounting options that can keep the LRF matched to the Spotter 45 (H-32 reticle)?

I use that. You can zero it to your reticle. I found mine on eBay for much cheaper
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that for use with say a day optic and a night optic such as a pvs 30?

when using an LRF and a spotter, there is always going to be an offset because they aren’t in line with each other. You just have to know the offset.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that for use with say a day optic and a night optic such as a pvs 30?

when using an LRF and a spotter, there is always going to be an offset because they aren’t in line with each other. You just have to know the offset.
I don’t think you use that with a clip on infront of your day scope because that mount will raise it too high above the scope. Usually you just clip it on Infront of your day scope using the picatinny rail infront of the scope. I have this setup with my terrapin x and mk4 spotter and i zero it anywhere from 300-600 yards and it’s pretty dead on. Another option is to just get a raptar S/ES and mount it onto your 12oclock rail on the spotter and you can use it with a kestrel. Don’t know about the garmin

I don’t think you use that with a clip on infront of your day scope because that mount will raise it too high above the scope. Usually you just clip it on Infront of your day scope using the picatinny rail infront of the scope. I have this setup with my terrapin x and mk4 spotter and i zero it anywhere from 300-600 yards and it’s pretty dead on. Another option is to just get a raptar S/ES and mount it onto your 12oclock rail on the spotter and you can use it with a kestrel. Don’t know about the garmin
Got a pic? I’d like to see how u r using it

Got a pic? I’d like to see how u r using it

Thought this was common knowledge lol.
1613917773425.jpeg
1613917640531.jpeg

This was what all the cool kids were using back in the day.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/dual-spotter-lrf-mount.156774/#post-3276755

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I seem to recall that mount and the pics Eostech posted After seeing them again. Any other mounting options that you know of?

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Ideally, I want to mount to one of the Pic rails on the spotter. I’ll have to look into the APO mount a bit more, looks nice but the price makes me want to home brew something. Also saw the post by Dogtown on one of the links about how you need to re-zero every time you remove it.

The simple solution is a L bracket with 2 QD pads attached. Place the spotter on the short leg and the LRF on the long leg with the long leg horizontal. Now you can adjust the spotter in the vertical plane and the horizontal.

Thought this was common knowledge lol.
View attachment 7562746View attachment 7562745
This was what all the cool kids were using back in the day.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/dual-spotter-lrf-mount.156774/#post-3276755
It is, but it just confirms what I was saying. It’s a co witness, it has an offset. There is no way to point the spotter at a target and the LRF be exactly at the same point.....until you adjust it on the mount. You made it seem like they were always the exact same.