• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors HK Mark 23 and KAC Suppressor Accident

krecon1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2003
Abq, NM
Short video that shows what happens when a suppressor isn't properly secured before shooting. Back story is the barrel's threads had a burr and while the suppressor felt it was fully engaged and secure it was actually binding against the burr. No damage to either unit - once the burr was taken care of the everything was checked, reattached, and was good to go.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DV0966NHEE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DV0966NHEE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: HK Mark 23 and KAC Suppressor Accident

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request." </div></div>

Sorry about that - fixed.

Then there were those pesky threads as the can tore across whatever threading WAS done prior to launch.

Think about it......

hmm..... hahahahahahahahaha that was amazing.....

i have a uspt and an aac evo45 i never use a thread protector and have no burr's or any thing to impair my suppressor from mounting, not only that but when the aac threads onto the barrel it has an o-ring that "locks" the suppressor into place, it mainly just keeps it from unthreading during shooting.

once I feel it "lock" i unlock it and then relock it just to be sure.

that video is funny hahaha

i think this guy was in a hurry to play gi-joe for the camera

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hmm..... hahahahahahahahaha that was amazing.....

i have a uspt and an aac evo45 i never use a thread protector and have no burr's or any thing to impair my suppressor from mounting, not only that but when the aac threads onto the barrel it has an o-ring that "locks" the suppressor into place, it mainly just keeps it from unthreading during shooting.

once I feel it "lock" i unlock it and then relock it just to be sure.

that video is funny hahaha

i think this guy was in a hurry to play gi-joe for the camera </div></div>

This was an HK demo unit with lots of use - and well worn threads that were a little messed up. The can threaded on, locked up, and was aligned. I had every indication that it was secure. And for th gi-joe outfit...this was at the end of a two week course, didn't think a pair of bdu pants and a fruit of the loom t-shirt were gi-joeish.

The t-shirt gave you away GI Joe
laugh.gif

Glad nothing serious happend. Could've been worse. But the Brick is a sturdy handgun, good to see it can take a beating and still shoot as usual.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The t-shirt gave you away GI Joe
laugh.gif

Glad nothing serious happend. Could've been worse. But the Brick is a sturdy handgun, good to see it can take a beating and still shoot as usual. </div></div>

lol ya it was the shirt for sure...... was a silly joke... and it was an hk thats pretty typical of them to take a beating and keep on ticking

i have been seriously thinking of selling my uspt for the socom