• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors HK SP5: GSL Phoenix or Dead Air Wolfman

redhead522

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
Hello everyone,

I walked into my gun shop ready to shoot sporting clays, noticed an HK SP5 behind the counter, and walked out after shooting a round of sporting clays and carrying my new HK SP5.

After lots of research on suppressors I've narrowed it down to a GSL Phoenix (which is basically a revamp of the popular Gemtech MK9K) and the Dead Air Wolfman.

GSL Phoenix pros:
40 db Sound reduction!
Integrated Tri lug attachment
Serviceable
Full auto rated

GSL Phoenix cons:
Heavy (18 ounces)
Long (8.75")
Not modular

Dead Air Wolfman pros:
Modular (full size and sub size)
Excellent sound reduction
Full auto rated

Dead Air Wolfman cons:
Not serviceable (my biggest concern)
Tri lug attachment sold separately
Concerns the mounts and modular connection might come loose

I'm leaning towards the Dead Air Wolfman just for the modular ability of full and sub sizes, but the inability to service it concerns me, and I'm curious if it ever works itself loose at the attachment and modular connection.

What would you get?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I walked into my gun shop ready to shoot sporting clays, noticed an HK SP5 behind the counter, and walked out after shooting a round of sporting clays and carrying my new HK SP5.

After lots of research on suppressors I've narrowed it down to a GSL Phoenix (which is basically a revamp of the popular Gemtech MK9K) and the Dead Air Wolfman.

GSL Phoenix pros:
40 db Sound reduction!
Integrated Tri lug attachment
Serviceable
Full auto rated

GSL Phoenix cons:
Heavy (18 ounces)
Long (8.75")
Not modular

Dead Air Wolfman pros:
Modular (full size and sub size)
Excellent sound reduction
Full auto rated

Dead Air Wolfman cons:
Not serviceable (my biggest concern)
Tri lug attachment sold separately
Concerns the mounts and modular connection might come loose

I'm leaning towards the Dead Air Wolfman just for the modular ability of full and sub sizes, but the inability to service it concerns me, and I'm curious if it ever works itself loose at the attachment and modular connection.

What would you get?

Thanks!
Of those choices: Wolfman, all day, everyday. Don't let the inability to remove baffles concern you, there is no reason to take them out. If it has issues, Dead Air will take care of it.

Reactions: redhead522
Another vote for Dead Air Wolfman. I have the predecessor, Wolf9SD. Its very quiet and very durable. I would not worry about the serviceability of it. It will last for a very very long time and any problems with it, deadair will take care of you.

I will also suggest the Surefire Ryder 9-MP5. I am still waiting on my stamp to take it home. But, I have been able to shoot one a bit at the range. It is very rock solid on a 3 lug mount and nice and quiet.

Reactions: redhead522