• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hodgdon/IMR 8208 XBR...a tad slower than 4895

Re: Hodgdon/IMR 8208 XBR...a tad slower than 4895

when you think about it, temp stable from neg. 40f up to pos. 165f alone is moderately awesome. Even *IF* you give up a few FPS, just knowing for Sure that your load has not radically changed due to temp / humidity makes this a wonder powder. From looking at the initial load listings, I am thinking both 155 Scenar's and 175 SMK's are going to do *VERY* Well :)I think perhaps the 155s may benefit slightly more however, they may actually gain 1-2 fps!

I for one can hardly wait to check it out!
Gary

I still have a little of the old IMR 8208 I use with the benchrest rifles. I'll have to compare against the new stuff when it becomes more available in my area.

If it is as good as (accuracy wise) the "old" IMR 8208 I've read about with the added benefits of temp. stablity...it sounds like the "New" 4895 for me....I hope it comes to a store close to me soon !