• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Homemade Wet Tumbler

got a bud whos rebuilds ind elec motors. he hooked me up. hes an older fella with a small shop, awesome guy. this dude aint even gonna be breathin hard with the 5 gal.

So I'm going to be trying to make a tumbler of this design but can't find 6" pipe anywhere locally right now except for 10ft sections. I was wondering if anyone has tried 4" pipe using this design? It is much more readily available and seems to be a helluva lot cheaper too.

DIY: Wet media tumbler - YouTube

So I'm going to be trying to make a tumbler of this design but can't find 6" pipe anywhere locally right now except for 10ft sections. I was wondering if anyone has tried 4" pipe using this design? It is much more readily available and seems to be a helluva lot cheaper too.

DIY: Wet media tumbler - YouTube

4" pipe works, but you won't be able to tumble much brass at a time. I started with a 4" pipe and can still use it for small batches. I now have a 6" pipe that holds a little over 2 gallons and can tumble a lot all at once.

I found a company local here that sells 6" pipe by the foot. Also, your local city probably has drop scraps of 6" pipe. I happened to find the guy who hauls scrap for the city and got several 2 foot sections of 6" pipe. Our lowes also carries 2 foot pieces of 6" green pvc pipe. It is about $16 each, but still less than a 10' stick.

--Daniel

4" pipe works, but you won't be able to tumble much brass at a time. I started with a 4" pipe and can still use it for small batches. I now have a 6" pipe that holds a little over 2 gallons and can tumble a lot all at once.

I found a company local here that sells 6" pipe by the foot. Also, your local city probably has drop scraps of 6" pipe. I happened to find the guy who hauls scrap for the city and got several 2 foot sections of 6" pipe. Our lowes also carries 2 foot pieces of 6" green pvc pipe. It is about $16 each, but still less than a 10' stick.

--Daniel

Thanks for the info. I'll try to look around at some local plumbing places and see what they have. How much brass can you fit in the 4" pipe? Also, what length pipe are you using?

Homemade Wet Tumbler

My 6" pipe is about 18" long. The 4" pipe was only about 8" long. The 4" pipe would tumble 40 pcs of 308. 75 pcs of 223, 90 pcs of 45 auto, and about 60 pcs of 44 mag. I only used about 3 lbs of pins in the small one.

I'm not sure how many the big one will tumble. I tumbled 488 pcs of 45 colt and it was just over 1/2 full. I have 15 lbs of pins in the large drum.

--Daniel

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396638895.607787.jpg

I came across some 6" pvc pieces. I am located about 35 miles north of Memphis. If anyone wants one it is free if you pick it up. I won't ship them.

--Daniel