• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Good times....

20200413_110833.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: RS14
Hi,

Short answer, lol... MV :)

Testing some pressure equipment.

Waiting on the 260 T&E ammo from Copper Creek and McCourt right now!!

Sincerely,
Theis

speeds?
I always wanted to play with pressure gauges to test rifle loads and watch how the pressure grows in various ways.
I’m envious.

speeds?
I always wanted to play with pressure gauges to test rifle loads and watch how the pressure grows in various ways.
I’m envious.

Hi,

Tick Tock, lolol.....

Will post them as soon as we finalize testing how different firing pin diameters truly affect (If any consistent affect at all) MV and pressures.

Sincerely,
Theis

And, if you want to really get cute, make the hole spacing for the pic rail the same as MPA. Then the gray ops forward grip will fit on it.

Hi,

Tick Tock, lolol.....

Will post them as soon as we finalize testing how different firing pin diameters truly affect (If any consistent affect at all) MV and pressures.

Sincerely,
Theis
So I’m going to assume those crater pics were a small firing pin in a big firing pin hole.
That’s certainly what it looks like.

Reactions: THEIS

Make it mountable forward or backward facing. And anywhere along the forearm the user wants it (if you haven’t already done so). And you have a winner.

i can see the forward and backward depending on the auxiliary equipment (but only if the rail isnt long enough) but what is the reason for reversible?

i can see the forward and backward depending on the auxiliary equipment (but only if the rail isnt long enough) but what is the reason for reversible?

Hi,

More than likely so end user can have more control of the NV/Thermal "connection" to the rifle scope.

Notice on the NV mount above that the rail extends more on one side than the other.
This is by design in order to allow a more perfect mating of the rifle scope to NV/Thermal.
So being able to flip the NV mount around helps facilitate that connection.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: MarinePMI
in theory wouldnt a longer rail accomplish the same

if the NV mount had a rail that went from the muzzle to the receiver (although not a smart idea), there would not be a need for a reversible mount?

Rifle length rails get expensive, as well as challenging to manufacture accurately. Plus, they get in the way sometimes, and can add extra weight for areas rarely used.

Hi,

But then you have like 14" of wasted space and weight because accessories only take up x amount of rail space themselves, so instead of having all that wasted space and weight; the NV mount just needs to be move-able in regards to where it mounts...being able to flip it around allows the end user to even more custom fit the mating.

Sincerely,
Theis

average weekend warrior complaining about rifle weight...just had to (hopefully no offense taken @MarinePMI)

after looking at this picture again for a minute...how did they squeeze his head in that helmet

1586955351543.png

Besides the nvg connection it serves 3 other minor purposes:

1: many use nvg rail as a hand hold. Being able to reverse it lets the longer end extend further back for user preference choices

2: occasionally you’ll find yourself in some sort of port or hole you only have room to rest the barrel in. For this reason, I prefer the nvg rail not to extend past the end of the forend as it can make the rifle “taller” further than it needs to be. This is a rare scenario.

3: unfortunately, aesthetics. While this doesn’t matter much for mil/le as they shoot what they are given, if you are doing civilian sales, aesthetics matter. We see it mentioned 100’s of times here on forum “I like xyz rifle, and it’s stupid to say, but damn it’s ugly.” Hobbyists have to like to look at what they are shooting. Something as simple as being able to reverse and nvg rail adds options.

Also, just from a procurement standpoint with LE agencies, the more “options” you have, the better it sounds. So with something as simple as making the same bolt pattern so it’s reversible, you have a super cheap way of adding and “option” to the list in your brochure.

Reactions: Steel head
didnt anyone ever tell you dont make fun of the target market for sales!!!! lol

• Haha

1: many use nvg rail as a hand hold. Being able to reverse it lets the longer end extend further back for user preference choices

2: occasionally you’ll find yourself in some sort of port or hole you only have room to rest the barrel in. For this reason, I prefer the nvg rail not to extend past the end of the forend as it can make the rifle “taller” further than it needs to be. This is a rare scenario.

3: unfortunately, aesthetics. While this doesn’t matter much for mil/le as they shoot what they are given, if you are doing civilian sales, aesthetics matter. We see it mentioned 100’s of times here on forum “I like xyz rifle, and it’s stupid to say, but damn it’s ugly.” Hobbyists have to like to look at what they are shooting. Something as simple as being able to reverse and nvg rail adds options.

Also, just from a procurement standpoint with LE agencies, the more “options” you have, the better it sounds. So with something as simple as making the same bolt pattern so it’s reversible, you have a super cheap way of adding and “option” to the list in your brochure.

ive seen that more and more,

guys putting their hand on top of the barrel

other than PRS or run and gun comps has anyone seen a difference in accuracy

everyone wants a free floating barrel for obvious reasons but now we are hanging bags and putting pressure etc

or is that shooting off a ladder "your" not that accurate anyway so the extra "groups size" wouldnt matter

ive seen that more and more,

guys putting their hand on top of the barrel

other than PRS or run and gun comps has anyone seen a difference in accuracy

everyone wants a free floating barrel for obvious reasons but now we are hanging bags and putting pressure etc

or is that shooting off a ladder "your" not that accurate anyway so the extra "groups size" wouldnt matter

I don’t really see much of a difference in accuracy as far as hitting 2moa plates or bigger. I’m sure group size on paper would be affected similarly as a tuner would affect barrel harmonics.

I just prefer a fairly ergonomic and not hot AF (even just sitting out in direct sun can make a barrel warm enough not to be comfortable) surface to hold.

As far as accuracy, it’s going to be extremely rare or non existent someone is taking a shot that needs to be extremely precise from a position where they would need to place their hand on the barrel or rail. So, IMO, it’s not so much for the accuracy/precision as it is for comfort. I’d argue that anyone who cries about accuracy with their hand on the barrel isn’t complete knowledgeable or doesn’t use their rifle in a practical manner.

Reactions: MCHOG and brianf
thanks..

figured as much, there are always position vs needed accuracy limitations

PS, i think your PM in box isnt working because there is a message in there from when Bush Sr was president...just sayin'

9FDB4149-83A0-4907-9063-C17E6118A066.gif

No offense taken, no fat boy here, even at a half century old...
I’m kinda fat,,,,,

looks kind of heavy not sure if this crew wants to carry it :p

sold my AR-50 years ago because it was just a pain in the ass...rifle heavy, ammo heavy, ammo box heavy, forever to clean lol

but after getting a SA i might need to get a boomer again

hey can i get a Proof barrel...

i hear they are the best barrels every made lol

Hi,

So the old saying of when the cat is away the mice will play.....In my case is when I get bored and UPS cannot get here fast enough with my ammunition I have to pass the time, lolol..

First up the underhand hammer throw:

Second up the the shot put:

Last but not least is the foot stomp:

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So the old saying of when the cat is away the mice will play.....In my case is when I get bored and UPS cannot get here fast enough with my ammunition I have to pass the time, lolol..

First up the underhand hammer throw:

Second up the the shot put:

Last but not least is the foot stomp:

Sincerely,
Theis

AWWWWW............STOP !!!! :eek::D

That looks like southern dirt...reminds me of my cousin Vinny clay scene.

Fine dirt will wreck havoc on actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.