• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
You heard the man...we need blood

74E2DFAE-954D-45FE-8BBE-47EC7AF71432.gif

If you're going all glock/nightforce on us, you're gunna have to add some additional tests: freeze it, drop it from a helo and possibly put it down range and shoot it. :poop:

If you’re going this far I want to see it blown up w/ 25 lbs of tannerite as well. After watching that video I sat down & ordered a DD rifle. Just saying...

• Haha
Reactions: SkyScrapin
If you're going all glock/nightforce on us, you're gunna have to add some additional tests: freeze it, drop it from a helo and possibly put it down range and shoot it. :poop:
oh wait till we get the T&E rifles ha

I'm thinking low tide beach swim considering I live on the Mass Bay

• Haha
Reactions: SkyScrapin
while standing on it:
1. have you seen the bolt handle bend
2. bolt knob bent at the threads

That kind of abuse is great and all for fun.

I'm assuming however that you'll maybe for the fun of it replicate the Army trials that AI didn't make it through because they decided to go with their new trigger?

Taking it out shooting in the fine desert dust / sand in a bit of a sand storm will probably say a lot more about the design than pounding it along the driveway.

Reactions: THEIS
I vote both...

No sports on tv, I need something to watch (better than watching the NY knicks...they just suck)

Hell need something to bet on

We should bet on when it will fail lol

• Haha
Reactions: THEIS
while standing on it:
1. have you seen the bolt handle bend
2. bolt knob bent at the threads

Hi,

No I have not bent the bolt handle yet, even driving over it on concrete with bolt handle up, lol.

There are no threads on any part of the bolt handle (Except for the threads to remove/replace the delrin "knob" that goes over the metal "knob" ; it is "keyed" into the bolt body then a bushing is hydraulically pressed into the rear of the bolt body which further secures the bolt handle to the bolt body.

Sincerely,
Theis

That kind of abuse is great and all for fun.

I'm assuming however that you'll maybe for the fun of it replicate the Army trials that AI didn't make it through because they decided to go with their new trigger?

Taking it out shooting in the fine desert dust / sand in a bit of a sand storm will probably say a lot more about the design than pounding it along the driveway.

Hi,

Exactly, all for fun and games :)
The mil test are actually fairly easy but they are designed to test the entire rifle, not an open bare triggered receiver.
10 foot drop on a 1" steel plate on concrete floor onto muzzle, butt, sides, etc without the trigger dropping the firing pin is what weeds out a lot of entrys.

Ironically our first Government tender we are entering is for the Hellenic Army and Hellenic Navy....
We are submitting the Aspis with the Hoplite Arms manufactured LARS chassis system for that program. Hopefully they will video their testing procedures for us.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
So the Greek military contacted a “Greek sounding company”....

Sounds like Remington and “big green army“

The fix is in ...lol

Hi,

So the old saying of when the cat is away the mice will play.....In my case is when I get bored and UPS cannot get here fast enough with my ammunition I have to pass the time, lolol..

First up the underhand hammer throw:

Second up the the shot put:

Last but not least is the foot stomp:

Sincerely,
Theis

Have you guys ever noticed that the kid with all the cool toys never really treated his toys like he appreciates them as much as you would?

Hi,

So got up this morning expecting to see animals loading onto the damn Arc.....

Previously sand was mentioned in regards to seeing how the receiver liked it.

Due to all the rain I do not have any dry sand to try but I have plenty of wet sand to give it a go.

Once again, my lack of videography and editing skills are on full display.

Sincerely,
Theis

Have someone from Idaho send you a box of that damnable volcanic sand/dust. Had a few Rem 700s that couldn't get past it and it galled up the cocking ramps on them.
It's an easy fix but pisses a fella off when he's trying to kill attacking ground squirrels.

Hi,

Official update for the Geeks among us :).

We are starting to compile the various different analysis data into a more readable format.

It is a hard road to build but we are going to try and make the following information palatable and relatable to every day utilization:

Functional Analysis
Safety Analysis
Mechanical and Structural Analysis
Linear and Nonlinear Analysis
Fatigue Analysis
Vibration Analysis

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So the old saying of when the cat is away the mice will play.....In my case is when I get bored and UPS cannot get here fast enough with my ammunition I have to pass the time, lolol..

First up the underhand hammer throw:

Second up the the shot put:

Last but not least is the foot stomp:

Sincerely,
Theis

Do I have to pay extra for a battleworn finish?

I will be glad to put it through the paces up here!
I thought AZ was bad, but ID is a whole different level!

Go out into the Birds of Prey area SE towards Mountain Home AFB and grab a couple gallon sized ziplocks of that powdery volcanic ash. Send it to @THEIS. If that ash doesn't mess with the gun then it'll be good to go.

Reactions: goatsie
thanks for taking the time to share all of this information....it's really fascinating to witness a bit of what goes into the making of a product. there are so many considerations i hadn't really envisioned before.

thanks for taking the time to share all of this information....it's really fascinating to witness a bit of what goes into the making of a product. there are so many considerations i hadn't really envisioned before.

It truly is eye opening watching this thread mature.

i for one have always wanted more information other than the accuracy guarantee, fan boy/hot new review, or generic gun rag that loves every rifle they ever shot.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this information (well I know I haven’t) or heard this being discussed openly with customers.

A couple of smiths have put a destruction video up which I love to watch, but those don’t compare the rifle to the original design specs.

not only are we getting company /product design targets but some background of the process...actually pretty cool.

flip side of the coin, I wonder if other manufacturers will begin follow suit and become more transparent with testing and targets/criteria. almost like lowlite is looking to do with scope reviews.

i think the hard core and the once a year hunter will benefit from the added knowledge and limitations of their gear.

eagerly awaiting the next post as usual

Reactions: lash
God damn, that is so much sexier than a magpul PRS. Brav-fuck'n-O, homie.

Reactions: RS14
May i ask a naive question, merely in an effort to gain better understanding and insight?

Are there functional and competitive advantages to to the many straight and defined angles one tends to see now in modern rifle chassis design as opposed to flowing or softer curves? I'm seeing this in recent car designs from Japan as well.

In the past it seems i often noted smooth/regular or rounded contours on many rifles and shotguns as well as automobiles and bridges.

Is it to simplify construction or to provide many different surface planes to wedge into varied positional shooting presentations where stability plays a more important role than comfort or glide?

thank you

Reactions: Average guy
May i ask a naive question, merely in an effort to gain a better understanding and insight?

Are there functional and competitive advantages to to the many straight and defined angles one tends to see now in modern rifle chassis design as opposed to flowing or softer curves? I'm seeing this in recent car designs from Japan as well.

In the past it seems i often noted smooth/regular or rounded contours on many rifles and shotguns as well as automobiles and bridges.

Is it to simplify construction or to provide many different surface planes to wedge into varied positional shooting presentations where stability plays a more important role than comfort or glide?

thank you

Flats ride bags and other such things better.

Flat sits. Round rolls.

Reactions: Average guy
we need hoplite patches that say:

high speed-high drag

only good for HALO so it slows the free fall

not so much for hydrodynamics it will slow down the Navy Seal Delivery vehicle

all joking aside i like the edges/joints/creases on stocks or chassis

i find it easier to find the exact same position of my fingers and such by remembering what angle is where...might just be me though

From a purely production viewpoint, it is generally easier to machine flats and angles as opposed to smooth rounded and flowing surfaces.

we need hoplite patches that say:

high speed-high drag

only good for HALO so it slows the free fall

not so much for hydrodynamics it will slow down the Navy Seal Delivery vehicle

all joking aside i like the edges/joints/creases on stocks or chassis

i find it easier to find the exact same position of my fingers and such by remembering what angle is where...might just be me though

Hi,

Just FYI...That "V" in vehicle is capitalized, lolol.

Sincerely,
Theis

From a purely production viewpoint, it is generally easier to machine flats and angles as opposed to smooth rounded and flowing surfaces.

Hi,

The programming is slightly easier for flat..the modern machines do not care whether it is cutting ovals vs flat, :)

Sincerely,
Theis

thank you

Hi,

Stability damn near always should override comfort and glide. We build for a desired function over a desired comfort.
NOT saying comfort is not a key factor..hence reason we got rid of the original chassis with PRS butt...but that was more for functionality too since the PRS butt is just too long for proper mechanics.

As the saying in the working dog world goes....function over form.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
Hoplite give a call to Accuracy international their engineering department messed up again lol

But really..rifles “flip” when the shoulder is a lot lower than the direction of recoil.

How the recoil gets there (as long as it strong/no flex) doesn’t really matter.

9482304E-A429-4F04-BDD0-74DAA441C42F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.