• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

How about a naked and stripped down receiver pic, lol....

20200218_133504.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

I might be swayed swayed away from Kmw. The addition of the vertical ergo grip has really brought me back to A2 grips on chassis.

I might be swayed swayed away from Kmw. The addition of the vertical ergo grip has really brought me back to A2 grips on chassis.
Have you tried the new one yet?

@THEIS now that Ergo does a 0 degree are contemplating changing your back to the normal A2 cut or are just gonna stay with your angled cut?

Reactions: rydah
Yea
I forgot you picked up that envy.
I don’t think it’s perfect but it’s getting closer to it.

The mdt grip doesn’t work for me. But the ergo vertical opened the acc back up for me to use comfortably

i havnt shot well with the vert grips, but from what it seems that is the way of the future...

i always feel the lower part of my wrist is being stressed

might have to give it another go...

i havnt shot well with the vert grips, but from what it seems that is the way of the future...

i always feel the lower part of my wrist is being stressed

might have to give it another go...

Try the new ergo. I felt the way you do about mdt and mpa vertical grips.

Ergo is different for some reason. Haven’t figured out why yet.

Also, about to respond to your PM finally ?

Reactions: brianf
The mdt grip doesn’t work for me. But the ergo vertical opened the acc back up for me to use comfortably
MDT isn’t perfect either but in different ways than the Vert ergo
Try the new ergo. I felt the way you do about mdt and mpa vertical grips.

Ergo is different for some reason. Haven’t figured out why yet.

Also, about to respond to your PM finally ?

I need to put a bottle of Boone’s farm, the vertical ergo and the MDT in a for a while and see if they mate.
If you combined the positive attributes of both you would certainly have a winner.

Hi,

Approved for Public Release
Joint Venture: Hoplite Arms and LARS Chassis
----------------------
Hoplite Arms is extremely proud to announce a joint-venture partnership with, LARS Chassis “Long Range Aluminum Stock”.

As result of this joint-venture, both companies are proud to bring a newly developed Tier 1 Weapon System Chassis to the firearms market.

At Hoplite Arms we believe in constant improvement on all fronts, the phrase “you are only as good as your teacher” is one we all believe in.

We believe once you stop improving, you start falling behind. Acknowledging an internal need for improvement allowed us to look outside our 4 walls, enabling Hoplite Arms to find LARS Chassis.

As expected, LARS is a like minded engineering based company rooted in constant improvement and innovation.

This newly finalized joint-venture will allow both companies to quickly optimize product designs through agile design and simulation cycles, previously unavailable.

Utilizing these rapid development technologies allows for a more efficient manufacturing process, enabling these chassis to be made locally under Hoplite Arms supervision for our own usage.

Most importantly… what does this mean for the customer; it creates a more complete, robust, cohesive weapons system.

Although the original chassis had met the design criteria requirements, we at Hoplite Arms were not satisfied with finished product.

One consistent end user suggestion was the removal of the Magpul PRS buttstock, primarily citing the excessively long LOP.

Through Hoplite Arms methodical R&D testing of every aspect of the Phalanx, Kopis and Aspis weapons systems, data has shown a chassis revision was warranted.

After exhaustive meetings and searches, Hoplite Arms established communications with LARS Chassis.

Sincerely,
Theis Protov
Hoplite Arms

LARS.jpg

Hi,

Approved for Public Release
Joint Venture: Hoplite Arms and LARS Chassis
----------------------
Hoplite Arms is extremely proud to announce a joint-venture partnership with, LARS Chassis “Long Range Aluminum Stock”.

As result of this joint-venture, both companies are proud to bring a newly developed Tier 1 Weapon System Chassis to the firearms market.

At Hoplite Arms we believe in constant improvement on all fronts, the phrase “you are only as good as your teacher” is one we all believe in.

We believe once you stop improving, you start falling behind. Acknowledging an internal need for improvement allowed us to look outside our 4 walls, enabling Hoplite Arms to find LARS Chassis.

As expected, LARS is a like minded engineering based company rooted in constant improvement and innovation.

This newly finalized joint-venture will allow both companies to quickly optimize product designs through agile design and simulation cycles, previously unavailable.

Utilizing these rapid development technologies allows for a more efficient manufacturing process, enabling these chassis to be made locally under Hoplite Arms supervision for our own usage.

Most importantly… what does this mean for the customer; it creates a more complete, robust, cohesive weapons system.

Although the original chassis had met the design criteria requirements, we at Hoplite Arms were not satisfied with finished product.

One consistent end user suggestion was the removal of the Magpul PRS buttstock, primarily citing the excessively long LOP.

Through Hoplite Arms methodical R&D testing of every aspect of the Phalanx, Kopis and Aspis weapons systems, data has shown a chassis revision was warranted.

After exhaustive meetings and searches, Hoplite Arms established communications with LARS Chassis.

Sincerely,
Theis Protov
Hoplite Arms

View attachment 7289619

Loving the new butt stock direction!

Looks like a removable fore end?
Any provision for options like an EFR, bridge or the earlier enclosed fore end?

Reactions: THEIS
I’m surprised they thin down the front like that.
I actually like some extra chassis meat in the front for those occasional tree stump and fence post shots.

Hi,

You guys are killing me, lolol....

Next thing you all are going to be wanting an ocular scope attachment that projects/superimposes a new aiming solution onto your scope lens so that you do not have to dial the turrets; you just us the superimposed dot as aiming reference because it is automated to provide new solution based off your mechanical scope zero and the ballistics application "calls".

Sincerely,
Theis

how about a chilled beverage holder? On a gimbal of course.

Reactions: Steel head
@THEIS now that Ergo does a 0 degree are contemplating changing your back to the normal A2 cut or are just gonna stay with your angled cut?

Hi,

Here you go :).
2020-04-03 (6).png

While we are at it...

How am I going to attach that chassis to my tripod? :unsure:

Hi,

You do not expect me to leave you hanging on that one right, lol?
You doing old school of threading style attachment or new generation of RRS dovetail style attachment?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Here you go :).
View attachment 7290564

Hi,

You do not expect me to leave you hanging on that one right, lol?
You doing old school of threading style attachment or new generation of RRS dovetail style attachment?

Sincerely,
Theis

I figured it was coming, but couldn't help myself...

Please sir, more RRS rail!

oliver-twist-0071.jpg

Hi,

Very soon I can take a step back and let others post while we get ramped up with the new chassis and standby for any receiver tweak recommendations from the test tube babies, lolol....

Just to be open, hahaha---
All the T&E rifles will be with original chassis design which has been changed but it will still allow you all to get a "feel" for the receiver and its' features.
All the T&E rifles will be with the magazine release that subsequently has been changed due to new chassis.

Sincerely,
Theis

Have you gained any ground on your barrel treatment for the high pressure cartridges you are coming out with? Do you think you will have that process for treating non Hopelite arms barrels
Thanks in advance

Have you gained any ground on your barrel treatment for the high pressure cartridges you are coming out with? Do you think you will have that process for treating non Hopelite arms barrels
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Yes we have made some ground improvements on the application process itself, now as to treating barrels as part of that......

That is the million dollar question.

Hoplite Arms is not setup on the BASF business model of "We make a lot of the products you buy better..." Our business priority is Hoplite Arms products and Hoplite Arms customers.

So at this time the treatment is a Hoplite Arms proprietary concept and because of that we will initially focus the concept to only full in house built weapon systems.

That is not to say that once we are out and about with products that we do not setup a separate sister company that functions on the BASF business model but at the time of typing this......Hoplite Arms weapon systems are our priority with the barrel treatment.

Sincerely,
Theis

Did the kmw work without butchering it completely?

Hi,

Well......lol

For production versions we will have to utilize an internal chassis system glued into the Sentinel so the barreled action can just bolt in and go.

The 2 in the picture above will be glued into the Sentinel because the location of the rear action screw to the trigger opening does not allow enough room to put pillars in to make a traditional bedding job worthwhile.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Dthomas3523
Status
Not open for further replies.