• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
assuming FEA pressure closley correlates to actual chamber pressure.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t. Stress concentrations - which you pretty much always see in corners - are really frustrating to work around.

Strongly agreed with shooting over a chrono when doing the proof testing!

Reactions: E. Bryant
Hi,

NTS is handling all the destruction test.
This is not my nor their first rodeo in regards to high pressure/destruction testing, lol

As well as they are running the FEA programs so it doesn't get any more accredited or 3rd party than those guys.

Still waiting for any other company to throw all their specs, data and analysis to the public in real time, lolol.

I just ordered 500 monos from Badlands Precision in various calibers yesterday!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Unfortunately, it doesn’t. Stress concentrations - which you pretty much always see in corners - are really frustrating to work around.

Strongly agreed with shooting over a chrono when doing the proof testing!

from the supplied pics it looks like the stress is localized to a few random points (the whole bolt lug is not sheering off/bright red), so those might be fringe effects of the computer sims.

Reactions: Nik H
Hi,

Nothing is sheering off nor deforming, lolol.

For comparison conversation:
The industry "proof test" is 2 shots of certified proof rounds in which nothing can blow up or set headspace out beyond usable, that is IT, lolol.

SAAMI list all the approved manufacturers and vendors for proof rounds but guess what.......we had to get NTS to write new procedure and protocols for utilizing a non SAAMI approved "proof" round manufacturer because the average proof round is only about 85k cartridge pressures.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi Theis,
I just wanted say it's nice to see someone doing something different. I also like the use of fine threads not sure why everyone doesn't for there actions and I like the use of the breech ring I feel it makes for a stronger action and glad to see the flat bottom and not another round action it makes mounting much easier. Also it is nice to see someone showing the R&D process cause alot of manufacturers act like it is a secret process. I would trust your action over something from Remington nowadays. And what FEA software are you using? I have mainly used Ansys.

Hi,

Just wanted to say Thanks to @Frank Green and everyone working behind the scenes at Bartlein Barrels.
They were gracious enough to allow a couple of the Hoplite Arms family members a facility tour and go over a few things :)

1593543220181.png

1593543244040.png

1593543265857.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: RTH1800 and THEIS
Hi,

Nope, as previously mentioned we have completely scrapped the original chassis design and spinning up the new chassis design as I type this.

And we have done this with absolutely not a single customer that has paid and waiting on product. I feel great about that, as does everyone else involved in this business.

We have gotten the question of :
Why not just release with the original chassis then release the Gen 2 system when new chassis integration completed. That way you could be taking orders right now.

Well my reply and the companies official stance on that is...Why would I take someones money for a product that I know I am replacing/phasing out/etc etc when I can not only save my business reputation but actually improve it by not putting our customers through that type of customer interaction journey.

Sincerely,
Theis

Well that says a lot about your ethics and buisiness modle.

I missed the part about redesign.

I will keep up on this thread.

The website didn't make it clear to me but a lot of distractions today.

Thanks.

Reactions: THEIS
That's true and so sad.
The local guys have their food trailers set up all over the place around here.
Making a few bucks where they can.
Hope you guys get to set up next year

Reactions: Jamie C
Thank you @THEIS! I’ve been with @Geno C. (I hope I tagged the right Geno C) 😂 for 20 years and have been very much behind the scenes. I have attend many shoots as a spectator, and the last few years have participated. My good friend @northern50 borrowed me his 300 Norma and loaded ammo for me. I was “bullied” into shooting this weekend (thank you @duramaxman08 ). I’m so happy that they did. I had a blast! I’m hooked ❤ I’m so excited for this opportunity, and yes, I’m excited for a larger rifle 😁View attachment 7356485View attachment 7356487View attachment 7356490
Nice work @Jamie C !
Excellent addition @THEIS

Hi,

Update from the Genesis Ballistics side of the house, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

It appears to be one of those days, lol...
Let's try this again, hahaha

View attachment 7365067

Sincerely,
Theis
“G” for Geno ?
Lessee, fuzz on da chin/neck, moose on the wall (no meese in ‘Bammy) and the better/beautiful half promoting said new action/stick mfr.....hmmm, think I have this riddle nailed :unsure:

AAA7C039-E393-4EC0-B677-305DF4D229CE.jpeg

Hi,
On behalf of Hoplite Arms, we would like to wish you a happy, healthy, and safe Independence Day. Let us celebrate our great nation and be thankful for the freedom that grants us life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
Sincerely,
The Hoplite Arms Family

Reporting for Show Pony duties :LOL: :LOL:

Hi,

You volunteering to handle the Shot Show media affairs?
I was pondering the concept of doing a live stream of the booth with the idea of getting other booths to do the same (On same channel) so non attendees could at least see the booths that joined up for such streaming event. BUT typing this sentence is about as far as I have gotten on that thought, lol.

Side Note:
2020-07-08 (1).png
2020-07-08.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

LOLOLOL wait to you all see/read some of the other changes, hahaha.
As hard as it is......there are some things that have not been mentioned/shown/updated yet, lolololol

Sincerely,
Theis
i have a feeling when one shows up at my FFL I'll be very pleasantly surprised

Reactions: gnochi
See.... That is how they get ya. They don't just make a quality product with high visibility and open specs. They go and develop swag and flaunt it all over the place. You too can own a limited edition Hoplite sticker/coffee mug/sideways t shirt. I hear the collectors t-shirts are going to be a little spendy, but they throw in a free rifle once the phone banks open up to take orders.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and Geno C.
Status
Not open for further replies.