• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you wouldn’t be so vague and secretive 😂🤣🤣

Hi,

Well actually there is quiet a lot going on that I am so vague on that nobody knows about yet, lol and I definitely am pretty politically correct in my public replies haha. Some of the industry phone calls and discussions really bring out the full side of me. lolol

Sincerely,
Theis

Thanks Theis, I am so impressed with your process. So different than most of this industry’s companies, very refreshing compared to the pre buy and wait for ever or a recall because it hasn’t been tested. I think you will be very successful.

Hi,

Thanks!! O we have definitely had the business meetings of bring to market now and let the revisions (That we already knew about wanting) fall in whatever timeframe they fall at but we stayed locked onto our core mission of quality product plus transparent service/progress is the only way we can enter into the market space we intend to enter.

We know we will be the new name on the block and people will question whether to purchase our product or xyz product with both being relatively same price.

So we must give the very best customer journey the industry has ever had; it is just as important if not more important than providing a weapon system with a combination of features that the industry has never had.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

This coating/metal treatment company will need to upgrade the efficiency of processing and shipping, lol....

1609800930863.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Sure blame the other vendors. :oops:

Just kidding .
That does seem to be how i get tracking updates for everything now.

• Haha
Reactions: THEIS
^^^^ If someone gets a copper/orange one before me...I’ll have a stroke lol

^^^^ If someone gets a copper/orange one before me...I’ll have a stroke lol

Hi,

LOLOLOL, Yea I am pretty sure UNLESS this PVD DLC on the receiver body and Type 3 anodizing on the chassis just blow me away....That I will be going with Birdsong for chassis and receiver body and just stick with this new nano metal treatment for the bolt assembly, breech cylinder and trigger.

At least Birdsong is only about 2 hour drive and I can be at the shop to "expedite" my deliveries.

Sincerely,
Theis

Everything I've read about Birdsong makes it seem that is one of best coatings out there.

Hi,

It is pretty damn hard to beat but as previously mentioned I just have to have at least 1 receiver done with DLC because that is what the "industry norm" is and without a doubt someone will ask why I use one over the other. Would be pretty hard to answer that honestly if I never tried the DLC route.

But that being said...Birdsong is a coating and adds dimensional changes...barely but it does.

Also ALL coatings can be beaten off with enough abuse and that is why our bolt assembly, breech cylinder and trigger will be better off with a nano molecular level bonding treatment rather than a coating.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: lash
Right now it's a "Rush" to hurry up and get the prototype back. After production, it may not make much of a difference to have them process 10 or more units per week. You will still be dealing with lead time on the rest of the rifle manufacturing that a few extra days in shipping may not be noticeable.

I think the plan is to have long leadtime parts in stock for a quicker turnaround time, once Hoplite is rolling.

Might be wrong though

Right now it's a "Rush" to hurry up and get the prototype back. After production, it may not make much of a difference to have them process 10 or more units per week. You will still be dealing with lead time on the rest of the rifle manufacturing that a few extra days in shipping may not be noticeable.

Hi,

What are you talking about, lol??

Right now it is a rush because they have had the products for 32 days on a job that was advised to be 4 days.

Now in regards to "Dealing with lead time on the rest of the rifle manufacturing" in regards to extra days in shipping not matter....
Ummm it is not like we can send out a production rifle that is not coated, lolol so cannot be manufacturing rest of rifle while part of rifle is waiting for coating to ship.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

What are you talking about, lol??

Right now it is a rush because they have had the products for 32 days on a job that was advised to be 4 days.

Now in regards to "Dealing with lead time on the rest of the rifle manufacturing" in regards to extra days in shipping not matter....
Ummm it is not like we can send out a production rifle that is not coated, lolol so cannot be manufacturing rest of rifle while part of rifle is waiting for coating to ship.

Sincerely,
Theis
Ahhh...32 days in hand with a quote of a 4 day turnaround....Yeah, I'd be done with them too even if it was a "Blow me away" end result.

• Haha
Theis,

What are your anticipated lead times from course completed, to rifle order placed, to rifle system shipping?

I’m interested in the ammo aspect too. Any idea on lead times for HP stuff given current logistical challenges?

Hi,

@SkyScrapin
We have been working on that exact schedule for several weeks now and we are pretty sure it is going to go something like this.

The very first production batch will be at the mercy of barrels since we do not have enough data to know which caliber/twist/etc barrel specifications to have enough in hand. For example I have 20 barrels that should be ready any moment now but they are all spec'd for monolithics.

That being said we are not offering every barrel option known to man but we are offering a monolithic setup barrel and a jacketed setup barrel.

The very first production batch will be 8 weeks for us to have the receiver and chassis completed and sitting on shelf waiting for barrel.

The second production batch will be 4 weeks for us to have the receiver and chassis completed and sitting on shelf waiting for barrel.

We are anticipating that by the 3rd production batch we will have enough data to understand the barrel desires and be able to start rolling them into the production systems to coincide more and more with our receiver and chassis manufacturing times.

With the intent to have fully assembled rifles in the rack at time of order but we have to get a better understanding of markets barrel desires.

HP Ammo....As soon as ATF gets some of our Form 6s approved then I will not be subjected to most of the current logistical challenges :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
So maybe Friday or Monday delivery then if you are fortunate.

Hi,

I have already called my UPS driver and told him do not pull the "Business Closed" shit on Thursdays delivery. That I will personally remain at the shop until he arrives and I will have food for him, lol.

I have to work night shift a couple days this week to handle some International comms anyways...

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

@SkyScrapin
We have been working on that exact schedule for several weeks now and we are pretty sure it is going to go something like this.

The very first production batch will be at the mercy of barrels since we do not have enough data to know which caliber/twist/etc barrel specifications to have enough in hand. For example I have 20 barrels that should be ready any moment now but they are all spec'd for monolithics.

That being said we are not offering every barrel option known to man but we are offering a monolithic setup barrel and a jacketed setup barrel.

The very first production batch will be 8 weeks for us to have the receiver and chassis completed and sitting on shelf waiting for barrel.

The second production batch will be 4 weeks for us to have the receiver and chassis completed and sitting on shelf waiting for barrel.

We are anticipating that by the 3rd production batch we will have enough data to understand the barrel desires and be able to start rolling them into the production systems to coincide more and more with our receiver and chassis manufacturing times.

With the intent to have fully assembled rifles in the rack at time of order but we have to get a better understanding of markets barrel desires.

HP Ammo....As soon as ATF gets some of our Form 6s approved then I will not be subjected to most of the current logistical challenges :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Fantastic. Looking forward to this experience. Need more guns!

Hi,

So brief update on a few of the things that are going to make the production units better than our testing units....

Hardware compatibility in as many places as possible with the least amount of not only head sizes but the actual lengths.

Not very often we see the same length action screws and definitely not very often we see those same screws designed into the chassis hinges :)

Sincerely,
Theis

1609952255530.png

Uh oh. I take it you did not like what the ups man brought

Hi,

1610114758549.png

Lets just say today is 3rd flight of the year.
First for this issue though and I am pretty sure it will be the last of this issue, lolol.

Sincerely,
Theis

I mean, I was gonna break it anyway. So.....

Hi,

LOLOLOLOLOL yes but I have to do photoshoot for website first, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

So were you heading to the shop to see if you could argue some sense and reason into their shoddy workmanship?

Check your messages

Hi,

Let me finally eat for first time in 2 days and I will message you.

Sincerely,
Theis

So were you heading to the shop to see if you could argue some sense and reason into their shoddy workmanship?

Hi,

Well, sometimes you just have to be inconvenienced to deal with things...

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: lash
Hi,

First leg of flights back to the shop today.
Birdsong tomorrow but that is a drive from shop so no airport....although a helicopter would make that 2.5 hour drive even better, haha.

But for right now United Airlines needs to show up and open for business.

20210110_025913.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Average guy
So seeing you have all sorts of international defense contacts, do you see this rifle system being marketed to different military and other gov agencies across the world?

It seems to be it would compete well if not better than most rifles packages currently in that role.

Sucks to hear you had coating issues.
looking forward to seeing it.

Hi,

It happens, it sucks that it wasted 34 days to come to this but better to learn it now than on production rifles with customers waiting.
That is the silver lining in this. I now know what I did not know....

Sincerely,
Theis

So seeing you have all sorts of international defense contacts, do you see this rifle system being marketed to different military and other gov agencies across the world?

It seems to be it would compete well if not better than most rifles packages currently in that role.

Hi,

Absolutely, to be honest that is why we have everything metric, lol.
Ukrainian exhibition and demonstration is in April.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

It happens, it sucks that it wasted 34 days to come to this but better to learn it now than on production rifles with customers waiting.
That is the silver lining in this. I now know what I did not know....

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Absolutely, to be honest that is why we have everything metric, lol.
Ukrainian exhibition and demonstration is in April.

Sincerely,
Theis

So now we see what your actual deadline is 😂

Do you hope to demonstrate your HP ammo at this time?

Being a rifle system made in the USA how hard is it to sell to foreign governments?

So now we see what your actual deadline is 😂

Do you hope to demonstrate your HP ammo at this time?

Being a rifle system made in the USA how hard is it to sell to foreign governments?

Hi,

O that is not the actual deadline, lolol....IDEX is going down in end of February in Abu Dhabi, lolol

No HP for Ukrainian demonstration this April, they operate with FMS assistance (funds) which pretty much means NATO cartridges but I will be meeting the Defense R&D Minister in regards to the HP program since I have a Ukrainian that will assist them in their funding if needed.

Easier to sell the foreign governments than to California civilian.

Sincerely,
Theis

Status
Not open for further replies.