THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2017
    Enon Louisiana
    hoplitearms.com
    The last two pictures, especially the one of it in-hand, makes it not look "chunky" at all. shoot/use/abuse a work of art.

Hi,

You don't think we have thought about that potential problem right, lol??
    Since I firmly believe in the saying of "The first dent/ding/scratch is always the hardest" we are going to offer this service to our valued customers.
    For an upcharge "handling" fee we will gladly take care of the first dent/ding/scratch for you.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Very nighhhhhhh!!!

Will the barrels use some other metallurgy other tham what is typically standard such as Bartleins new spec?

Hi,

There is only 1 person at Hoplite Arms that likes and accepts "standard" stuff and luckily he is in shipping and receiving, lolol....
    Not only are we doing Bartleins new alloy; we are doing LH Gains, :)

Sincerely,
    Theis

--------------------------------

Happy Thanksgiving Update Everyone,
    I will put up the dimensional screenshots between tomorrow and Friday.
    So until then this is where she is staying for the weekend.
    Aspis.jpgAspis2.jpgAspis3.jpgAspis4.jpg

Sincerely,
    Theis

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    N. Carolina
    Hi,

Since I firmly believe in the saying of "The first dent/ding/scratch is always the hardest" we are going to offer this service to our valued customers.
    For an upcharge "handling" fee we will gladly take care of the first dent/ding/scratch for you.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

There is only 1 person at Hoplite Arms that likes and accepts "standard" stuff and luckily he is in shipping and receiving, lolol....

Sincerely,
    Theis

View attachment 7482471View attachment 7482472View attachment 7482473View attachment 7482474

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Imma beat the hell out of it

Reactions: AMGtuned

LR Junky

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 19, 2017
    What would it take to add some level of "switch barrel" feature to this receiver design? My Terminus Zeus action returns to zero so well it really surprised me. Wondered if something similar could be an option, or something like what AI does? This thing s looking really cool. Love the idea of an expensive rifle that allows easy caliber change!

RS14

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 7, 2019
    Panama City Florida
    Hi,

Sincerely,
    Theis

I gladly volunteer to be the employee to provide said service for you. I’m truly a professional at using items as a tool and not the work of art they often are. Plus it adds character.

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2017
    Enon Louisiana
    hoplitearms.com
    What would it take to add some level of "switch barrel" feature to this receiver design? My Terminus Zeus action returns to zero so well it really surprised me. Wondered if something similar could be an option, or something like what AI does? This thing s looking really cool. Love the idea of an expensive rifle that allows easy caliber change!

Hi,

Current design is focusing on higher operating pressures rather than "in the field" switch barrel capabilities.

Our tolerances from receiver to receiver are going to be held tight enough that we will have prefits available.

We are making the system capable for the consumer to switch barrels at home or from vehicle with a few tools.

The barrels will have wrench flats on them.

Finishing up design on a magazine adaptor that is used in a normal vise to hold the rifle while consumers remove barrel.

We will have an independent shooter testing the rifle you see in the progress pictures and one of his testing will be testing the barrel torque indicator line system.

Sincerely,
    Theis

And now for some dimensional screenshots.

Dims1.PNGDims2.PNGDims3.PNGDims4.PNGDims5.PNGDims6.PNGDims7.PNGDims9.PNG

Sticks

That guy
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 5, 2018
    Pondwater Colorado
    Hi,

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

Sincerely,
    Theis

View attachment 7482471View attachment 7482473
    Sincerely,
    Theis

Your stock might flow nicely with one of these (option attachement) by another member

I've shot with a MPA chassis for several years and have liked it as well as any chassis I have shot. That said, something
    I've noticed is that I always felt that my rear bag was either to tall or to short for a consistent squeeze/elevation hold.
    I went to work trying to come up with a solution. After a few versions this is the answer to this question:
    View attachment 7131114
    Elevation adjustment is easily achieved on the clock and consistency is enhanced with a more light/relaxed squeeze.
    I've been using it on my Vudoo/MPA and 6 Creed/MPA for several months.
    Here are a few pics of them on different chassis:

R

Reactions: THEIS and Rthur

LR Junky

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 19, 2017
    Love the look of this thing. Are you getting any of your design inspirations from the LARS Chassis system? Yours and theirs looks damn near identical! Or are you the same people and I missed something? Lol

Attachments

• 120367118_3205972249528379_3178173685993067101_o.jpg
      120367118_3205972249528379_3178173685993067101_o.jpg
      111.6 KB · Views: 68
    • download.jpg
      download.jpg
      5.2 KB · Views: 69
    • s1.png
      s1.png
      310.3 KB · Views: 65

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2017
    Enon Louisiana
    hoplitearms.com
    It amazing the amount of changes you made and I think positive changes.

Hi,

It is absolutely crazy at the amount of changes we have done not only to the chassis but also to the receiver and in general, lol.
    1. Alloy Change for bolt and breech cylinder, along with all the FEA on those.
    2. Coating Tests
    3. Heat Treatment companies issues/changes/etc (That could be a thread all on its' own).
    4. Drastic chassis changes...totally tossed out the original chassis that was shown at Shot Show.
    5. Moved company offices/showroom to Louisiana.
    6. Bolt lug and Breech cylinder surface areas.
    7. Etc Etc

I have tried to keep the changes made public here but I am sure some things have been left out, :)

We could have released the rifles immediately after Shot Show last year and done these changes as Gen 2 and then again as a Gen 3 but as a company it was determined to just hold off of public release until essentially the Gen 3 rifles are ready.

All that just so that not a single person would complain that we "changed" something 3 months after rollout. Which is a legit complaint in our opinion.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    N. Carolina

brianf

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    I know what I consider capture the bolt but

When guys say capture the bolt

do they mean:

Right hand action right side folder

when folded the bolt can not be manipulated

When folded it locks in place

I’ve seen all of the above quoted when talking about folding stocks

gnochi

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 6, 2019
    Orange County, CA
    Anything that can be done about this corner? It looks like it could be annoyingly stabby at the most irksome times. Also it pains my visual design sense worse than the misaligned lines between the KRG chassis blocks and forends...

Potential thought: where the chassis bumps out just above this as shown, have the chassis blend down towards that line.
    50CB546F-4997-4CA5-B6FD-ABBE7354A1E9.jpeg

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    N. Carolina
    I know what I consider capture the bolt but

When guys say capture the bolt

do they mean:

Right hand action right side folder

when folded the bolt can not be manipulated

When folded it locks in place

I’ve seen all of the above quoted when talking about folding stocks
    Think Remington xm2010. I want the folder to capture the bolt. This will make for a more compact package when transporting. The bolt knob doesn’t stick out past the folded stock

sniper68

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 19, 2013
    Anything that can be done about this corner? It looks like it could be annoyingly stabby at the most irksome times. Also it pains my visual design sense worse than the misaligned lines between the KRG chassis blocks and forends...

Potential thought: where the chassis bumps out just above this as shown, have the chassis blend down towards that line.
    View attachment 7488524

It is sufficient to chamfer the edge

Attachments

• skhr.jpg
      skhr.jpg
      224.6 KB · Views: 40

schmi015

Rogue
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 8, 2012
    The Swamp AKA DC
    Hi,

Got a couple messages about how does the buttstock fold, lock and unfold.

A flush spring loaded push button operates the latching mechanism that allows the buttstock to swing on its' hinge.
    It locks and unlocks by manual push/pull.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Holysmokes, that lockup looks tighter than an AI, or a new door on a bank vault.

• Haha
    Reactions: THEIS