• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

You know the old saying of "Know what you do not know" has to come into play here for me to give you the best comment.

I am suppressor dumb and have not done any testing of such in regards to HP capabilities of suppressors but most definitely when we are ready I will provide a test system and ammunition to a suppressor manufacturer and let them test it themselves so that IF they have to modify anything in their design they can do it and be able to retest immediately.
I just do not have time to test another manufacturers product and/or a product that I am not manufacturing.

I know just enough of suppressors and how they handle pressures per each baffle, etc to know what I do not know.

Hi,
Thank you for your support. This has been a long time coming and the Team can finally see the finish line, so all the work has been well worth it.

Sincerely,
Theis
Probably need to look at a baffle-less suppressor design to get around pressure issues.

@THEIS , sorry i’ve been offline and missed a lot of this discussion. It certainly has been interesting and intriguing.

B/R
Tim

Reactions: THEIS
Probably need to look at a baffle-less suppressor design to get around pressure issues.

@THEIS , sorry i’ve been offline and missed a lot of this discussion. It certainly has been interesting and intriguing.

B/R
Tim

Hi,

No worries on the delay....You have definitely had more important things to focus on. Hope you are doing well my friend!!!

Finishing up on pure cosmetics of a few relatively unseen parts of the rear of the bolt and the rear bolt piece cover...
Only time either of these will be seen is when the bolt is completely disassembled for firing pin removal.
1mm radius 2.png
1mm radius.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Wish you had a shop front in Houston, going to be there in November for a wedding and would love to see the firearms in person haha

@THEIS,

As we have spoken about, attention to detail is key. Like AI, every detail matters, even unseen. You and your team have every right to be extremely proud of the work thus far. Very proud.

Kudos to you and everyone involved; it has indeed been a long time coming, since some of the first conversations we had so long ago.

Sincerest and deepest regards,
Humbly,
Tim

Hi,

@MarinePMI
It sure seems a LOT longer than it probably truly has been but YES it seems like our first conversations were years and years ago, lol.

There have been many changes, tweaks, revisions, etc that have been done during a very prolonged T&E phase.....

BUT I think the end users have a right to demand a product does not require additional changes, tweaks, revisions, etc once the product is actually in their hands.
It is my responsibility to make sure that happens with all of Hoplite Arms products BUT let me be very clear....NONE of our products come to fruition without a lot of behind the scenes, roll up their sleeves type of Teammates that I am very thankful to have and be part of.

Details are indeed everything!!! For example...We could have kept the bolt lugs and the breech cylinder with squared off edges and saved a few minutes of reprogramming and saved a few minutes in the actual machining time but why??? So we made them with a 1.5mm radii because it looks better to the eyes and feels better to the hands :)

bolt with .063 radius (004).png
breech cyl with .063 radius (003).png

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

@MarinePMI
It sure seems a LOT longer than it probably truly has been but YES it seems like our first conversations were years and years ago, lol.

There have been many changes, tweaks, revisions, etc that have been done during a very prolonged T&E phase.....

BUT I think the end users have a right to demand a product does not require additional changes, tweaks, revisions, etc once the product is actually in their hands.
It is my responsibility to make sure that happens with all of Hoplite Arms products BUT let me be very clear....NONE of our products come to fruition without a lot of behind the scenes, roll up their sleeves type of Teammates that I am very thankful to have and be part of.

Details are indeed everything!!! For example...We could have kept the bolt lugs and the breech cylinder with squared off edges and saved a few minutes of reprogramming and saved a few minutes in the actual machining time but why??? So we made them with a 1.5mm radii because it looks better to the eyes and feels better to the hands :)

View attachment 7142504View attachment 7142505

Sincerely,
Theis
... and your machinists will thank you because they don't have to worry about cutting themselves and then have to deburr them anyway.

... and your machinists will thank you because they don't have to worry about cutting themselves and then have to deburr them anyway.

Hi,

That is probably why the programmer damn near ran out of my office to get the changes done lolol...
You sound as if you have experience in such cuts...sorta like tearing half thumb off and such ;)

On serious note: Glad to read your hand is getting better!! Rumor is some tomahawk parts are ready to throw you a party.

Edited To Add: 3 weeks with no email reply.....well..that leads to different things :).....Introducing the Hoplite Arms "Hypnos" muzzle brakes.
1567711998273.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

That is probably why the programmer damn near ran out of my office to get the changes done lolol...
You sound as if you have experience in such cuts...sorta like tearing half thumb off and such ;)

On serious note: Glad to read your hand is getting better!! Rumor is some tomahawk parts are ready to throw you a party.

Edited To Add: 3 weeks with no email reply.....well..that leads to different things :).....Introducing the Hoplite Arms "Hypnos" muzzle brakes.
View attachment 7142658

Sincerely,
Theis
APA didn’t reply?

APA didn’t reply?

Hi,

Ahh, never emailed Jered. Figured he was loaded building rifles for hunting season since it is about that time.
You know how hunters are...will wait 5 years to draw an elk tag but want their rifle built in 1 week, hahah.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Ahh, never emailed Jered. Figured he was loaded building rifles for hunting season since it is about that time.
You know how hunters are...will wait 5 years to draw an elk tag but want their rifle built in 1 week, hahah.

Sincerely,
Theis
And then go to a forum dedicated to hunting long range and ask for a "perfect" load for their precise custom rifle combo that's going to harvest said elk at 700 yards.... oh and they only have one powder, refuse to buy another powder, and the wrong projectile.

Hi,

View attachment 7142658

Sincerely,
Theis
The thumb happened while cutting foam for shadowboxing tools. 6s bullcrap.

Never done much mill work. More a lathe guy. Now I run an old Sheffield crush grinder. Its been here since 1986 (same age as me) and was last rebuilt in the early 2000's. They're supposed to be replacing it sometime soon with a Studer S41.

The thumb happened while cutting foam for shadowboxing tools. 6s bullcrap.

Never done much mill work. More a lathe guy. Now I run an old Sheffield crush grinder. Its been here since 1986 (same age as me) and was last rebuilt in the early 2000's. They're supposed to be replacing it sometime soon with a Studer S41.

Man. I feel old.

Just get a 270..
Zero 2” high at 100 and you hold dead on out to 800

Hi,

Yea but do I need to utilize MOA or MIL muzzle brakes? Do I need to use recoil mitigating scope mounts?

Man. I feel old.

Hi,
Shit...according to that piece of equipment's maintenance schedule....I am due for a rebuild!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Yea but do I need to utilize MOA or MIL muzzle brakes? Do I need to use recoil mitigating scope mounts?

Hi,
Shit...according to that piece of equipment's maintenance schedule....I am due for a rebuild!!

Sincerely,
Theis
How often is your body required to hold +/-0.0001" (0.00254mm)?

Chuckle. No offense intended LJ; sometimes I just forget that at some point I got old. Doesn’t feel like it most days, but comments like yours remind me, that’s all.

In 86 POTUS was Reagan, cell phones were rare and the size of a briefcase, and the Russians were the enemy. ...and I enlisted in the Marines the following year, two months after turning 17. My how time flies (apologies for the thread hijack).

sorry for the hijack theis...

Now back to revolutionary high pressure

Extreme tolerances

Weapon system goodness

A few more pics won’t hurt...just sayin

Reactions: LeftyJason
sorry for the hijack theis...

Now back to revolutionary high pressure

Extreme tolerances

Weapon system goodness

A few more pics won’t hurt...just sayin

Hi,

So here is front side view of the bolt lugs going into the breech cylinder :) .
2019-09-05 (2).png

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

Lets get a side topic going while programming finalize the magazine release and machines do their thing ? ...
What 4 scopes do you all that will be attending Shot Show want to see in our rifles?
Anything in particular anyone is wanting to see in regards to "how it looks and fits" when mounted?

Sincerely,
Theis

S&B 5-25x56 would probably be a good standard go to scope.

Hi,

That is the Gold Standard really!! I am trying to get a plan for that 5-45 S&B to fit for you without having to be such high mount.

7-35 atacr is going on mine
zco 527
TT
razor gen 2

in a spuhr (unless you have a better idea ;);))

Hi,

The 7-35 ATACR is one of my personal choices for sure!!
Let me call ZCO and TT to see what they have lying around. (Anyone from TT onboard SH?)
O I got mounting covered ;)

Sincerely,
Theis

atacr is a must they seem to be the bell of the ball
SB 5-25 or maybe the new shorty, if nothing else name recognition
Kahles, second tier but very popular
TT, seem to still be the king...especially of turret feel (yes im joking)

ill send you the spuhr mount product number i have my 5-45 atop my AXMC

I'm not sure if the Leupold Mark 8 is still a thing in some circles or not?
You might be able to borrow one for the show from someone not using theirs.

spuhr mount product number i have my 5-45 atop my AXMC

I have one on top of my AXMC as well, but in the ERA-TAC adjustable MOA mount.

The mount I was the most happy behind was from back in the day with the old AI AW rifle using the original 18 MOA dovetail mount with the center milled out to accept the S&B 5-25x56 It made for a really low profile nice fit behind the rifle.

You're all wrong. The rifles need Tasco, Simmons, NC-Star and the piece de resistance, a Huskemaw... ??
I was thinking that but spray painting them bright neon orange, green and pink so that they really stand out like a model with her make up did.

People will be there to look at the rifles and not the scopes afterall.

ZC420 on whichever option is most portable (Kopis/KMW?)
TT525P on whatever is sexiest (Aspis/Doru?)
Razor II 4.5-27 on whichever is PRSiest (Kopis/Doru?)
ATACR 7-35 on whichever is ELRiest (Phalanx/Doru)

Zombie Green & Wild Purple cerakote or bust!

A Revic might be an interesting add to the mix, tech wise....

I’m so tempted to buy one but I just don’t shoot that far often enough.

With the program, do you think it would work with the extra pressure higher velocity Theis’ Action will take.

It’s above what’s on the market currently

It’s math, so yeah. That being said, they may need a s/w update for the higher velocity parameters.

Case in point. The current s/w twist rate for .224 only goes to 7. I have a LH GT that ends at the muzzle at 6.5. Does it matter? Not much from what I can see thus far, but it is a limitation of the s/w parameters, not the math itself.

Hi,

Lets get a side topic going while programming finalize the magazine release and machines do their thing ? ...
What 4 scopes do you all that will be attending Shot Show want to see in our rifles?
Anything in particular anyone is wanting to see in regards to "how it looks and fits" when mounted?

Sincerely,
Theis
Atacr 7x35 (with a Charlie tarac for the ELR stuff on a 375 or 416)
Zcomp
S&B
Kahles

Hi,

Who is the Revic rep here?
They shipping mil versions yet?

Revic
TT
ZCO
S&B

Sounds like nice variety combo for demos.

Sincerely,
Theis
I was told Reximus no longer is at Revic.

They are shipping mil versions now (it’s what I have).

Might call up Gunwerks directly, to start a dialog. Maybe @lowlight could make an intro(?). Shrug. Free advertising for Revic at the least....

ETA: @brianf FYI, the Revic really is a slick piece of hardware. I’ve only had it on my Valk, but it makes me smile every time I turn it on and see it calibrate to the new environmentals. Then place a CB shot on a target at 500+ yds. Makes me giggle like a twelve year old girl with pigtails. Same thing when I was in the garage one morning, dorking with it and the motion sensor light went out...and illumination cut on automatically. Just made me giggle a little...

Last edited:
Reactions: brianf and THEIS
The Revics are really good, and I have the Mil Version here, I will try to knock out a video this month with it.

We had a Revic in my last class, the student had to leave early due to a family issue, but the scope was no drama setting it up.

Their software is solid and it's super easy to use and communicate with. Also, it can be used a "Regular" scope with no battery in it, so there is that plus. The tool-less turrets work well too.

The Revics are really good, and I have the Mil Version here, I will try to knock out a video this month with it.

We had a Revic in my last class, the student had to leave early due to a family issue, but the scope was no drama setting it up.

Their software is solid and it's super easy to use and communicate with. Also, it can be used a "Regular" scope with no battery in it, so there is that plus. The tool-less turrets work well too.

Yeah, their tool less turrets really are the schiznits. I wish other scope manufacturers put that kind of thought into the turrets like Revic did. Setting zero on the turrets is zero drama.

I have a nf beast in a box that I bought a while ago...always wanted just because.

Wonder I can trade out for a revic...

Killing me.

If Theis puts a pic of a revic on a WM sized action I’m going to get divorced

Hi,

Would a 38mm high be too much clearance for you?

Sincerely,
Theis

I’m currently running a 0moa AI 34mm mount on my AT with PM2 with 50mm objective. I would like to add more cant because I have about 9mils below my zero and can’t access all the available travel in the knobs. I’m about 3mils shy.

Choices for mount heights seem to be 34mm or 38mm. IMO Something right in between would be perfect.

38mm would work fine as well. Currently the Spuhr 4602 is at the top of my very short list.

If you’re working on something similar it would also be at the top of my list.

If I were to choose perfect specs it would be 36mm height and 6 or 7mil of cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.